PDA

View Full Version : 2020 ndsu football season

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

El_Chapo
05-19-2020, 05:46 AM
June 1 Players back for summer workouts.

Lets do this!!!!!

MankatoBison
05-19-2020, 01:45 PM
is this a hope or is it an announcement?

acf2
05-19-2020, 01:56 PM
It is is correct.

Bisonator98
05-19-2020, 01:57 PM
He got the text.....

MankatoBison
05-19-2020, 01:58 PM
He got the text.....

hahahaha classic! an oldie but a goodie

El_Chapo
05-19-2020, 03:03 PM
Lets Pump it up around here!!

heffray
05-19-2020, 03:07 PM
This is great news. Thanks for text sharing, Lapo... ;)

GreenfieldBison
05-19-2020, 03:10 PM
Apparently Matt Larsen DID NOT get the text.

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/6495504-NDSU-inching-closer-to-decision-when-Bison-athletes-can-return-to-campus

SoCalBison
05-19-2020, 03:36 PM

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/6495504-NDSU-inching-closer-to-decision-when-Bison-athletes-can-return-to-campus

Chapo, forward it to him!

acf2
05-19-2020, 04:44 PM

That's interesting and definitely raises some questions on my end...

roadwarrior
05-19-2020, 05:21 PM

That story was posted yesterday morning. Maybe something has changed since then?

GreenfieldBison
05-19-2020, 07:44 PM
That story was posted yesterday morning. Maybe something has changed since then?

Very true. He did state they were trying to come to a decision this week. I would think they would make it public though, don’t you?

MNLonghorn10
05-19-2020, 08:12 PM
Very true. He did state they were trying to come to a decision this week. I would think they would make it public though, don’t you?

Doesn’t get anymore bigger than this.

Professor Chaos
05-19-2020, 09:01 PM
Will there be any precipitation involving female dogs???

reformedUNDfan
05-19-2020, 09:11 PM
I don't have espn+

did the QB or LT make this list of top returning players?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29171135/ranking-college-football-top-10-returning-players-position-2020

El_Chapo
05-19-2020, 09:29 PM
awwww did the 3 stooges get scooped or duped ?

we "could" be talking summer weight program...LOL

ByeSonBusiness
05-19-2020, 10:02 PM
I don't have espn+

did the QB or LT make this list of top returning players?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29171135/ranking-college-football-top-10-returning-players-position-2020

Nope. 10 char

TAILG8R
05-19-2020, 10:11 PM
Nope. 10 charNot surprising and I don't think it's necessarily a slight to them. These list from the large media companies are always put together with only FBS in mind. I think it has as much to do with their audience expectations as it does with most writers not having exposure to FCS.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
05-19-2020, 11:11 PM
Not surprising and I don't think it's necessarily a slight to them. These list from the large media companies are always put together with only FBS in mind. I think it has as much to do with their audience expectations as it does with most writers not having exposure to FCS.

Yea NFL Gms and Draft junkies all know Trey Lance & Dillon Radunz.... thats all that matters. right?

El_Chapo
05-20-2020, 09:13 PM
June 1 Players back for summer workouts.

Lets do this!!!!!

OFFICIAL: NCAA approves voluntary workouts June 1st...

Thanks Mark Emmert for the text yesterday *wink wink*

heffray
05-20-2020, 10:41 PM
OFFICIAL: NCAA approves voluntary workouts June 1st...

Thanks Mark Emmert for the text yesterday *wink wink*

I'll be the first to ask Lapo for a link to confirm.

MNLonghorn10
05-21-2020, 12:19 AM
I'll be the first to ask Lapo for a link to confirm.

https://twitter.com/petethamel/status/1263189960573796352?s=21

heffray
05-21-2020, 03:06 AM
https://twitter.com/petethamel/status/1263189960573796352?s=21

Sorry, who are you?

marenlee
05-21-2020, 08:19 AM
Not surprising and I don't think it's necessarily a slight to them. These list from the large media companies are always put together with only FBS in mind. I think it has as much to do with their audience expectations as it does with most writers not having exposure to FCS.

Yet they have KENT State and Arkansas State QBs on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ByeSonBusiness
05-21-2020, 02:16 PM

Those are both FBS programs

TAILG8R
05-21-2020, 03:12 PM

Right, both of which are FBS schools which actually bolsters my point.

totoinfl
05-21-2020, 03:46 PM
Two OL from Air Force...I didn't see that coming.

Bison03
05-22-2020, 02:21 AM
Good first step. Matt Larsen was on the Insiders yesterday and said that individual workouts would likely begin in June, with more larger organized workouts likely starting in June. Go listen to todays show where Patty V was on. She is on the NCAA committee making these decisions. Was very optimistic. Said that the consensus is that by mid July, the decision will be made when football teams can start fall camp and how a season would look. Stating at minimum 6 weeks prior to week 1 needed for a reopen timeline. Lets get this thing rolling!!

Bisonator98
05-22-2020, 12:07 PM
There really shouldn't be any reason campuses are not reopening June 1. Everything should be open by then anyway. If you can go to a local gym why wouldn't the campus facilities open up? Would be way safer for the student athletes to train together on campus then spread out and going to different gyms all over the country.

ndsubison1
05-22-2020, 01:52 PM
There really shouldn't be any reason campuses are not reopening June 1. Everything should be open by then anyway. If you can go to a local gym why wouldn't the campus facilities open up? Would be way safer for the student athletes to train together on campus then spread out and going to different gyms all over the country.

Agree, dont underestimate "leaders" ability to make irrational decisions.

Grizzled
05-22-2020, 01:54 PM

Agreed. However than they have to be accountable for the players. I still think it goes back to liability.

Bisman
05-23-2020, 03:53 AM
Bison Illustrated Podcast Episode 125: NDSU returns loaded offense around Lance, Covid-19 will reshape NCAA

https://soundcloud.com/bison-illustrated/ep-125-north-dakota-state-returns-load-offense-around-lance

SoCalBison
05-23-2020, 05:42 PM
Agree, dont underestimate "leaders" ability to make irrational decisions.

Or, for that matter, "followers"...

Bisonator98
05-28-2020, 05:29 PM
Football team will start on campus workouts next week. Soccer and VB on 6/8. MB & WB on 6/15.

Rock
05-28-2020, 06:54 PM
Football team will start on campus workouts next week. Soccer and VB on 6/8. MB & WB on 6/15.

Heck yeah!!!

Beep. Boop.

Hammerhead
05-29-2020, 09:32 PM
I don't see an L on the schedule. Bison go undefeated and the Ducks barely get above .500 after losing their first two games.

roadwarrior
05-29-2020, 10:00 PM
Weight room and other SHAC areas will be open to players, but no outdoor facilities? Why is that?

56BISON73
05-30-2020, 03:44 AM
Weight room and other SHAC areas will be open to players, but no outdoor facilities? Why is that?

I didnt know Waltz was ND govenor. Damn there is a lot of stupid shit going on out there.

ndsubison1
05-30-2020, 03:46 AM

Dont want publicity of a bunch of people outside?

TAILG8R
05-30-2020, 03:49 AM
Dont want publicity of a bunch of people outside?That was the one thing I kept coming back to. Not wanting to deal with people publicly complaining when they see the large group of players.

Hammersmith
05-30-2020, 06:06 AM
That was the one thing I kept coming back to. Not wanting to deal with people publicly complaining when they see the large group of players.

It's more likely a matter of controlling group size. It's pretty simple for the staff to set a max capacity for the weight room and other indoor spaces and easily enforce it. Much more difficult to do outside unless you plan to park an employee in a chair on the field, just sitting there and watching. The department can also easily control access to the indoor facilities to keep non-approved people out; can't easily do that for the outside facilities. In other words, it's all about controlling access.

Bisman
05-30-2020, 12:21 PM
NFL Draft Diamonds story about Carson Schoening https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/karson-schoening/

TAILG8R
05-30-2020, 01:04 PM
It's more likely a matter of controlling group size. It's pretty simple for the staff to set a max capacity for the weight room and other indoor spaces and easily enforce it. Much more difficult to do outside unless you plan to park an employee in a chair on the field, just sitting there and watching. The department can also easily control access to the indoor facilities to keep non-approved people out; can't easily do that for the outside facilities. In other words, it's all about controlling access.That makes a lot of sense thank you.

WhoRepsTheLurker
05-30-2020, 01:41 PM
https://www.startribune.com/pandemic-football-audible-what-if-the-gophers-played-north-dakota-state/570860762/

“What if North Dakota State, the reigning Football Championship Subdivision defending champion and perennial powerhouse at that level, can’t play its scheduled game at Oregon on Sept 5? What if the Gophers can’t open their season as currently scheduled against Florida Atlantic that week?”

Kolpack wrote: “If the pandemic reaches the point where both teams have their schedules altered to conference games only, make it a true home-and-home.”

“This might come as a surprise, but North Dakota and the Gophers have played three times, with the Bison winning twice.”

I must have missed this in the Forum but that’s where it started …

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/6508488-Kolpack-Bison-vs.-Gophers-on-pay-per-view-would-be-perfect-college-football-Plan-B

heffray
05-30-2020, 02:46 PM
https://www.startribune.com/pandemic-football-audible-what-if-the-gophers-played-north-dakota-state/570860762/

“What if North Dakota State, the reigning Football Championship Subdivision defending champion and perennial powerhouse at that level, can’t play its scheduled game at Oregon on Sept 5? What if the Gophers can’t open their season as currently scheduled against Florida Atlantic that week?”

Kolpack wrote: “If the pandemic reaches the point where both teams have their schedules altered to conference games only, make it a true home-and-home.”

“This might come as a surprise, but North Dakota and the Gophers have played three times, with the Bison winning twice.”

I must have missed this in the Forum but that’s where it started …

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/6508488-Kolpack-Bison-vs.-Gophers-on-pay-per-view-would-be-perfect-college-football-Plan-B

Did Kolpack really refer to them as “North Dakota” sans “State” in that last sentence? Shame...

WhoRepsTheLurker
05-30-2020, 03:26 PM
Did Kolpack really refer to them as “North Dakota” sans “State” in that last sentence? Shame...

No, that's Sinker. He's not local so you have to expect the non-local perspective.

heffray
05-30-2020, 04:04 PM
No, that's Sinker. He's not local so you have to expect the non-local perspective.

Ah got it.

Hammersmith
05-30-2020, 06:06 PM

It's also not technically true. The two schools have played many more times than just three, it's just that all the other games happened in the early 1900s. He should have added a 'in recent memory' or 'in the 21st century' to that statement.

WhoRepsTheLurker
05-30-2020, 06:38 PM
It's also not technically true. The two schools have played many more times than just three, it's just that all the other games happened in the early 1900s. He should have added a 'in recent memory' or 'in the 21st century' to that statement.

Yes, I agree. Way back in the day …

I can see how it annoys people, especially Bison fans, but the ESPN announcers make the same mistake every year. They just correct themselves in real time. Since it keeps happening over and over, I’ve just decided to take it as a complement. In these people’s minds, the state of ND is represented by a truly exceptional D1 football program called the Bison.

Florida Atlantic was decent last year, no? I wonder if they give the Gophers a game. FWIW, I fully expect the Oregon game to happen.

What Jeff is proposing would be really cool, though, so who knows. They have to want a rematch I would think …

Answer Guy
05-30-2020, 09:58 PM

I believe he started at the GF Herald. Could have been trolling.

heffray
05-31-2020, 01:42 PM
I believe he started at the GF Herald. Could have been trolling.

Then fuckem.

scottietohottie
05-31-2020, 01:50 PM
Then fuckem.

Yeah this.

Bisman
06-04-2020, 06:22 PM
FCS 2020 PREVIEW: MVFC Preseason All-Conference Team

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2020-conference-preview-mvfc-all-conference-bzbz

NDSU92
06-09-2020, 06:26 PM
Izzo picked his 5 (actually listed 7 total) teams to watch as title contenders for the upcoming season. 4 from the Valley and 3 from the Big Sky.

To me it begs the question, is east-coast FCS dead? I couldn’t tell you one team that I’d expect to see in the top 5 next year that isn’t one of the seven teams listed. The Southland is a dumpster fire, southern conference has become a yearly punchline and the CAA has consistently shown they are nothing without JMU.

reformedUNDfan
06-10-2020, 02:14 AM
I think JMU and Nova should contenders for runner up

TAILG8R
06-10-2020, 02:55 AM
I think JMU and Nova should contender for runner upI really hope Nova is a real contender for two reasons and two reasons only I'm tired of hearing in the preseason they're going to be good and I want ANY new blood deep in the playoffs.

Hammersmith
06-10-2020, 03:08 AM
Izzo picked his 5 (actually listed 7 total) teams to watch as title contenders for the upcoming season. 4 from the Valley and 3 from the Big Sky.

To me it begs the question, is east-coast FCS dead? I couldn’t tell you one team that I’d expect to see in the top 5 next year that isn’t one of the seven teams listed. The Southland is a dumpster fire, southern conference has become a yearly punchline and the CAA has consistently shown they are nothing without JMU.

East coast(or eastern/southern in general) got hurt by move ups. App St, GA Southern, even the upstarts like Old Dominion and Coastal Carolina. Good programs left and no one in the region really stepped up to the plate to the same level. And other power schools have decided to shoot themselves in the foot(Delaware, UNH, etc.)

MankatoBison
06-10-2020, 03:22 PM
Nova would literally be 7-9th in the valley. Maybe last. They f*cking SUCK. It is laugh out loud funny that B Mac keeps pimping them like they're just 1-2 plays away from being a annual semifinalist or something.

Straight up, there are maybe 5 good teams (and by that I mean, not embarrassing) and everyone else is borderline D2. Virtually no FCS take football seriously. App state and GSU leaving were punches in the gut, but even thought the schools like liberty, ODU and CC were never world beaters, they were head and shoulders above the average FCS puds when it comes to commitment to the program. I think those three schools alone have put more into their stadiums than maybe the rest of the FCS combined during the same time period (if you exclude SDSU)

MankatoBison
06-10-2020, 03:28 PM
For real, lets take an inventory of TOTAL FCS teams who have at least enough commitment from their admin where they dont want their football team to be an embarrassment to their school:

NDSU
Montana
Montana State
EWU
SDSU
JMU
USD
UND (as much as I laugh at them, they clearly want to be not embarrassing where as 97% of the FCS is 100% cool with playing in highschool stadiums)
Delaware
ISUr i guess? they have put alot of cash into their stadium in the last 4-5 years but i feel thats lipstick on a pig. maybe i'm wrong

Who else makes this list? Who am I forgetting? What are the other schools who financially prioritize their football program at a level that is far and away better than D2?

I really dont think UNI makes this list. They have shown precisely zero commitment to facility improvements outside of the water stained field for nearly 20 years. They seem completely comfortable ignoring the football program until farley passes away from old age.

Twincitybizon
06-10-2020, 04:16 PM
For real, lets take an inventory of TOTAL FCS teams who have at least enough commitment from their admin where they dont want their football team to be an embarrassment to their school:

NDSU
Montana
Montana State
EWU
SDSU
JMU
USD
UND (as much as I laugh at them, they clearly want to be not embarrassing where as 97% of the FCS is 100% cool with playing in highschool stadiums)
Delaware
ISUr i guess? they have put alot of cash into their stadium in the last 4-5 years but i feel thats lipstick on a pig. maybe i'm wrong

Who else makes this list? Who am I forgetting? What are the other schools who financially prioritize their football program at a level that is far and away better than D2?

I really dont think UNI makes this list. They have shown precisely zero commitment to facility improvements outside of the water stained field for nearly 20 years. They seem completely comfortable ignoring the football program until farley passes away from old age.

Might have to take EWU off the list as they're broke as shit

Bison Dan
06-10-2020, 04:22 PM
Might have to take EWU off the list as they're broke as shit

Guess who was their AD a few years ago?

Twincitybizon
06-10-2020, 05:26 PM
Guess who was their AD a few years ago?

Who good sir who????

NDSUKurt
06-10-2020, 05:39 PM

NDSU
Montana
Montana State
EWU
SDSU
JMU
USD
Delaware

I agree to a certain point about UNI, but I would still add them to the list. They do have a core base of fans, and they have the fair-weather fans. I think that they have been beaten up so often over the past 10 years that they have became complacent.

A lot of this has to do with their scheduling. Their old AD as well as his replacement would often schedule home and homes with Big Sky teams, and tough ones at that. They often began the season 2-2 or 2-3 and had to play almost perfect ball, which strained the program because they often had to play on Thanksgiving weekend.

The coach, Farley, recently complained about the UNI scheduling philosophy and how they always play home and homes with tough teams. His complaint makes sense - if they are gonna do home and homes, do them with a crappy Southland, Big South, Ohio Valley or someone and win the games easily and save your self for the playoffs.

If they start doing this and go 8-3 or 9-2 more often, their fans will turn out more and the commitment to their program will increase.

mtoutfitter
06-10-2020, 06:08 PM
Who good sir who????

I'll take a stab....current Fhawker AD?

Bison Dan
06-10-2020, 07:43 PM
I'll take a stab....current Fhawker AD?

Bingo!!!!!!

bruinbison
06-10-2020, 07:56 PM
Nova would literally be 7-9th in the valley. Maybe last. They f*cking SUCK. It is laugh out loud funny that B Mac keeps pimping them like they're just 1-2 plays away from being a annual semifinalist or something.

Straight up, there are maybe 5 good teams (and by that I mean, not embarrassing) and everyone else is borderline D2. Virtually no FCS take football seriously. App state and GSU leaving were punches in the gut, but even thought the schools like liberty, ODU and CC were never world beaters, they were head and shoulders above the average FCS puds when it comes to commitment to the program. I think those three schools alone have put more into their stadiums than maybe the rest of the FCS combined during the same time period (if you exclude SDSU)

Without looking - other schools with renovation/rebuilding of their stadiums that look like nice places to be include
Missouri State, New Hampshire, Jacksonville State and Nicholls State. Last year’s Fighting Hawks game at Nicholls was kinda “quaint” looking, but they are adding on a new 6.5 M end zone facility - and had done other imp

Bisonator98
06-11-2020, 02:54 PM
Without looking - other schools with renovation/rebuilding of their stadiums that look like nice places to be include
Missouri State, New Hampshire, Jacksonville State and Nicholls State. Last year’s Fighting Hawks game at Nicholls was kinda “quaint” looking, but they are adding on a new 6.5 M end zone facility - and had done other imp

Hope they include locker rooms.;)

Bisman
06-12-2020, 11:03 AM
Coach Grant Olson talks about the linebacker group

https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/ndsu-linebackers-coach-grant-olson-on-the-brakedown-june-11th

Bisman
06-12-2020, 11:16 AM
2020 FCS Jersey Countdown: 66 -- The Best Player Who Wears No. 66 Is NDSU's Nash Jensen

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2020-countdown-best-players-ndsu-nash-jensen-bzbz

Bisman
06-12-2020, 11:17 AM
2020 FCS Jersey Countdown: 67 -- The Best Player Who Wears No. 67 Is NDSU's Cordell Volson

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2020-countdown-best-players-ndsu-cordell-volson-bzbz

Bisman
06-12-2020, 11:19 AM
2020 FCS Jersey Countdown: 87 -- The Best Player Who Wears No. 87 Is NDSU's Noah Gindorff

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2020-countdown-best-players-ndsu-noah-gindorff-bzbz

Bisman
06-12-2020, 11:21 AM
2020 FCS Jersey Countdown: 75 -- The Best Player Who Wears No. 75 Is NDSU's Dillon Radunz

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2020-countdown-best-players-ndsu-dillon-radunz-bzbz

scottietohottie
06-12-2020, 11:49 AM
Not sure Bisman understands counting down.

Bisman
06-12-2020, 12:23 PM
Not sure Bisman understands counting down.

With automated driving, you farmers have got too much time on your hands, not that you didn't before.

GreenfieldBison
06-12-2020, 01:45 PM
With automated driving, you farmers have got too much time on your hands, not that you didn't before.

And since he does have all that time and he really doesn't need to even be there Scotty you might want to investigate whether Bisman has actually imparted a pattern. Grab yourself a good book on Chaos Theory, climb in the tractor, turn on the AC and the autopilot, sit back and enjoy. Then try to find the pattern... once you wake up again of course.

wisco4
06-13-2020, 02:32 AM
U of Houston just suspended workouts due to C virus positives, going to be a wild ride. Iowa St. just released a bunch of positive test results from athletes. Soon programs will stop testing or releasing info. Hold on fellas, interesting summer ahead. If a starter test positive and is asymptomatic, how many programs hush it?

bisonaudit
06-13-2020, 06:10 AM
U of Houston just suspended workouts due to C virus positives, going to be a wild ride. Iowa St. just released a bunch of positive test results from athletes. Soon programs will stop testing or releasing info. Hold on fellas, interesting summer ahead. If a starter test positive and is asymptomatic, how many programs hush it?

That's a great way to get half your team sick and the athletic program sued out of existance.

SamsRams
06-13-2020, 01:48 PM
That's a great way to get half your team sick and the athletic program sued out of existance.

Not sure how, when the World Health Organization says it’s extremely rare for asymptomatic to pass the virus to other people

Rock
06-13-2020, 04:37 PM

Yeah- thats how things are looking. 2nd wave etc.

That one guy i know that tested positive is still fine, and we hang out with a lot of the same people. They are all still kicking. Even the old ones.

Didn’t even know they had it.

But i will sue the crap outta that restaurant if i ever get the chance...

bisonaudit
06-14-2020, 12:05 AM
Not sure how, when the World Health Organization says it’s extremely rare for asymptomatic to pass the virus to other people

I thought they walked that back less than a day later?

Sun Bison
06-14-2020, 01:02 AM

There is a difference between asymptomatic and presyptomatic. If some one has the virus but is presymptomatic they can still spread the virus, but if they are genuinely asymptomatic, as in not infected, it is extremely rare that they can transmit the disease.

Rock
06-14-2020, 02:35 AM
I thought they walked that back less than a day later?

Good point. There is a LOT of back and forth on this thing.

Almost like they aren’t even experts.

bisonaudit
06-14-2020, 07:18 AM
There is a difference between asymptomatic and presyptomatic. If some one has the virus but is presymptomatic they can still spread the virus, but if they are genuinely asymptomatic, as in not infected, it is extremely rare that they can transmit the disease.

I don't think that's what asymptomatic means.

Bison20
06-14-2020, 04:41 PM
I don't think that's what asymptomatic means.

Correct asymptomatic means you have it but don’t have any symptoms.

StL Bison Fan
06-14-2020, 05:55 PM
Did anyone else get a survey from the Fargodome about crowds?

No_Skill
06-15-2020, 01:21 AM
Yep. Filled it out yesterday.

El_Chapo
06-15-2020, 02:19 AM
Did anyone else get a survey from the Fargodome about crowds?

via email?

just open it up for NDSU games. if PEOPLE DONT WANNA GO. THEN DONT FREAKIN GO

What happened to America?

SoCalBison
06-15-2020, 02:54 AM
via email?

just open it up for NDSU games. if PEOPLE DONT WANNA GO. THEN DONT FREAKIN GO

What happened to America?

Uh, I'll bite: a global pandemic that's killed 110,000+ Americans in the last couple of months?

El_Chapo
06-15-2020, 04:10 AM
psh Nursing Home Flu from china

filled out survey , told them to quit being pussies and open it all up for concerts and ndsu games, those of us that wanna go will go, those that dont wanna go, will stay home. pretty simple.

bisonaudit
06-15-2020, 05:35 AM
psh Nursing Home Flu from china

filled out survey , told them to quit being pussies and open it all up for concerts and ndsu games, those of us that wanna go will go, those that dont wanna go, will stay home. pretty simple.

Simple is a word that could be used to describe this, Yes.

Twincitybizon
06-15-2020, 02:23 PM
Uh, I'll bite: a global pandemic that's killed 110,000+ Americans in the last couple of months?

I do the distancing guidelines because I'm not a dick, but if we're being honest 7/8ths of the people who die are at deaths door anyhow. Stiff breeze would finish off 75 year olds with 3 co morbidities.

bisonaudit
06-16-2020, 12:19 AM
I do the distancing guidelines because I'm not a dick, but if we're being honest 7/8ths of the people who die are at deaths door anyhow. Stiff breeze would finish off 75 year olds with 3 co morbidities.

You may want to double check the bit about not being a dick.

Twincitybizon
06-16-2020, 12:50 AM
You may want to double check the bit about not being a dick.

The truth hurts your gentle soul?

AKBison
06-16-2020, 12:52 AM
Take some personal responsibility folks. If your an at risk persons or frequent with one then please continue to self isolate. If your not in the above category then you need to self determine what your acceptable level of risk is and act accordingly. If Bisonaudit is uncomfortable attending a game then great, stay home. However that shouldn't stop lakes or whoever from taking his family to a game if he wants to. I'm tired of all the busy bodies on here.

AKBison
06-16-2020, 01:24 AM

NDSU
Montana
Montana State
EWU
SDSU
JMU
USD
Delaware

Have to include Delaware, #cocky, ISUr, UNI and NH at a minimum. Those schools prioritize football but just don't have the $$$ to do what needs to be done. 10 years ago McNeese and Nova were absolutely on that list as well. McNeese totally fell off the wagon with some admin changes and Nova tripled down on hoops and the Big East and were rewarded with a couple Natty's for their efforts.

TAILG8R
06-16-2020, 01:58 AM
Caught a video of the team heading into campus for workouts last week.

https://youtu.be/rpwqtxfCiPM

bisonaudit
06-16-2020, 02:02 AM
The truth hurts your gentle soul?

No, I’m completely comfortable with the notion that you are a dick.

mtoutfitter
06-16-2020, 02:21 AM
Caught a video of the team heading into campus for workouts last week.

https://youtu.be/rpwqtxfCiPM

Looking at the direction they're coming from I'd say that's looking towards the Lamar Valley in Yellowstone.

bisonaudit
06-16-2020, 07:20 AM
Take some personal responsibility folks. If your an at risk persons or frequent with one then please continue to self isolate. If your not in the above category then you need to self determine what your acceptable level of risk is and act accordingly. If Bisonaudit is uncomfortable attending a game then great, stay home. However that shouldn't stop lakes or whoever from taking his family to a game if he wants to. I'm tired of all the busy bodies on here.

Yeah, that’s not how things work when you’re dealing with a highly contagious pathogen.

One of the last things I did before the lockdown was attend a Spring Training game in Phoenix the first week of March. I don’t anticipate attending another major sporting event until we have a proven therapy and or vaccine widely available. I know 4 people who’ve had this now. All recovered, knock wood, with out apparent major complications, but we don’t know much about potential long-term implications. So, yeah, I don’t feel the need to put myself or anyone in my circle at added risk for the sake of a tiny incremental gain to my own entertainment.

El_Chapo
06-16-2020, 12:36 PM
NDSU Practice fields freshly painted and ready to roll

Rock
06-16-2020, 12:41 PM
Yeah, that’s not how things work when you’re dealing with a highly contagious pathogen.

One of the last things I did before the lockdown was attend a Spring Training game in Phoenix the first week of March. I don’t anticipate attending another major sporting event until we have a proven therapy and or vaccine widely available. I know 4 people who’ve had this now. All recovered, knock wood, with out apparent major complications, but we don’t know much about potential long-term implications. So, yeah, I don’t feel the need to put myself or anyone in my circle at added risk for the sake of a tiny incremental gain to my own entertainment.

Entertainment?

Stay HOME!!!!

Safety first: The key tenet of life, and Bison Football.

JDYFJ- STAY HOME.

WeAreThePride
06-16-2020, 01:13 PM

You are more than welcome to do that. Just stop telling us we have to.

bisonaudit
06-16-2020, 01:40 PM
You are more than welcome to do that. Just stop telling us we have to.

That is not how things work when you are dealing with a highly contagious pathogen.

Bisonator98
06-16-2020, 02:50 PM
That is not how things work when you are dealing with a highly contagious pathogen.

Just stop already.......jfc:facepalm:

bison22
06-16-2020, 02:58 PM
Just get everyone in a room and build up "HERD" immunity

Hammerhead
06-16-2020, 06:00 PM
Just get everyone in a room and build up "HERD" immunity

Should have sneakily done that 21 days before workouts started.

Rock
06-16-2020, 08:02 PM
Should have sneakily done that 21 days before workouts started.

Maybe they did...

reformedUNDfan
06-16-2020, 10:22 PM
Just stop already.......jfc:facepalm:

ten char

bisonaudit
06-16-2020, 11:20 PM
Champions League match in Milan. Super spreader event accelerated Italian COVID nightmare.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-soccer-match-that-kicked-off-italys-coronavirus-disaster-11585752012 (https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-soccer-match-that-kicked-off-italys-coronavirus-disaster-11585752012)

WeAreThePride
06-16-2020, 11:23 PM
Champions League match in Milan. Super spreader event accelerated Italian COVID nightmare.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-soccer-match-that-kicked-off-italys-coronavirus-disaster-11585752012 (https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-soccer-match-that-kicked-off-italys-coronavirus-disaster-11585752012)

FFS, go back to the political forum. This has nothing to do with NDSU football.

bisonaudit
06-16-2020, 11:30 PM
FFS, go back to the political forum. This has nothing to do with NDSU football.

Tell that to AKBison.

WeAreThePride
06-16-2020, 11:41 PM
Tell that to AKBison.

I'm telling it to you. If you think it needs to be said to someone else, say it yourself.

Hammerhead
06-17-2020, 12:27 AM
We just submitted our single-game ticket requests through Team Makers hoping that things won't be too bad this fall as far as the caronavirus.

El_Chapo
07-06-2020, 07:12 PM
TIME TO PUT THE HEAT ON NDSU & Ath Dept.

Email call send a pigeon.

Demand we want a season and pack the dome.

If people want to go, its their personal choice. If they don't, they are stay home and watch on tv or in tailgate lot.

its go time people, decisions are being made soon!!!

(and lets not argue about covid here, save that for other thread)

stevdock
07-06-2020, 07:42 PM
TIME TO PUT THE HEAT ON NDSU & Ath Dept.

Email call send a pigeon.

Demand we want a season and pack the dome.

If people want to go, its their personal choice. If they don't, they are stay home and watch on tv or in tailgate lot.

its go time people, decisions are being made soon!!!

(and lets not argue about covid here, save that for other thread)

Don't you think NDSU is going to do everything possible to have a season? The athletic department needs football to happen to be able to survive. I honestly don't think NDSU will have much of a say in this if things do get shut down. They will get over-ridden by NCAA, FCS, MVFC, etc. One vote is not going to go very far in those instances.

El_Chapo
07-06-2020, 07:48 PM
well. I just figured the more of us voice for it to happen, itll outweigh all the negative nellys (that probably werent going to go to games anyways)

Kevin
07-06-2020, 08:11 PM
well. I just figured the more of us voice for it to happen, itll outweigh all the negative nellys (that probably werent going to go to games anyways)

https://i.ibb.co/tKwxRFt/negnel.jpg

A negative Nelly.

Hammerhead
07-06-2020, 09:33 PM
NDSU announced that football and volleyball tickets are going electronic this fall.
https://gobison.com/news/2020/7/6/general-ndsu-athletics-announces-transition-to-mobile-tickets.aspx

GCWaters
07-07-2020, 02:06 AM
MCAC cancels football season:

http://www.kbmwam.com/2020/07/06/breaking-mcac-ndscs-cancel-2020-football-season/

Hammerhead
07-07-2020, 03:37 AM
What do you think about the idea of posting football until spring? It might be hard for some teams up north without indoor facilities to have winter camp before the season.

MCAC cancels football season:

http://www.kbmwam.com/2020/07/06/breaking-mcac-ndscs-cancel-2020-football-season/

HerdistheWord
07-07-2020, 03:40 AM
What do you think about the idea of posting football until spring? It might be hard for some teams up north without indoor facilities to have winter camp before the season.

Ivy league schools are apparently going to do this.

ndsubison1
07-07-2020, 03:57 AM

2 seasons even with limited games in one year is a tough sell. Maybe the Ivy could pull it off. but the virus could be worse when more ppl are inside.

Bisonator98
07-07-2020, 01:48 PM

I think it's the dumbest idea in a long time and that's saying something.

IndyBison
07-07-2020, 01:51 PM
Not a fan but I understand why they were considering it. They would be banking on a vaccine by then and the hope of recovering some of the lost revenue compared to just cancelling the season entirely.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SDbison
07-07-2020, 03:15 PM
What do you think about the idea of posting football until spring? It might be hard for some teams up north without indoor facilities to have winter camp before the season. Not workable in the Midwest.......snowiest part of year would be at the beginning of the season. And no way football would be able to start again in August.

totoinfl
07-07-2020, 03:57 PM
Not a fan but I understand why they were considering it. They would be banking on a vaccine by then and the hope of recovering since of the list revenue compared to just cancelling the season entirely.

I think you are right. I work with 3 MiLB teams. All have lost the entire season. They are doing everything they can to keep some of the 2020 revenue, even if it cannibalizes some of 2021. A number of institutions would have a struggle without the revenue from football for an entire year. I saw some astronomical number for Alabama if they just don't have fans in the stands...can't imagine what the number would be if there no games at all for the 20-21 season.

ndsubison1
07-07-2020, 06:02 PM
Harvard announced limited students on campus. Will that include football players? I guess we will find out tomorrow.

GreenfieldBison
07-07-2020, 06:20 PM
Harvard announced limited students on campus. Will that include football players? I guess we will find out tomorrow.

I don’t imagine Harvard or any of the other Ivies really need any football revenue so they are likely running a slightly different decision tree. I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammerhead
07-07-2020, 06:32 PM

On the news today they said only freshmen would be on campus and all classes would be online.

El_Chapo
07-07-2020, 08:12 PM
Keep the heat on the Athletic Dept. Make sure you guys are making contact!

Bisman
07-07-2020, 11:34 PM
Coach Blazek is interviewed on the Brakedown: https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/aj-blazek-on-the-brakedown-july-7th

80ALUM
07-08-2020, 02:36 AM
On the news today they said only freshmen would be on campus and all classes would be online.

Freshman and juniors on campus in the fall. Sophmores and seniors in the spring.

El_Chapo
07-08-2020, 03:24 PM
anyone hear of a July 8 NDSU football announcement? I've had 3 people ask me. hmm

No_Skill
07-08-2020, 04:17 PM
The wife told me Mr. Dempsey posted something on his Twitter about a press conference today. Only rumors.

Buffalo.Rider
07-08-2020, 04:48 PM
On football this coming fall, and having butts in seats at the games in Fargo ...

I like the approach of the governor of South Dakota, who articulated her approach better than any governor I listened to. She said this, basically to the people of South Dakota: "I want the citizens of this state to keep their liberties rather than have the government restrict what you are otherwise free to do. However, if you want to keep these liberties than act responsibly (by being considerate of others), and take time to learn about the virus because this will help you understand what safety measures are appropriate for your situation."

The virus and death rates in SD are lower than in most lockdown states. The evidence says her approach has merit. This IMO would be the best approach for NDSU regarding sports and classes this fall term. I don't believe NDSU has to be a nanny. (And is NDSU doing all it can to return to normalcy? Of course it isn't.)

Bisman
07-08-2020, 04:51 PM
The College Football of America 2020 Yearbook (with Trey Lance on the cover) is available at Amazon.

Bisonator98
07-08-2020, 04:59 PM
The College Football of America 2020 Yearbook (with Trey Lance on the cover) is available at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578724197/ref=sr_1_1?crid=113XB7O2L0G4F&dchild=1&keywords=college+football+america+2020&qid=1594168649&sprefix=College+Football+Amer,aps,161&sr=8-1

Why aren't you using smile and supporting Teammakers?;)

bisoneer
07-08-2020, 05:24 PM
I want football this fall! I am willing/planning to wear a mask for the whole game. I have these questions: Will there be a reduced seating plan for our home games? If so, are there going to be refunds to us season ticket holders that have low points? Don't want to ask these questions really but time is getting short and need to start putting games on my calendar.

Bisonator98
07-08-2020, 07:23 PM
anyone hear of a July 8 NDSU football announcement? I've had 3 people ask me. hmm

The wife told me Mr. Dempsey posted something on his Twitter about a press conference today. Only rumors.

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/393/220/8220393.png

No_Skill
07-08-2020, 08:17 PM
Ivy League fall sports cancelled. Many suspect that is the first big domino to fall.

NDSU1980
07-08-2020, 08:44 PM
Why aren't you using smile and supporting Teammakers?;)

^^^^This. Use smileamazon when you order. Every cent counts.

MinotBison
07-08-2020, 09:38 PM
Ivy League fall sports cancelled. Many suspect that is the first big domino to fall.

:eeek: :( :paperbag:

marenlee
07-08-2020, 10:09 PM
Link. Because I don't see it. Just 2019.

No_Skill
07-08-2020, 10:51 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ivy-league-scraps-college-football-and-fall-sports-for-2020-will-evaluate-feasibility-of-playing-in-spring/amp/

El_Chapo
07-08-2020, 11:46 PM
who cares about the ivys. put them in D2

bisonaudit
07-08-2020, 11:58 PM
On football this coming fall, and having butts in seats at the games in Fargo ...

I like the approach of the governor of South Dakota, who articulated her approach better than any governor I listened to. She said this, basically to the people of South Dakota: "I want the citizens of this state to keep their liberties rather than have the government restrict what you are otherwise free to do. However, if you want to keep these liberties than act responsibly (by being considerate of others), and take time to learn about the virus because this will help you understand what safety measures are appropriate for your situation."

The virus and death rates in SD are lower than in most lockdown states. The evidence says her approach has merit. This IMO would be the best approach for NDSU regarding sports and classes this fall term. I don't believe NDSU has to be a nanny. (And is NDSU doing all it can to return to normalcy? Of course it isn't.)

South Dakota, like just about everywhere, is a disaster waiting to happen. Number of cases not falling, to many people are getting it, not enough testing capacity, positive rate to high, and not enough icu capacity.

bisonaudit
07-08-2020, 11:59 PM
who cares about the ivys. put them in D2

They matter because revenue generation is barely a concern for them so they’re free to do what’s best for their students and employees.

Bison bison
07-09-2020, 12:52 AM
Elite Bastards.

Hammerhead
07-09-2020, 03:30 AM
The Ivy League is not starting any winter sports before January
according to a story just on WDAY.

Rock
07-09-2020, 04:03 AM
AC/DC to West Lot.

bisonaudit
07-09-2020, 04:58 AM
I disagree. Cases are greatly increasing with testing.

Imagine a virus so deadly, you need to test for it to know you even have it...

There are other threads for your genius now.

Buffalo.Rider seams to have had the same issue, maybe they aren’t subscribed to those threads either?

natstar1
07-09-2020, 06:50 AM
I disagree. Cases are greatly increasing with testing.

Testing has gone down the past 5-6 weeks and their positive case rate is also increasing.

Imagine a virus so deadly, you need to test for it to know you even have it...
HIV

Buffalo.Rider
07-09-2020, 01:28 PM
South Dakota, like just about everywhere, is a disaster waiting to happen. Number of cases not falling, to many people are getting it, not enough testing capacity, positive rate to high, and not enough icu capacity.

"a disaster waiting to happen" ? Yes, the sky is falling too.

"too many" "not enough" "too high" "not enough" You are entitled to your opinion, but you provide no metric. What is too much or not enough?

Here is a metric that is measurable: If people are dying from the virus because they can't get medical attention, then there is a problem. I might add, if people are dying because they should go to the hospital for something else, but they won't because of fear-mongering about COVID-19, this is just as big a problem. However, in no place in the US are people dying from the virus b/c of insufficient hospital capacity. As for it inevitably coming as you seem to assert - the data doesn't support this.

We are getting off topic here, but should NDSU open up this fall including football (and other sports)? I say yes.
In an irresponsible way? No.

tony
07-09-2020, 01:36 PM
I really don't think that the Oregon game is going to happen.

totoinfl
07-09-2020, 02:02 PM
I really don't think that the Oregon game is going to happen.

Unfortunately, I agree with you.

natstar1
07-09-2020, 02:32 PM
Pamela Maldonado
@pamelam35
New CFB props (via BetOnline)

• First FBS conference to cancel fall football
Pac-12: +150
Big 12: +250
ACC: +300
Big Ten: +400
SEC: +500

• Will any FBS game be cancelled/postponed
Yes -500
No +300

• Will FBS season be postponed until 2021 spring
No -120
Yes -120

@OddsShark

El_Chapo
07-09-2020, 06:35 PM
unfortunately, i agree with you.

stopppppppppppppppppp it!!

natstar1
07-09-2020, 07:10 PM
Nicole Auerbach
The Big Ten is expected to announce today that it will go with a conference-only football schedule for this fall, a person with direct knowledge situation tells
@TheAthleticCFB

JohnnyExtacy
07-09-2020, 07:32 PM

"too many" "not enough" "too high" "not enough" You are entitled to your opinion, but you provide no metric. What is too much or not enough?

Here is a metric that is measurable: If people are dying from the virus because they can't get medical attention, then there is a problem. I might add, if people are dying because they should go to the hospital for something else, but they won't because of fear-mongering about COVID-19, this is just as big a problem. However, in no place in the US are people dying from the virus b/c of insufficient hospital capacity. As for it inevitably coming as you seem to assert - the data doesn't support this.

We are getting off topic here, but should NDSU open up this fall including football (and other sports)? I say yes.

I am thinking the decision will be made for NDSU on no football by outside entities (other schools, conference, NCAA, etc....) This is very similar to the spring where every day it starts to look more and more like football will be cancelled entirely.

WhoRepsTheLurker
07-09-2020, 07:44 PM
Nicole Auerbach
The Big Ten is expected to announce today that it will go with a conference-only football schedule for this fall, a person with direct knowledge situation tells
@TheAthleticCFB

Yep

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29435295/source-big-ten-moving-conference-only-model-all-sports-fall

Here it comes folks. Guessing you can forget about the Ducks. Let's hope this is where it stops. And to think we had this thing on the ropes but just got a little too complacent ... Oh well

Pretty much sucks at this point and I'll be overjoyed for just a conference slate. Holding out hope for that. If not, slap together some "unofficial" scrimmages with willing conference mates and put it on pay per view?

Hammerhead
07-09-2020, 08:12 PM
Nicole Auerbach
@TheAthleticCFB

I canceled my vacation days around the Oregon game a couple of weeks ago since we didn't even want to make the trip if the game was played. :(

No_Skill
07-09-2020, 08:40 PM
Dominos...

ndsubison1
07-09-2020, 08:52 PM
Its going to be a shitty season. I could see random games being cancelled throughout the season, random players are going to miss games. Random teams may end up cancelling their seasons in the middle? A lot of unknowns. I dont think keeping players/students at home is going to solve anything.

tony
07-09-2020, 08:53 PM
Dominos...

Yeah, I thought we'd have this thing licked by fall but it doesn't look like it'll happen now.

But how about this scenario? The USA pulls out a COVID-19 miracle out of its ass in time for us to get a season but, oh no, now Notre Dame already has a bunch of empty spots in its schedule and NDSU has a matching open date.... a match made in football heaven!

I'm guessing the odds of that happening are 3,720 to 1 but, hey, gotta have hope.

Grizzled
07-09-2020, 08:54 PM
Not to be negative for fans but a winner in this is Trey Lance. Can’t have a much better season than last. Stays in the first round discussion and will perform well in individual tests.

gabisonfan
07-09-2020, 11:05 PM
Not to be negative for fans but a winner in this is Trey Lance. Can’t have a much better season than last. Stays in the first round discussion and will perform well in individual tests.

Time will tell. NFL will decide if he is ready. Hopefully he will have an opportunity to prove his status. Maybe some semblance of sanity will return before September, however don't hold your breath.

JSUBison
07-09-2020, 11:15 PM
I don't think it will stop with just canceling OOC games, the whole season is toast across the board. But in the off chance it isn't, maybe football just cancels the OOC games. The MVFC can replace those lost games with other conference teams. NDSU don't play Western or Southern this year, and the third opening can be another bye.

scottietohottie
07-09-2020, 11:18 PM
Em toast. I love toast!!!

bisonaudit
07-09-2020, 11:25 PM

They should see a two-week drop in coronavirus cases, indicating that the virus is actually abating. They should have fewer than four daily new cases per 100,000 people per day — to show that cases aren’t just dropping, but also below dangerous levels. They need at least 150 new tests per 100,000 people per day, letting them quickly track and contain outbreaks. They need an overall positive rate for tests below 5 percent — another critical indicator for testing capacity. And states should have at least 40 percent of their ICU beds free to actually treat an influx of people stricken with Covid-19 should it be necessary.

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/28/21270515/coronavirus-covid-reopen-economy-social-distancing-states-map-data

If people are dying from the virus because they can’t get medical attention, then you are way, way past the problem point.

In Arizona it’s happening right now. Out of ICU beds in some municipalities.

I didn’t say inevitable. Just because they aren’t adequately prepared doesn’t mean they can’t get lucky.

natstar1
07-09-2020, 11:32 PM
I don't think it will stop with just canceling OOC games, the whole season is toast across the board. But in the off chance it isn't, maybe football just cancels the OOC games. The MVFC can replace those lost games with other conference teams. NDSU don't play Western or Southern this year, and the third opening can be another bye.

I agree. In a month when fall sports are done, we'll be thinking, "remember when we were mad we lost the Oregon game?"

MNLonghorn10
07-10-2020, 01:41 AM
I’m at about .5% there’s college football this fall. Might have to focus this fall on virus containment and try for a conference only season starting in Feb—April. At that time we could have half stadiums of every state seems to have control.

Bisonwinagn
07-10-2020, 02:02 AM
Everything will be gone Nov 4th.

WeAreThePride
07-10-2020, 02:13 AM
A man's got to know when to bend the knee.

SDbison
07-10-2020, 04:06 AM
FFS, keep this shit out of the football forum. We're getting tired of the drivel from both you and whatever other poster happened to trigger you on any given day. No response

tony
07-10-2020, 02:06 PM
Why shouldn't I ban the lot of you? Or restrict all of you to just the political forum?

buffalo.rider? bisonaudit? WeAreThePride? SDBison? I miss chubs? (and there are probably more.)

Time to take some responsibility and delete your posts.

tony
07-10-2020, 02:15 PM
OK. I believe this is what I've done: If you are on the list in post #175, you can now see the Political Board. You can still see the football forum too, but you can't post threads, reply to threads, or edit threads until you delete the posts in question (which I believe that you still have permission to do.)

That's the theory anyway, as roadwarrior can attest, it took me about 7 tries to get the political board thing to work so maybe instead of restricting your Football privileges, I've changed your default language to Czech and given you access to the "Dirty Limericks" board.

Listen, I hate you all equally so please don't feel singled out. And, please, let's treat each other with a minimum amount of respect, except TAB. Heck, I'll even give it a try. I will be fucking sugar and spice if it helps.

Kevin
07-10-2020, 02:28 PM
testing something.

OK. I believe this is what I've done: If you are on the list in post #175, you can now see the Political Board. You can still see the football forum too, but you can't post threads, reply to threads, or edit threads until you delete the posts in question (which I believe that you still have permission to do.)

That's the theory anyway, as roadwarrior can attest, it took me about 7 tries to get the political board thing to work so maybe instead of restricting your Football privileges, I've instead changed your default language to Czech and given you access to the "Dirty Limericks" board.

Listen, I hate you all equally so please don't feel singled out. And, please, let's treat each other with a minimum amount of respect. Heck, I'll even give it a try. I will be fucking sugar and spice if it helps.

I read this post 3 times and I still have no idea what it says.

edit: i drank some coffee and read the post above it and i now understand 73% of the post.

Kevin
07-10-2020, 02:30 PM
Unpopular opinion: It's time to cancel football for 2020.

Why should a kid burn a year of eligibility to play in a gimped season with no real championship?

And if you're not going to take a year off the guys playing then the asterisk you have to put next to the season is even bigger than it was off the fact that it's a conference only season.

That might be fine for teams whose highest aspirations are a conference championship but it would be a waste of our talent and potential. Just not worth the risk.

Sorry Lakes. All or nothing.

admin
07-10-2020, 02:34 PM
I read this post 3 times and I still have no idea what it says.

buffalo.rider, bisonaudit, WeAreThePride, SDBison, and "I miss chubs" no longer (in theory) have the ability to post on the Football forum.

Once they delete the offending posts from this thread, I'll restore their Football-forum posting privileges.

Kevin
07-10-2020, 02:42 PM
buffalo.rider, bisonaudit, WeAreThePride, SDBison, and "I miss chubs" no longer (in theory) have the ability to post on the Football forum.

Once they delete the offending posts from this thread, I'll restore their Football-forum posting privileges.

Daaaamn T, I thought you was an anti-fascist!

Don't do my boy chubs like that it's not his fault he's got deficiencies.

SDBison tho, lol.

El_Chapo
07-10-2020, 03:13 PM
Daaaamn T, I thought you was an anti-fascist!

Don't do my boy chubs like that it's not his fault he's got deficiencies.

SDBison tho, lol.

Grabbing Popcorn... since I'm not involved!! Hallelujah!!!

I BELIEVE this will blow up in the colleges faces and they will change their tunes and we will have conference play only (which sucks!)

MNBison84
07-10-2020, 03:20 PM
There has been some talk of moving college football to the spring if that were to occur what impact might that have on NDSU's roster. Do you think any of our projected draft picks would sit the season out to prepare for the draft as I think it's unlikely the NFL would push back the draft to accommodate a college football season.

Hopefully this doesn't occur but I've heard many schools bring up this concern.

Kevin
07-10-2020, 03:24 PM
There has been some talk of moving college football to the spring if that were to occur what impact might that have on NDSU's roster. Do you think any of our projected draft picks would sit the season out to prepare for the draft as I think it's unlikely the NFL would push back the draft to accommodate a college football season.

As much as it absolutely kills me to say it I think that's a bad idea as well. Football as normal (maybe with little or no fans even?) or no football.

It's the only fair route for the athletes.

NDSU92
07-10-2020, 03:50 PM

If the season got moved to spring, I would be willing to bet my life savings the draft would be moved back.

MNBison84
07-10-2020, 04:12 PM
If the season got moved to spring, I would be willing to bet my life savings the draft would be moved back.

Why would it though if the NFL was planning on starting the 2021 season as scheduled in September. If they pushed back the draft significantly it would delay minicamps, training camps, potentially cause issues with free agency as more players would delay signing until after the draft. I feel the NFL would be much more concerned with maintaining their schedule rather than accommodating to College Football. I think the main reason that the draft could get delayed is if this years NFL season gets pushed back significantly. If you use the NBA as an example that's really the main reason they delayed their draft. Hopefully it's a scenario that doesn't have to take place.

CalBison97
07-10-2020, 08:19 PM
There isn’t a projected first or second round pick that would risk playing CFB in the spring. No way Trevor Lawrence and the like take that chance.

natstar1
07-10-2020, 10:28 PM

I'm sure I won't be able to find it, but I read a tweet that the NFL would have no intention of moving their draft if the CFB season got moved to the spring.

natstar1
07-10-2020, 10:30 PM

That's the theory anyway, as roadwarrior can attest, it took me about 7 tries to get the political board thing to work so maybe instead of restricting your Football privileges, I've changed your default language to Czech and given you access to the "Dirty Limericks" board.

Listen, I hate you all equally so please don't feel singled out. And, please, let's treat each other with a minimum amount of respect, except TAB. Heck, I'll even give it a try. I will be fucking sugar and spice if it helps.

Where is this political board? do you need permission to see it?

edit: can I get added?

CalBison97
07-10-2020, 10:56 PM
And it’s official:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200710/78b81b649cc23b385c2ac3598577e977.jpg

YOUVEBEENTHUNDERSTRUCK
07-10-2020, 11:22 PM
Ndsu vs bama 9/5

Hammerhead
07-11-2020, 02:06 AM
Ndsu vs bama 9/5

Only if the game is in Fargo.

Alabama breaks COVID-19 hospitalization record for sixth straight day

https://www.wsfa.com/2020/07/10/alabama-nears-k-confirmed-covid-cases/

tony
07-11-2020, 04:06 PM
OK, this sucks. I have NEVER looked forward to seeing the offense as this season because it had the potential to be the most explosive offense in NDSU history even though we lost some all-time great players.

Yeah, we are small at RB but they all run exceptionally hard. WRs are awesome (Watson, Sproles, Braylon Henderson, Zach Matthis - and that's not all!). Trey is Treymendous. TE (Babicz and Gindorff). And, of course, the Rams have 4 of 5 coming back and I trust that Coach Blazek can put an awesome two-deep together.

I'd have been surprised if NDSU did not set a school record for ppg - especially if the defense gives up more points than usual so that the offense has to keep on the gas later than in most seasons.

BAH.

Kevin
07-11-2020, 04:28 PM
We would have beaten Oregon.

I would have made a lot of money.

Abandon all hope.

tony
07-11-2020, 05:32 PM
We would have beaten Oregon.

I would have made a lot of money.

Abandon all hope.

Dum spiro, spero.

El_Chapo
07-12-2020, 04:37 PM
How do we keep the pressure on NDSU to have their season?

Dean and Matt ?

or are efforts better served at Patty V and MVFC ??

roadwarrior
07-12-2020, 05:34 PM
Season is toast. See you in Sept 2021

El_Chapo
07-12-2020, 06:12 PM
I won't be deterred....

pattyV@mvc.org. everyone drop my girl a line...

Da Bison
07-12-2020, 06:38 PM
Roadwarrior has spoken!
See you in 2021.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

heffray
07-12-2020, 11:53 PM
Roadwarrior has spoken!
See you in 2021.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Where the hell am I gonna get my shotski fix between now and then?

ndsubison1
07-13-2020, 02:03 AM
It will be very depressing if we dont have a game this season

IndyBison
07-13-2020, 02:16 AM
How do we keep the pressure on NDSU to have their season?

Dean and Matt ?

or are efforts better served at Patty V and MVFC ??This won't be a school decision. It will be a conference or NCAA decision. I really hope there is football but I think ultimately the pressure will be to great for decision makers to risk the health of everyone involved. It's one thing for youth basketball and baseball tournaments to exist because they are under the radar. We had 7000 middle school and high school basketball players in Indy this week. High school and college athletics are much more visible. FBS football may happen because they can isolate better and treat everyone involved weekly. I hope I'm wrong.

scottietohottie
07-13-2020, 02:37 AM
It will be very depressing if we dont have a game this season

I'm already blue about it.

El_Chapo
07-13-2020, 02:49 AM
I won't be deterred....

pattyV@mvc.org. everyone drop my girl a line...

She wrote back. Everyone please email monday or 2nite.

It was a simple reply. Thanks for your passion, we appreciate NDSU's fanbase..

DePereBisonFan
07-13-2020, 02:52 AM
Season is toast. See you in Sept 2021

If only el chapo had posted this instead of you...

NDSU92
07-13-2020, 03:07 AM
This won't be a school decision. It will be a conference or NCAA decision. I really hope there is football but I think ultimately the pressure will be to great for decision makers to risk the health of everyone involved. It's one thing for youth basketball and baseball tournaments to exist because they are under the radar. We had 7000 middle school and high school basketball players in Indy this week. High school and college athletics are much more visible. FBS football may happen because they can isolate better and treat everyone involved weekly. I hope I'm wrong.

Wait, that’s a good point. Who cares if everyone else cancels their seasons? Now that the Oregon game is gone, we might as well split our team in two and have 11 spring games. That would be WAY more watchable than our games against Misery State, Indy State, etc. Most schools get no football, we get DOUBLE.

Split it into green team vs. gold team. Put it on TV. Tell people to pick a side, sell t shirts, yard signs, flags, etc. for each side. I would honestly rather watch that than another MVFC romp.

56BISON73
07-13-2020, 03:21 AM
She wrote back. Everyone please email monday or 2nite.

It was a simple reply. Thanks for your passion, we appreciate NDSU's fanbase..

Player safety not fan enthusiasm or requests will be the determining factor.

El_Chapo
07-13-2020, 03:31 AM
Player safety not fan enthusiasm or requests will be the determining factor.

yea that 18-22 year old age group dropping like flies.

Bisonator98
07-13-2020, 01:45 PM
Wait, that’s a good point. Who cares if everyone else cancels their seasons? Now that the Oregon game is gone, we might as well split our team in two and have 11 spring games. That would be WAY more watchable than our games against Misery State, Indy State, etc. Most schools get no football, we get DOUBLE.

Split it into green team vs. gold team. Put it on TV. Tell people to pick a side, sell t shirts, yard signs, flags, etc. for each side. I would honestly rather watch that than another MVFC romp.

I like this idea. Trey vs Zeb. Maybe we can get 2 QB's drafted in the same year!:biggrin:

bison22
07-13-2020, 06:24 PM
Pioneer League cancelled all Fall sports. So no Drake game now either.

No_Skill
07-13-2020, 06:30 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RealisticSleepyBellsnake-size_restricted.gif

El_Chapo
07-13-2020, 06:44 PM
sweet. another slot for another FBS game

Lets get some dam BALLS and grab 2 more FBS games. F it.

TAILG8R
07-13-2020, 07:05 PM
Pioneer League cancelled all Fall sports. So no Drake game now either.

I see the Patriot league cancelled. Did the Pioneer league cancel fall sports too?

El_Chapo
07-13-2020, 07:16 PM
I see the Patriot league cancelled. Did the Pioneer league cancel fall sports too?

coming soon. big time rumor. Plus Dayton/SEMO already cancelled their game last week.

ps- Oh sh.t isn't Patty V the commissioner of that league too?? that doesn't bode well for MVFC

totoinfl
07-13-2020, 08:01 PM

https://sports.yahoo.com/time-to-face-reality-no-one-is-playing-college-football-in-the-fall-170634809.html

If you believe this article...start commenting on the BB thread...football is done.

TAILG8R
07-13-2020, 08:05 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/time-to-face-reality-no-one-is-playing-college-football-in-the-fall-170634809.html

If you believe this article...start commenting on the BB thread...football is done.One bright spot is it would give teammakers and Fargodome officials an entire year off to figure out how to get tailgaters into the lot more efficiently.

Bison Dan
07-13-2020, 08:43 PM
One bright spot is it would give teammakers and Fargodome officials an entire year off to figure out how to get tailgaters into the lot more efficiently.

I don't have a problem getting in efficiently and quickly- Must be you.

TransAmBison
07-13-2020, 08:48 PM
I don't have a problem getting in efficiently and quickly- Must be you.Well great...glad somebody is getting in efficiently and quickly. Must be just you. If you think the current set up is quick and efficient, there isn't much hope for you.

ByeSonBusiness
07-13-2020, 08:51 PM
sweet. another slot for another FBS game

Lets get some dam BALLS and grab 2 more FBS games. F it.

FBS is going to end up playing conference* schedules if they play at all.

*ACC has apparently told Notre Dame that they will get them more ACC games in that event.

Bison Dan
07-13-2020, 08:59 PM
Well great...glad somebody is getting in efficiently and quickly. Must be just you. If you think the current set up is quick and efficient, there isn't much hope for you.

Well hell you must have an answer what is it?

scottietohottie
07-13-2020, 10:27 PM

*ACC has apparently told Notre Dame that they will get them more ACC games in that event.

And there you go. The problem with the fbs. Making exceptions for the good old boys club.

Get on the phone Matt and get us in the big 12!

El_Chapo
07-13-2020, 10:50 PM

independent teams???

TransAmBison
07-14-2020, 12:41 AM
Well hell you must have an answer what is it?How about more than one entrance point? That was easy. Give me another.

IzzyFlexion
07-14-2020, 01:31 AM
How about More Than One Entrance Point? That was easy. Give me another.

Great film.......Terrible Craft Services provider.

SDbison
07-14-2020, 01:57 PM
Ndsu vs bama 9/5 Yes, this needs to happen!

SDbison
07-14-2020, 02:14 PM
Well hell you must have an answer what is it? Let tailgaters come in from 19th Ave. A line taking up one lane on 19th Ave North from 7:30 to 9:30 am on several Saturdays in the fall should be no big deal. Personally I don't believe the city stopped it, more likely the anti alcohol crowd didn't like a quick entrance that allowed beverages to be consumed 15 to 20 minutes more in the reserved lots. Now, if you are at the end of the lines in the morning it takes all of the extra 30 minutes to get to your space.

totoinfl
07-14-2020, 02:50 PM
independent teams???

Army or Idaho?

Hammerhead
07-14-2020, 08:42 PM
The Bison will be lucky if they can schedule MSUM or Concordia. I'm not sure what I'll do with my Saturdays this fall. :(

OrygunBison
07-14-2020, 11:01 PM
The Bison will be lucky if they can schedule MSUM or Concordia. I'm not sure what I'll do with my Saturdays this fall. :(

I'm going to need to start a new home improvement project. This will thrill my family as it tends to suck them all in.

SafeTeeJ
07-14-2020, 11:02 PM
independent teams???

Season is over before it starts.

tony
07-15-2020, 03:13 PM
Let tailgaters come in from 19th Ave. A line taking up one lane on 19th Ave North from 7:30 to 9:30 am on several Saturdays in the fall should be no big deal. Personally I don't believe the city stopped it, more likely the anti alcohol crowd didn't like a quick entrance that allowed beverages to be consumed 15 to 20 minutes more in the reserved lots. Now, if you are at the end of the lines in the morning it takes all of the extra 30 minutes to get to your space.

Let the reserved spots set up the night before.

FrozenTech
07-15-2020, 03:27 PM

Let *everyone* set up the night before.

It's not like the line for the non-reserved as small as it is now isn't a running party of white hairs every Friday before a home game anyway. Let em do it in the lot.

WhoRepsTheLurker
07-15-2020, 03:49 PM
Potential worst-case scenario? All the resident EPIs can shoot it down.

Season gets cancelled with no spring "make-up" season (but who really knows at this point). Fall season becomes extended "spring-ball" with 6-8 intra-squad scrimmages. Best-on-best for most of 2 quarters and then test the depth. I’d pay to watch that on TV. Get something useful on tape for the draft prospects (Bison best-on-best, after all), support the program, and keep the annual rhythm intact.

The only snag I can see is too many people in one place for a pandemic, but seems if you’re testing it would be OK. If someone tests positive just shut it down for 2 weeks. It’s not like there’s a deadline looming or anything.

TAILG8R
07-15-2020, 04:33 PM

I would be happy if they simply had multiple lines in instead of having every reserved tailgater in one giant line even after quadrupling the number of reserved spaces.

StL Bison Fan
07-15-2020, 04:52 PM

Sure, do this and people will expect WiFi and other outrageously silly stuff.

ndsubison1
07-15-2020, 04:52 PM
Potential worst-case scenario? All the resident EPIs can shoot it down.

Season gets cancelled with no spring "make-up" season (but who really knows at this point). Fall season becomes extended "spring-ball" with 6-8 intra-squad scrimmages. Best-on-best for most of 2 quarters and then test the depth. I’d pay to watch that on TV. Get something useful on tape for the draft prospects (Bison best-on-best, after all), support the program, and keep the annual rhythm intact.

The only snag I can see is too many people in one place for a pandemic, but seems if you’re testing it would be OK. If someone tests positive just shut it down for 2 weeks. It’s not like there’s a deadline looming or anything.

8 game season, play every 2 weeks. Playoff system of 16, play every 2 weeks. Just a thought.

StL Bison Fan
07-15-2020, 04:54 PM
I would sit at home and watch on tv if it would get the guys their football season.
I also think March football with our dome and our away schedule is doable.
Sucks if you are a northern school with a outdoor stadium (you know who you are)

56BISON73
07-15-2020, 09:23 PM
From Michigan

https://i.imgur.com/rugwAgS.png

reformedUNDfan
07-15-2020, 09:48 PM
If it were up to me, presuming both the NFL and NCAA seasons are cancelled, which is almost inevitable, and that a vaccine is available by early winter (seems likely), I would:

1) Cancel the draft. If neither the NCAA or NFL plays there won't be turnover of players to be replaced in the NFL or the training and film for an adequate draft. Make up for it with additional rounds in 2022 and 2023. For contract purposes, there could be 11 rounds in 2022 and 10 in 2023, with contract schedules equivalent something like 1,1,2,3,3,4,5,5,6,7,7 in 2022 and 1,2,2,3,4,4,5,6,6,7 in 2023. Make up pro-days for players who were eligible in 2020. True seniors who have graduated can enter a supplemental draft.

2) Play the 2020 nonconference games after spring practice and finals in 2021, (lets say late May and June) and count them toward the 2021 season. All players get a free redshirt in 2020. Players who would have graduated after 2020 don't count toward scholarship limits in 2021. Teams can play up to 4 games in this spring season.

3) Summer break, followed by regular fall schedule.

4) 10 million dollar federal bailout for every scholarship level athletic department. This would come to about $6 billion. This and real summer ball gets urgently needed money into athletic departments

Gopher24
07-16-2020, 12:54 AM
FBS will allow two FCS wins for bowl eligibility in 2020. That should help you out if you want to add a FBS game this fall to replace Oregon.

EC8CH
07-16-2020, 01:09 AM
FBS will allow two FCS wins for bowl eligibility in 2020. That should help you out if you want to add a FBS game this fall to replace Oregon.

You got PJ's number?

Gopher24
07-16-2020, 01:19 AM
You got PJ's number?

No but that wouldn't help this year anyways since they canceled our non conference :(

Id love to play you guys again.

El_Chapo
07-16-2020, 01:00 PM
No but that wouldn't help this year anyways since they canceled our non conference :(

Id love to play you guys again.

regional games should happen you'd think if common sense would prevail

El_Chapo
07-16-2020, 03:48 PM
NO NC AT T game. pussies!!

Sources are telling me that the MEAC will be making an announcement to cancel all fall sports.
https://twitter.com/KennRashad/status/1283775322572435457?s=19

HerdistheWord
07-16-2020, 04:05 PM
We already lost the two games I was most excited for. Ugh!

heffray
07-16-2020, 04:13 PM
NO NC AT T game. pussies!!

Sources are telling me that the MEAC will be making an announcement to cancel all fall sports.
https://twitter.com/KennRashad/status/1283775322572435457?s=19

Didn't they move to the Big South?

El_Chapo
07-16-2020, 04:24 PM
Cmon NDSU ADMIN GET ON THE PHONE> GET US 3 NON CONFERENCE FBS GAMES.. LETS GO!!

Bisonator98
07-16-2020, 04:43 PM
Didn't they move to the Big South?

Next year.

mnriverbison
07-16-2020, 04:49 PM
Feels like it would be good for a lot of people's mental health to hope for a season this year but to expect there to not be one.

WhoRepsTheLurker
07-16-2020, 05:46 PM
Here is the P5 protocol

https://www.si.com/college/2020/07/16/power-5-conferences-covid-testing-college-football

Kevin
07-16-2020, 05:48 PM
I've upped my prediction of there being an NDSU football season from -2% to 0% after Greenfieldbison told me that the only thing that can go negative is Lakes bank account after learning how to use options.