Page 1 of 103 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to the FBS

Default NDSU to the FBS

After seeing the recent success of Coastal Carolina and Liberty is it time for NDSU to finally make the move?

https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/...967304708?s=20

Default Re: NDSU to the FBS

Quote Originally Posted by SkolMitzel View Post
    After seeing the recent success of Coastal Carolina and Liberty is it time for NDSU to finally make the move?

In before someone complains about another FBS thread...

I guess Izzo is drinking the Lakes koolaid now though so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by SkolMitzel View Post

Come back here if either of those teams get serious consideration for the playoffs or whatever they are called now.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Come back here if either of those teams get serious consideration for the playoffs or whatever they are called now.
    This is only possible in 2020.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

After seeing how FCS is/was treated this year and seeing how these 2 teams plus others we “owned” at that level ranked in the FBS, I have pulled a Dom and flipped. Dream scenario would have Nebraska going back to Big 12 with NDSU taking that spot. Emphasis on dream.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

How many damn times do we have to go through this?!! Do people not understand? Without a conference invite, moving up is not possible!! Is that too hard to understand? The only conferences near us are the Big 10, Big 12, and the Mountain West. None of those conferences are going to invite NDSU. Ever. Location and media market size are what prevents this. If/when the p5 breaks off, then we can have a legitimate discussion as realignment among the remaining FBS and FCS will occur. Until then, there is nothing to talk about. Just declaring you are going FBS doesn't make conferences want to extend an offer. Its kind of like stating “I’m single and available” and then hoping Margot Robbie calls you up!!!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    How many damn times do we have to go through this?!! Do people not understand? Without a conference invite, moving up is not possible!! Is that too hard to understand? The only conferences near us are the Big 10, Big 12, and the Mountain West. None of those conferences are going to invite NDSU. Ever. Location and media market size are what prevents this. If/when the p5 breaks off, then we can have a legitimate discussion as realignment among the remaining FBS and FCS will occur. Until then, there is nothing to talk about. Just declaring you are going FBS doesn't make conferences want to extend an offer. Its kind of like stating “I’m single and available” and then hoping Margot Robbie calls you up!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I have a FBS thread.

3074 replies

All your answers are in it.. NDSU should've been in FBS in 2013 (even turned down the MAC then supposedly)

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...ghlight=thread

and YES NDSU NEEDS AN INVITE SO WHAT THE HELL ARE MATT LARSON AND DEAN B DOING?

Matt Entz and the coaches WANT TO BE IN THE FBS! its a shame that Matt doesn't want to take the risk and Dean B is about 2-3 years from Retirement.

GO SOLICIT AN INVITE TO THE MOUNTAIN WEST ALREADY!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I have a FBS thread.

3074 replies

All your answers are in it.. NDSU should've been in FBS in 2013 (even turned down the MAC then supposedly)

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...ghlight=thread

and YES NDSU NEEDS AN INVITE SO WHAT THE HELL ARE MATT LARSON AND DEAN B DOING?

Matt Entz and the coaches WANT TO BE IN THE FBS! its a shame that Matt doesn't want to take the risk and Dean B is about 2-3 years from Retirement.

GO SOLICIT AN INVITE TO THE MOUNTAIN WEST ALREADY!!
    NDSU never turned down an offer from the MAC. You are fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    NDSU never turned down an offer from the MAC. You are fake news.
    I have 2 solid sources that MAC & NDSU talked back in 2013, Its pissed me off to hear that NDSU poo poo'ed it. But honestly I am 100% all in on Mountain West or AAConference so I'm not heartbroken that we aren't in the MAC
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?