Page 83 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to the FBS

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU to the FBS

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Well, it was an incredibly personal and particularly juvenile joke. Even if it was a joke, you're still a prick for making things personal. Fuck you and your mother.

And your dog.
    So when Lakes calls ML a pussy or Dave Richman an idiot that's not personal? In other words he's allowed to call people names and it's not personal or being a dick? Maybe I just don't understand the "internet rules". Not calling you out by any means....just curious.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    So when Lakes calls ML a pussy or Dave Richman an idiot that's not personal? In other words he's allowed to call people names and it's not personal or being a dick? Maybe I just don't understand the "internet rules". Not calling you out by any means....just curious.
    I would say it is in bad taste for sure. However, they are in the public light, not some rubes from a message board getting doxxed. Is it a double standard? Yeah. Is it fair? No. To me name-calling is different than bringing up personal matters, but that just IMHO.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm curious about what the impact of an outdoor stadium in Fargo would be on recruiting in Florida and other Southern states?
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    I'm curious about what the impact of an outdoor stadium in Fargo would be on recruiting in Florida and other Southern states?
    Hard to say but a quick check of the UofM Gophers 2020 roster shows 22 players from the states FL, GA, LA, TX and NV.

https://gophersports.com/sports/football/roster

The Gophers play outside at TCF Bank Stadium. It is not even a little bit covered but it does have some kick ass suites and I believe the largest home locker room in all of D1 FB.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I would say it is in bad taste for sure. However, they are in the public light, not some rubes from a message board getting doxxed. Is it a double standard? Yeah. Is it fair? No. To me name-calling is different than bringing up personal matters, but that just IMHO.
    Yeah, I guess I would just add that if you can’t tell the difference between harshly criticizing an athletic dept administration on a message board and outing said criticizer as a felon, then yeah, I would brush up on “internet rules.”

In all seriousness, mt, what I’m saying is that we are all passionate fans on a message board saying (criticizing, praising, hoping) things about people we feel passionate about. This isn’t going to be perfect by any means, but the continual calling out of literal criminal records and even shaming people for not giving money to TeamMakers is a little over the line for me. I’m sure I could criticize you and others for what you spend your money on, and vice versa.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Something like Lumen (CenturyLink) Field in Seattle would be pretty cool. Though it wouldn't be as functional as a full dome. And it's hard to say what it would look like with an extremely pared-down capacity in comparison to the NFL stadium. Maybe build up the west side (or angle it and do the NW) to block the most wind and then have the east be pretty basic for media and some indoor suites? It's probably a terrible idea but during brainstorming sessions you gotta get some ideas out there.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

https://images.app.goo.gl/AkYj3XtDxVbY5guT9

Or something like this but fully enclosed with no retractable roof. Seat say: 32k-38 if needed for expansion.
    Or even 28k-35k.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Not bad. Maybe you wouldnt' go quite as high with the seating. Don't need 33,800. 25,000 would be a good number, but it needs to be expandable.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Yeah, I guess I would just add that if you can’t tell the difference between harshly criticizing an athletic dept administration on a message board and outing said criticizer as a felon, then yeah, I would brush up on “internet rules.”

In all seriousness, mt, what I’m saying is that we are all passionate fans on a message board saying (criticizing, praising, hoping) things about people we feel passionate about. This isn’t going to be perfect by any means, but the continual calling out of literal criminal records and even shaming people for not giving money to TeamMakers is a little over the line for me. I’m sure I could criticize you and others for what you spend your money on, and vice versa.
    I see your point. Guess I'm just saying if you're going to constantly be the "Hey look at me guy" who appears to think he has all the answers....well some folks are gonna get tired of it and say...."So what about you, maybe we should look a little closer at your perfectness"

I understand everyone has their own opinions. It's just that at times the constant, over and over tirades wear a little thin and some folks are gonna call him out on it when he's trying to make himself out as the big dog with all the supposed inside info. Aren't you then trying to put yourself in a public light and somewhat susceptable to the same criticisms as others in the public light?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!