View Full Version : 2020 ndsu football season

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

mnriverbison
07-28-2020, 02:59 PM
Opener at BYU or Oklahoma St
2nd week: vs Montana in Bismarck
3rd week: at Hawaii

Lets make this happen.

Would be the ultimate 2020 play for the Bison to play an away game at Hawaii that nobody can go to.

But man, how about we get them on the future schedule? The ultimate Bison away trip IMO

Kevin
07-28-2020, 03:01 PM
Would be the ultimate 2020 play for the Bison to play an away game at Hawaii that nobody can go to.

But man, how about we get them on the future schedule? The ultimate Bison away trip IMO

We'd have to crowdfund a small dingy and some oars for Road to keep the streak alive.

Also Lakes, why not Hawaii in Bismarck? That solves all of Road's problems.

BattleBorn
07-28-2020, 03:06 PM
if NCAA puss's out and cancels championships.

MVFC could play its 8 games and then have a MVFC Championship game at US Bank Stadium.

NDSU should find 2 more games in Sept for Non Conference, go Rogue and lets do something out of the ordinary

We could always ask the legislature to vote us 2020 National Champions, though I'm not sure how that would turn out.

Twincitybizon
07-28-2020, 05:57 PM

An entire cruise ship of ndsu fans assemble for the second invasion of Hawaii.

roadwarrior
07-28-2020, 06:10 PM
Not directly related to football, but the Summit League is going conference only competition for fall sports including volleyball and soccer.

mnriverbison
07-28-2020, 06:51 PM
Not directly related to football, but the Summit League is going conference only competition for fall sports including volleyball and soccer.

It really just kind of feels like there are leagues/teams whose audience primarily wants them to announce early and leagues/teams whose audience primarily wants them to wait and see but that we’re all getting the same news in the end. Sucks and I hope I’m wrong.

Da Bison
07-28-2020, 09:28 PM
don't be 5% of ndsu fans still living in 1987 and bringing them up all the time.

I wanna see FBS games, if this season is gonna be a clusterbleep, lets do something crazy.

Hell have an outdoor game again at Target field.

It was a joke............asshole!

NDSU92
07-29-2020, 12:31 AM
August NCAA meetings: Fall Championships postponed, possibility of spring championships. Due to this possibility NDSU postponed football to spring (along with pretty much all FCS, probably FBS)
October/November: Viable vaccine data, NCAA states they will host spring championships)
January 2021: Fall schedule moved to spring, Oregon game back on
May 2021: NDSU whoops ass in 90 degree heat in Frisco Texas.

My hopeful best case scenario for football before Fall 2021

AKBison
07-29-2020, 04:51 AM
August NCAA meetings: Fall Championships postponed, possibility of spring championships. Due to this possibility NDSU postponed football to spring (along with pretty much all FCS, probably FBS)
October/November: Viable vaccine data, NCAA states they will host spring championships)
January 2021: Fall schedule moved to spring, Oregon game back on
May 2021: NDSU whoops ass in 90 degree heat in Frisco Texas.

My hopeful best case scenario for football before Fall 2021

Never gonna happen. If football doesn't get played this fall then it's adios until fall 2021.

THEsocalledfan
07-29-2020, 05:48 PM
Never gonna happen. If football doesn't get played this fall then it's adios until fall 2021.

Yeah, i'm fascinated by why anyone believes this spring fantasy.

NDSUstudent
07-29-2020, 09:07 PM
Another FCS conference is out....NEC cancels fall sports...

Sources: The NEC will not have fall sports in 2020.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1288574814421213184

NDSUstudent
07-29-2020, 09:14 PM

At this point if we have fall football it will be conference only and that is being pretty optimistic.

NDSU92
07-29-2020, 10:41 PM
Yeah, i'm fascinated by why anyone believes this spring fantasy.

No more crazy than people thinking there will be a season this fall.

In a weird way I’m hoping AD’s are that desperate for money and student athletes are desperate to not lose a season of ball that everyone would get on board.

All being said, it’s a pipe dream. But it’s a pipe dream where NDSU vs. Oregon exists. And that’s why it matters to me

El_Chapo
07-30-2020, 02:31 AM
Dont know where to put this:

NDSU Dynasty... wow. https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2020-06-04/north-dakota-state-football-championships-complete-history

Bisonator98
07-30-2020, 12:33 PM
Dont know where to put this:

NDSU Dynasty... wow. https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2020-06-04/north-dakota-state-football-championships-complete-history

Oops didn't see this chapo but it deserves it's own thread anyway.:cheers:

El_Chapo
07-30-2020, 08:07 PM
whats this cloth mask crap.

just announce your playing a MVFC conference only schedule already

roadwarrior
07-30-2020, 09:29 PM
They could announce the conference games would be played.

That doesn't mean much. Games will get canceled at last minute. See MLB

TAILG8R
07-30-2020, 10:08 PM
So much for that Alabama - BYU game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

unbison
07-31-2020, 12:57 AM

Logic doesn’t apply in his world bud

AKBison
07-31-2020, 03:34 AM

I'm watching a MLB game right now so the season is still going on despite one club getting sick. I'd say that's a good thing.

southcliffbison
07-31-2020, 03:57 AM
I'm watching a MLB game right now so the season is still going on despite one club getting sick. I'd say that's a good thing.

So a team is unable to play because of a number of players testing positive...….. does the other team get a W for a forfeit ???

THEsocalledfan
07-31-2020, 11:47 AM
So a team is unable to play because of a number of players testing positive...….. does the other team get a W for a forfeit ???

My understanding is they plan on eventually going off winning percentage if games are unable to be made up.

MankatoBison
07-31-2020, 01:13 PM

The plan I heard on fox sports was that they will try and make the game up with double headers

MankatoBison
07-31-2020, 01:17 PM
No more crazy than people thinking there will be a season this fall.

In a weird way I’m hoping AD’s are that desperate for money and student athletes are desperate to not lose a season of ball that everyone would get on board.

All being said, it’s a pipe dream. But it’s a pipe dream where NDSU vs. Oregon exists. And that’s why it matters to me

This. I said from the beginning, that I will take any season option that includes us playing Oregon as my #1 preferred option. Holy shit I want that game to happen so badly

08-03-2020, 01:12 AM
World wide Covid 19 conspricy is the only way to keep Bison from winning another consecutive Championship.

El_Chapo
08-03-2020, 02:08 PM
Gonna punt 1 more week??

GCWaters
08-03-2020, 10:26 PM
Dome planning on starting at 75% capacity:

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/6600665-Fargodome-NDSU-close-to-finalizing-plan-on-what-Bison-football-games-will-look-like-this-fall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GCWaters
08-03-2020, 10:27 PM
Dome planning on starting at 75% capacity:

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/6600665-Fargodome-NDSU-close-to-finalizing-plan-on-what-Bison-football-games-will-look-like-this-fall

Oooops! Between 500 and 75%....sorry about that!

BisonEngrGirl
08-04-2020, 03:17 AM
Oooops! Between 500 and 75%....sorry about that!

It will be interesting to see how they handle season tickets with this plan. I would assume they’d have to re-seat a whole lot of people.

tony
08-04-2020, 11:11 AM
Medical folk out there - is there any PPE people can wear that will give them near-invulnerabilty to COVID-19?

Because whatever that is, that's what I want roadwarrior in.

Forced-air respirator maybe?

Mr Meaty
08-04-2020, 01:03 PM
Medical folk out there - is there any PPE people can wear that will give them near-invulnerabilty to COVID-19?

Road is the first one into the game that is for sure.

NDSUguy
08-04-2020, 01:06 PM

There is no invulnerability cheat code however a mask and face shield should be more than sufficient. COVID is VEEEERRRRRY difficult to catch via touching of surfaces. The only reliable way is via droplets or personal contact. As long as Roadwarrior is not hooking up with randoms along the way he should be fine.

SDbison
08-04-2020, 03:02 PM
It will be interesting to see how they handle season tickets with this plan. I would assume they’d have to re-seat a whole lot of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Assuming games happen with some sort of restricted attendance will full scale tailgating be allowed?

El_Chapo
08-04-2020, 03:48 PM
Assuming games happen with some sort of restricted attendance will full scale tailgating be allowed?

well its outside in the fresh air, so it should be allowed as usual and guess what ... THEY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO STAY AND PUT UP TVS AND HAVE 1 GIANT WATCH PARTY AT EACH PERSONS TAILGATE SPOT

Twincitybizon
08-04-2020, 03:50 PM

Very difficult to drink in a biohazard suit...... But not impossible.....

Hammerhead
08-04-2020, 04:57 PM

Not if your straw and pouch/flask fit inside the suit.

NDSUstudent
08-04-2020, 06:16 PM

A PAPR is what we use when we are in a covid room for a long period time, they are a lot better than N95 masks.

roadwarrior
08-04-2020, 06:30 PM
Minnesota high school football moved to spring 2021.

roadwarrior
08-04-2020, 06:34 PM
Idaho football player concerns:

https://www.si.com/college/2020/08/04/idaho-football-players-skip-season-coronavirus

NDSUSR
08-04-2020, 06:40 PM

Most have a water bottle pocket and tube inside the suit now. Not hard to drink, just hard to refill.

westnodak93bison
08-04-2020, 07:31 PM
Assuming games happen with some sort of restricted attendance will full scale tailgating be allowed?No way they will allow tailgating

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OrygunBison
08-04-2020, 07:41 PM
Idaho football player concerns:

https://www.si.com/college/2020/08/04/idaho-football-players-skip-season-coronavirus

In other news, Idaho sucks at football. Awesome place to go whitewater rafting, however.

mnriverbison
08-04-2020, 07:45 PM
No way they will allow tailgating

Man I hope they allow it. Everything we seem to be learning is that being outdoors is not really a way to transmit covid.

GreenfieldBison
08-04-2020, 07:46 PM
Most have a water bottle pocket and tube inside the suit now. Not hard to drink, just hard to refill.

And, uh, how does one exfil?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OrygunBison
08-04-2020, 07:47 PM
No way they will allow tailgating

Why not reduce the density just like the games? Perhaps they allow 25% of the density but open up a larger area? Perhaps they shut down part of 19th Ave for a few hours. In our area, we have urban districts that have a higher density of restaurants. In some of those areas, they've taken the parking lane in the street and provided seating nooks facing and open to the sidewalk. Since most of these areas are so walkable anyway, the lost parking is okay since the benefit to the businesses is so high. Everybody understands and is willing to deal with the extra hassle. Maybe something similar could be employed for tailgating. If not 19th, maybe elsewhere.

scottietohottie
08-04-2020, 07:53 PM
And, uh, how does one exfil?

It's like your inside a water bed dude. Won't be sitting towards the end of game. Unless you want a wet chin!

El_Chapo
08-04-2020, 08:09 PM
are they ANY real MEN out there anymore? Football being cancelled is the Soy'est Boy Move ever.

tjamz
08-04-2020, 08:47 PM
are they ANY real MEN out there anymore? Football being cancelled is the Soy'est Boy Move ever.

Real men would sign up to have their family voluntarily infected and tell us about their experience with it. I assume you'd be first in line? Right?

El_Chapo
08-04-2020, 09:26 PM
Real men would sign up to have their family voluntarily infected and tell us about their experience with it. I assume you'd be first in line? Right?

ill post in covid thread, id like to leave this football related.. and my comment was in reference to Idaho Football and MSHSL ..

westnodak93bison
08-04-2020, 09:45 PM
Why not reduce the density just like the games? Perhaps they allow 25% of the density but open up a larger area? Perhaps they shut down part of 19th Ave for a few hours. In our area, we have urban districts that have a higher density of restaurants. In some of those areas, they've taken the parking lane in the street and provided seating nooks facing and open to the sidewalk. Since most of these areas are so walkable anyway, the lost parking is okay since the benefit to the businesses is so high. Everybody understands and is willing to deal with the extra hassle. Maybe something similar could be employed for tailgating. If not 19th, maybe elsewhere.Why not resume as normal and let people make their own decisions? If vulnerable folks don't understand they should self isolate by now something is wrong.

RedRiver
08-04-2020, 09:45 PM
Big Ten Commissioner contacting 1 football and 1 non-football athlete to get their pulse about canceling the fall sports season!

Hammersmith
08-04-2020, 11:56 PM
No decisions announced after today's NCAA meeting. Possibly tomorrow.

Twincitybizon
08-04-2020, 11:57 PM
Sounds like no decisions made at today's NCAA meeting. Discussions continuing tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/BrianMacWriter/status/1290770519286059014?s=19

El_Chapo
08-05-2020, 12:52 AM
They have to give us fcs playoffs tomorrow!!!

UncleBuck
08-05-2020, 02:37 AM

If any fanbase can rock hazmat suits , , , it would be the Bison.

El_Chapo
08-05-2020, 03:01 AM
1 Last Ditch Effort to save FCS Playoffs: Email THESE 3 FCS committee members RIGHT NOW 2NITE!
M Grace Calhoun U Penn athdir@upenn.edu
David Wilson Morgan St david.wilson@morgan.edu
Philip Oldham Tenn Vol poldham@tntech.edu
Rita Cheng NAU president@nau.edu
W Taylor Reveley Longwood reveleywt@longwood.edu
Ronald Machtley Bryant.. You can't email him cuz he retired last month. (you can't make this up) Be Respectful and Urge these 2 to vote FOR FCS Playoffs.

Ronald Machtley made $6 MILLION last year bahaha... why is he on the freaking committee if he retired??

HerdBot
08-05-2020, 03:33 AM
If they cancel the Championships, what's stopping the FCS from doing their own bowl system this year? I guarantee t hr top teams would sign up. Ndsu, jmu, montana, etc

El_Chapo
08-05-2020, 03:47 AM
Patty V checks in with a reply:

HAVE THE 2020 SEASON PLEASE
Patty Viverito <pattyv@mvc.org>
Sun 8/2/2020 3:17 PM

You know you’re preaching to the choir, right? :)
Patty

MankatoBison
08-05-2020, 01:14 PM
1 Last Ditch Effort to save FCS Playoffs: Email THESE 3 FCS committee members RIGHT NOW 2NITE!
M Grace Calhoun U Penn athdir@upenn.edu
David Wilson Morgan St david.wilson@morgan.edu
Philip Oldham Tenn Vol poldham@tntech.edu
Rita Cheng NAU president@nau.edu
W Taylor Reveley Longwood reveleywt@longwood.edu
Ronald Machtley Bryant.. You can't email him cuz he retired last month. (you can't make this up) Be Respectful and Urge these 2 to vote FOR FCS Playoffs.

Ronald Machtley made $6 MILLION last year bahaha... why is he on the freaking committee if he retired??

Just sent an eamil to all, haha it cant hurt..... right?

thundarsdaddy
08-05-2020, 02:04 PM
Why not resume as normal and let people make their own decisions? If vulnerable folks don't understand they should self isolate by now something is wrong.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk As someone who is high risk...I totally agree. I once had a chemo treatment on a Thursday at Mayo clinic...then travelled to Iowa State two days later to watch the Wentz led Bison overcome a 2 touchdown deficit to win. I was at higher risk then.

ndsubison1
08-05-2020, 02:26 PM
It appears theyre letting it up to each Division.

El_Chapo
08-05-2020, 02:37 PM
It appears theyre letting it up to each Division.

yes. thats why it was important to send the emails.. lets hope these guys let FCS go for it!!

ndsubison1
08-05-2020, 02:41 PM
BYU makes sense. Lost all of September. Only room for 1 more FCS though on their schedule. Big 12 is allowing 1 Non-Con.

MankatoBison
08-05-2020, 02:59 PM
Patty V responded- she is a class act:

"MVFC remains committed to that plan. We’ll keep moving forward with the fall season until someone else makes that impossible.
Stay positive, test negative.
Patty
Sent from my iPad"

El_Chapo
08-05-2020, 03:46 PM
haha YES!

NCAA sends an email to college leaders today saying fall championships will be decided no later than Aug. 21. Phone line will be established to allow "athletes, parents or others" to report alleged COVID failures on campuses.

El_Chapo
08-05-2020, 04:15 PM
sadly.its a POISON PILL.... the 50% threshold for members playing to have championships is the cop out for these committee members to not have to make a decision

TAILG8R
08-05-2020, 04:18 PM
EKU kicker leaves team, says coach and staff don't care about player safety (https://www.wkyt.com/2020/08/05/eku-kicker-quits-says-coaches-arent-keeping-players-safe-from-covid-19/)

Kevin
08-05-2020, 04:23 PM
EKU kicker leaves team, says coach and staff don't care about player safety (https://www.wkyt.com/2020/08/05/eku-kicker-quits-says-coaches-arent-keeping-players-safe-from-covid-19/)

"I'm out at my third Pro Bowl, I'm about to go in and throw a touchdown to Jerry Rice, we're honoring the Hall of Fame, and we're talking about our idiot kicker who got liquored up and ran his mouth off. ... He's a good kicker. But he's an idiot." Is the only proper response to anything pertaining to a kicker's opinion.

NDSUSR
08-05-2020, 04:26 PM

Sounds like he was looking for a way out.

"My last day is finally here."

westnodak93bison
08-05-2020, 05:07 PM
UConn cancels football season amid pandemic fears: 'An unacceptable level of risk'

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/uconn-cancels-football-season-amid-pandemic-fears

El_Chapo
08-05-2020, 05:09 PM
111 fcs teams need 56 teams.

if Pioneer bails, we down to 58 haha. (but does JMU count? )

Play Football in Fall Period in my opinion... if you can make it work... if there is no NCAA Championships, big deal, just have a Bowl Series!

TAILG8R
08-05-2020, 05:19 PM

Play Football in Fall Period in my opinion... if you can make it work... if there is no NCAA Championships, big deal, just have a Bowl Series!

I don't think it's teams, it's conferences. And do the conferences that do not participate in the playoffs count in that 50%????

AKBison
08-05-2020, 05:20 PM

Exactly this. If at all possible get the season in and if things haven't gotten better by the end of November then either hold the championship game in Frisco with the top two teams or just call it good and let the media vote for a champion.

TAILG8R
08-05-2020, 05:44 PM
I don't think it's teams, it's conferences. And do the conferences that do not participate in the playoffs count in that 50%????

Yes I am quoting myself. So I read a little closer and realize it is TEAMS. "If 50% or more of eligible teams in a particular sport in a division cancel their fall season, there will be no fall NCAA championship in that sport in that division. "

I would guess "eligible" includes all those teams from conferences that don't participate in the playoffs but ????

oldmantutters
08-05-2020, 05:53 PM
Yes I am quoting myself. So I read a little closer and realize it is TEAMS. "If 50% or more of eligible teams in a particular sport in a division cancel their fall season, there will be no fall NCAA championship in that sport in that division. "

I would guess "eligible" includes all those teams from conferences that don't participate in the playoffs but ????Great news! Only need 3 teams for the men's ice hockey championship!!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Bison03
08-05-2020, 06:28 PM
Teams deciding not to play right now will make the decision for the board. Below 50% of playoff eligible teams opting out means no fall fcs championship. Sadly, I think this reality is coming. Hope a spring season is in the works.

EC8CH
08-05-2020, 06:39 PM
Teams deciding not to play right now will make the decision for the board. Below 50% of playoff eligible teams opting out means no fall fcs championship. Sadly, I think this reality is coming. Hope a spring season is in the works.

Not much headroom for more teams to drop out with pioneer and caa already called off.

NDSUstudent
08-05-2020, 07:12 PM
Still not sure how a playoff is even possible in this environment, what if a team has an outbreak during it? Are they just done? Would be a complete sham if that was the case.

Maybe we have a vaccine by the spring and if so it would make things a lot simplier. That said, maybe we don't but the FCS is a complete tire fire when it comes to being on the same page with this thing right now. It is a complete joke.

If people really want to try fall football, I would move to a conference schedule only if I was the MVFC and try to copy the Big 10's plan. It is the best I've seen, maybe we could have a conference title game if there is no playoff and then some kind of bowl game. I don't know, it is just a mess and they keep kicking the can down the road instead of making a decision.

NDSU92
08-05-2020, 07:23 PM
It’s all a slow procession to no playoffs. Probably doesn’t matter anyways, what happens when UNI gets 5 positive tests the week before we play them? We’ll be lucky to get three games in this fall.

El_Chapo
08-05-2020, 07:24 PM
Still not sure how a playoff is even possible in this environment, what if a team has an outbreak during it? Are they just done? Would be a complete sham if that was the case.

Maybe we have a vaccine by the spring and if so it would make things a lot simplier. That said, maybe we don't but the FCS is a complete tire fire when it comes to being on the same page with this thing right now. It is a complete joke.

If people really want to try fall football, I would move to a conference schedule only if I was the MVFC and try to copy the Big 10's plan. It is the best I've seen.

well that's fine. Conference ONLY FCS. top 8 teams into Playoffs in December. 4 games , 2 games Frisco.

westnodak93bison
08-05-2020, 07:57 PM
LSU players on new helmet face shields: 'I can’t f—king breathe under this thing'

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/lsu-players-difficulties-new-face-shields-helmets

El_Chapo
08-06-2020, 09:49 PM
BIG FLUFFY = BIG PUSSIES

https://kslsports.com/439292/report-big-sky-conference-votes-to-not-play-college-football-in-fall-2020/

Thanks a lot JackWads!!!

NDSU should still play this fall... screw the FCS. Play conference and pick up 2-3 non conf games. and 1 BIG NEUTRAL GAME IN November/December vs a High Profile FBS team

westnodak93bison
08-06-2020, 10:11 PM
Nice. Not surprised one bit. Covid is the boogy man!

TAILG8R
08-06-2020, 10:14 PM
Have to admit one thing. Our administration is playing to the whistle on this one.

Kevin
08-06-2020, 10:17 PM
Turn out the lights.

No football this year.

Just a matter of making it official.

Lakes, you tried. We appreciate your efforts.

And by we I mean literally only me.

I appreciate you.

westnodak93bison
08-06-2020, 10:20 PM
With the irrational decision making going on you would think college aged kids and healthy people are dropping like flies from covid19. Less than 160k dead in the USA from covid and most of which are older people in nursing homes. Lib group think is more harmful than this virus. The economic damage is enormous. Just stupid.

Kevin
08-06-2020, 10:23 PM
With the irrational decision making going on you would think college aged kids and healthy people are dropping like flies from covid19. Less than 160k dead in the USA from covid and most of which are older people in nursing homes. Lib group think is more harmful than this virus. The economic damage is enormous. Just stupid.

Attn: Tony
CC: Admin

This level of POLITRICKS in the FOOTBALL forum will cause HEFFY to have a STROKE and QUIT various other activities that he enjoys.

Please render this with extreme prejudice.

The whole world is watching.

Sincerely,
kevin

heffray
08-06-2020, 10:32 PM

This level of POLITRICKS in the FOOTBALL forum will cause HEFFY to have a STROKE and QUIT various other activities that he enjoys.

Sincerely,
kevin

Appreciate the effort, Kev.

Kevin
08-06-2020, 11:03 PM
Appreciate the effort, Kev.

Yeah did you notice how I tried? Stuck it out? Rolled with the punches?

I didn't just ask Tony to take me out of here, thus leaving you alone, after you made me a thread all my own and created a meme culture under which I could thrive?

You see how I did that?

WeAreThePride
08-06-2020, 11:08 PM
Not if your straw and pouch/flask fit inside the suit.

Modern problems require modern solutions.

NDSUstudent
08-06-2020, 11:13 PM
I will say that this whole thing has done nothing but absolutely cement my belief that we should be FBS and our admin should begin to pursue it at all costs. Tired of being tied down by a dvision filled with basketball and hockey schools that don't give a damn about football, we need to get out.

Kevin
08-06-2020, 11:14 PM
I will say that this whole thing has done nothing but absolutely cement my belief that we should be FBS and our admin should begin to pursue it at all costs. Tired of being tied down by a dvision filled with basketball and hockey schools that don't give a damn about football, we need to get out.

I was on the FBS fence until this pandemic as well. I don't know how we get out of here, but we need to.

Nothing left to prove anyway.

El_Chapo
08-06-2020, 11:17 PM
FBS will play...

Gully
08-06-2020, 11:20 PM
So do the players lose their scholarships if there is no season? How many athletic programs will cease to exist next year? I don't see how it will all be paid for with no fb season.

Bison03
08-06-2020, 11:33 PM
There could still be a spring season with a championship guys...

BisonJump
08-06-2020, 11:54 PM
It didn’t have to be this way if not for extremely poor and self serving decisions made back in February. Just saying.

El_Chapo
08-07-2020, 12:16 AM
fcs at 51.5% threshold? is that true?

IndyBison
08-07-2020, 12:20 AM
So do the players lose their scholarships if there is no season? How many athletic programs will cease to exist next year? I don't see how it will all be paid for with no fb season.I believe most scholarships are granted but I'm not sure if they have an out. But that's exactly why this is a financial issue. Not fit greed but for survival. These athletic departments generate a lot of revenue but also have a lot of expenses. It's definitely a cash flow business with investments in facilities.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
08-07-2020, 12:28 AM
There could still be a spring season with a championship guys...

screw that.. play this year

Gully
08-07-2020, 12:34 AM
I believe most scholarships are granted but I'm not sure if they have an out. But that's exactly why this is a financial issue. Not fit greed but for survival. These athletic departments generate a lot of revenue but also have a lot of expenses. It's definitely a cash flow business with investments in facilities.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yes. Surprisingly, I'm not hearing much about this. It's easy to say, "oh just cancel and play next year", but I don't think people really understand the implications. People shouldn't be surprised is there are major scholarship, program, athletic department reductions and even university elimination as a result of this.

23Bison
08-07-2020, 12:40 AM
The FCS sucks. FREE NDSU!

NDSU92
08-07-2020, 12:47 AM
And this is what you get being in a subdivision full of teacher colleges. “Peer institutions” lmao

Hammersmith
08-07-2020, 12:51 AM
And that's it for the playoffs. Pioneer has officially cancelled and the NCAA confirmed that the Ivy, SWAC, and MEAC DO count for purposes of eligibility. The FCS is now at 49.xx% no matter what the Big Sky does.

I believe the number this minute is 61 out of 123, or 49.59%. The 111 total that Jeff, Craig and others have been using did not include the Ivy or SWAC.

JohnnyExtacy
08-07-2020, 12:51 AM
screw that.. play this year

Think of how unexciting this year could be. NDSU's closest game all year could be 45+ points. They should definitely play.

El_Chapo
08-07-2020, 01:13 AM
The FCS sucks. FREE NDSU!

i have a solution....

Hammersmith
08-07-2020, 01:25 AM
And that's it for the playoffs. Pioneer has officially cancelled and the NCAA confirmed that the Ivy, SWAC, and MEAC DO count for purposes of eligibility. The FCS is now at 49.xx% no matter what the Big Sky does.

I believe the number this minute is 61 out of 123, or 49.59%. The 111 total that Jeff, Craig and others have been using did not include the Ivy or SWAC.

Correction, playoffs still technically on by a single team. Number of eligible teams is 119, not 123*. But the number of teams saying they want to compete at this minute is 60. So we're currently at 50.42%. And that's counting JMU, Villanova and Elon from the CAA.

*The poster that gave me that number either counted the four transitioning teams or the four teams declared ineligible for APR scores.

El_Chapo
08-07-2020, 02:02 AM
NDSU at Chattanooga in Nashville ?? haha. can you imagine the brains explode at a local school..

Rusty Wright

@CoachRustyW - Chattanooga

Wanted: Football games. In-Conf/Out of Conf/FCS/G5/P5 doesn’t matter. Have team, will travel. DM me. #GoMocs #myguyswanttoplay

roadwarrior
08-07-2020, 02:02 AM
Those that think the season will still be playing out during December are in Dreamland, no matter how many teams are in.

southcliffbison
08-07-2020, 03:28 AM
Those that think the season will still be playing out during December are in Dreamland, no matter how many teams are in.
Right now, I don't give a rat's ass if there are playoffs. I just want to watch some football. MVFC should play their schedule. If there aren't playoffs......fuck it.

El_Chapo
08-07-2020, 03:43 AM
Right now, I don't give a rat's ass if there are playoffs. I just want to watch some football. MVFC should play their schedule. If there aren't playoffs......fuck it.

absolutely

admin
08-07-2020, 01:58 PM

Sincerely,
kevin

Yeah, I go through all the freaking trouble of putting a politics forum on the board and he still puts this stuff here. Makes a guy want to change his permissions so he can't post on the Football forum.

Which is what I have done (or attempted to do.)

And I just looked at the post that got bisonaudit put in that category and there isn't a single thing political about it. People saying it's political doesn't make it so. So sorry about that, bisonaudit.

TransAmBison
08-07-2020, 02:27 PM
All hail Kevin, you have roused the angry elf from his slumber. Woe to all that cross his path.

tony
08-07-2020, 05:14 PM
At this point in the TV show, the doctor would be rubbing the paddles together for the fourth time and telling the nurse to turn the defibrillator up to 11 while shouting, "Don't you die on me!"

Except, tragically, he or she hasn't noticed that the patient came in without a head due to Decapitation Syndrome.

You can wait until after the commercial break to see if the patient makes it, but, really, the writing is on the wall.

TransAmBison
08-07-2020, 05:19 PM
At this point in the TV show, the doctor would be rubbing the paddles together for the fourth time and telling the nurse to turn the defibrillator up to 11 while shouting, "Don't you die on me!"

Except, tragically, he or she hasn't noticed that the patient came in without a head due to Decapitation Syndrome.

You can wait until after the commercial break to see if the patient makes it, but, really, the writing is on the wall.So what you are saying is we need Dr Frankenstein (pronounce it however you want). I'm up for it. Put together all the parts (teams that want to play, but their conferences don't) and have at it. Put together a couple/few makeshift conferences with a playoff at the end. It could be done.

bruinbison
08-07-2020, 05:21 PM
Summer camp roster is out - incoming freshman have been added:

https://gobison.com/sports/football/roster

An unexpected category - those who are now listed as taller than high school measurements on signing day (since hs #s can be “stretched”)

- Raja Nelson, 5’ 9” 182 WR - was 5’ 8” 175 - if any taller he would have been offered by Da Gophers :)

- Marquis Sigle, 5’ 11” 174 - was 5’ 10” 170 (can always use a tall CB)

- Hayden Johnston, 6’ 2” 270 - was 6’ 1” 259 (listed as an OL, thought he might start out as a DT)

- Oscar Benson, 6’ 1” 199 LB - was 6’ 180

Another category - larger size than hs:

- Mason Miller, 6’ 6” 265 OL - was 232 (always looked like a TE on tv :))

- Grey Zabel, 6’ 5” 270 - was 247

- Trey Steinbach, 6’ 3” 235 DE - was 220

- Ty Satter, 6’ 1” 194 S - was 167

And what can happen going from high school measurements to college:

- Loshiaka Roques, 6’ 2” 205 DE - was 6’ 3” 215 (sounds like a LB, good player - if he was 6’ 4” FBS would have been all over)

- Seth Anderson, 6’ 4” 268 OL - was 6’ 5” (but only 253) (was hoping he would be that rare tall DT - 6’ 5” - starts out as an OL)

https://gobison.com/news/2019/12/18/bison-football-national-signing-day.aspx

https://gobison.com/news/2020/2/5/ndsu-signs-two-adds-four-walk-ons-to-2020-football-recruiting-class.aspx

tony
08-07-2020, 05:24 PM

An unexpected category - those who are now listed as taller than high school measurements on signing day (since hs #s can be “stretched”)

- Raja Nelson, 5’ 9” 182 WR - was 5’ 8” 175 - if any taller he would have been offered by Da Gophers :)

- Hayden Johnston, 6’ 2” 270 - was 6’ 1” 259 (listed as an OL, thought he might start out as a DT)

- Mason Miller, 6’ 6” 265 OL - was 232

Man, these guys have been putting some work in during difficult times.

Bison20
08-07-2020, 05:42 PM
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29611581/big-sky-conference-planning-football-games-spring

Big sky moving football to spring.

CalBison97
08-07-2020, 06:27 PM
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29611581/big-sky-conference-planning-football-games-spring

Big sky moving football to spring.

So instead of working with other conferences to develop a formidable plan, they are going rogue hoping others will follow with spring football.

bruinbison
08-07-2020, 06:33 PM
Spring is in the air......

Adam Rittenberg
@ESPNRittenberg

From talking to a few FCS coaches, model circulating for potential spring season would include 8 league games and then a 16-team playoff, ending around Memorial Day. Going back nine or 10 weeks from start of playoffs, season would start during the first two weekends of March.
12:05 PM · Aug 7, 2020·

JohnnyExtacy
08-07-2020, 06:33 PM
So instead of working with other conferences to develop a formidable plan, they are going rogue hoping others will follow with spring football.

What do you think College Football will look like this fall?. You do realize the minute 1 player tests positive from any program the entire program will have to cancel and self isolate for 14 days right?

TAILG8R
08-07-2020, 06:36 PM
All this spring football talk is still betting on a vaccine before then. Without it all the same concerns will be in play. The can has been kicked, how many more times will it be kicked down the road is yet to be seen.

roadwarrior
08-07-2020, 06:42 PM
We better start worrying about basketball season too.

23Bison
08-07-2020, 06:53 PM
As it stands, what is the point of all college athletics for 2020. More or less nothing will change next spring from now. Yes there is a possibility of a vaccine but who’s to say that will work and then that assumes that all of the players and such are on board with taking a vaccine. (Some May not) Too add onto everything, we are supposed to go through what the “experts” say will be worst time for this type of virus and all of the hysteria that will ensue and then expect to play a spring season. If it’s not happening this fall then it’s not happening next spring. Kids lives will be toyed with and be strung along.

wisco4
08-07-2020, 06:54 PM
All this spring football talk is still betting on a vaccine before then. Without it all the same concerns will be in play. The can has been kicked, how many more times will it be kicked down the road is yet to be seen.

Herd immunity much more of a savior than a vaccine. They may never play again if a vaccine is looked at as the only way things are "safe" enough.

JohnnyExtacy
08-07-2020, 06:56 PM
Herd immunity much more of a savior than a vaccine. They may never play again if a vaccine is looked at as the only way things are "safe" enough.

70+% of the population would have to recover from the virus for herd immunity to take effect. That is projected to take years.

totoinfl
08-07-2020, 07:01 PM
70+% of the population would have to recover from the virus for herd immunity to take effect. That is projected to take years.

I understand that herd immunity may not actually occur with these types of viruses...

tony
08-07-2020, 07:16 PM
I understand that herd immunity may not actually occur with these types of viruses...

Call me crazy, but if our strategy is to sacrifice 1 to 2 million lives in pursuit of herd immunity, we better be damn sure that getting COVID-19 gives lasting immunity first. And, even then, it seems like a bad trade when wearing masks, social distancing, and dealing with flare-ups has been proven to work.

23Bison
08-07-2020, 07:29 PM
What would clear up the muddy waters a bit is if everyone with the decision/policy making ability would stay consistent. Most have no idea what we should shouldn’t do. It’s ok to go to these functions but not those. Sadly it’s all politically motivated.

wisco4
08-07-2020, 07:32 PM

The research is now not supporting this. It was not a novel virus and the assumption that the population did not have some immunity against the virus was incorrect. It is more like 10-30% threshold due to the fact a significant portion of the population already has some form of immunity.

bisonfanette
08-07-2020, 07:55 PM
Swany was on the radio a short while ago, & said he thinks we saw TL play the last time as a Bison. He said that he would be shocked, if he played again as a bison.
He also mentioned the worst thing teamakers could do, would be to ask for their $ back. He said the athletic department and student athletes are going to need those donations more than ever.

Mr Meaty
08-07-2020, 08:14 PM
We better start worrying about basketball season too.

Play in a bubble like the NBA (that I will never watch) in Sioux Falls or Fargo. Put all the team up there. Probably no fans but at least we would have a season and can watch on tv.

wisco4
08-07-2020, 08:15 PM
Call me crazy, but if our strategy is to sacrifice 1 to 2 million lives in pursuit of herd immunity, we better be damn sure that getting COVID-19 gives lasting immunity first. And, even then, it seems like a bad trade when wearing masks, social distancing, and dealing with flare-ups has been proven to work.

I don't think anyone's strategy is to sacrifice a certain number of lives. I just think heard immunity or the virus burning out is closer than we think. In football terms we're midway through the 4th quarter of this thing. I'm front line medical, I believe I've seen patients with this since late January, I got it, thought I may die but I'm back at it. Good news my wife or kids never had a wiff of a symptom. Its a wierd disease but were getting better at treating it and understanding it. We need to protect the elderly and otherwise vulnerable but we're darn close to effective herd immunity and thats a positive.

tony
08-07-2020, 08:25 PM
I don't think anyone's strategy is to sacrifice a certain number of lives. I just think heard immunity or the virus burning out is closer than we think. In football terms we're midway through the 4th quarter of this thing. I'm front line medical, I believe I've seen patients with this since late January, I got it, thought I may die but I'm back at it. Good news my wife or kids never had a wiff of a symptom. Its a wierd disease but were getting better at treating it and understanding it. We need to protect the elderly and otherwise vulnerable but we're darn close to effective herd immunity and thats a positive.

I sure hope that you are right, but I was hoping that the virus would go away in the summer like the flu too.

westnodak93bison
08-07-2020, 08:35 PM
Herd immunity much more of a savior than a vaccine. They may never play again if a vaccine is looked at as the only way things are "safe" enough.Yep.

westnodak93bison
08-07-2020, 08:35 PM
70+% of the population would have to recover from the virus for herd immunity to take effect. That is projected to take years.Especially if they keep recommending that healthy folks hide under their bed

westnodak93bison
08-07-2020, 08:37 PM
Call me crazy, but if our strategy is to sacrifice 1 to 2 million lives in pursuit of herd immunity, we better be damn sure that getting COVID-19 gives lasting immunity first. And, even then, it seems like a bad trade when wearing masks, social distancing, and dealing with flare-ups has been proven to work.Really? We all know viruses mutate so we will be chasing our tail forever. TIME TO MOVE ON!

tony
08-07-2020, 09:05 PM
Really? We all know viruses mutate so we will be chasing our tail forever. TIME TO MOVE ON!

Wait, how are you posting in this forum after all your political stuff.... lemme check on that.

Polio is a virus. Smallpox is a virus. We're not chasing our tails on them.

El_Chapo
08-07-2020, 09:59 PM
All hail Kevin, you have roused the angry elf from his slumber. Woe to all that cross his path.

Kevin.... more like Karen

sooooo 2020 season thread

JohnnyExtacy
08-07-2020, 10:21 PM

What 2020 season?

DCinOK
08-07-2020, 10:25 PM
Next Season Up, I guess. I'm too numb to cry.

08-07-2020, 10:26 PM
We are doing way more damage to ourselves with the panic reaction than this virus would do if we just let it run through the country and stopped shutting everything down.

EC8CH
08-07-2020, 10:30 PM
Wait, how are you posting in this forum after all your political stuff.... lemme check on that.

Maybe he mutated?

GreenfieldBison
08-07-2020, 10:36 PM
Maybe he mutated?

Is he..., naw, couldn’t be. Could he?

SDbison
08-07-2020, 11:06 PM
We are doing way more damage to ourselves with the panic reaction than this virus would do if we just let it run through the country and stopped shutting everything down. I agree 100%. Bunch of pussies in this country now. Never would win WW2 with the average American these days.......just like the French would surrender in a couple days.

Kevin
08-07-2020, 11:20 PM

I told you 0% chance weeks ago.

bisonfanette
08-07-2020, 11:39 PM

Thanks for sharing. I have a 50-year-old friend who has the virus right now and he could’ve swore it was nothing more than a sinus issue! If it weren’t for his wife testing positive with flu symptoms, he would’ve never thought to be tested. Like you said, such a weird disease. I know of 60 and 70-year-old people who have tested positive, they were ill for 4 to 5 days, and that’s it.

reformedUNDfan
08-07-2020, 11:57 PM
The research is now not supporting this. It was not a novel virus and the assumption that the population did not have some immunity against the virus was incorrect. It is more like 10-30% threshold due to the fact a significant portion of the population already has some form of immunity.

please provide any source for any of this.

reformedUNDfan
08-08-2020, 12:03 AM
We are doing way more damage to ourselves with the panic reaction than this virus would do if we just let it run through the country and stopped shutting everything down.

Every single economist disagrees. There is no functioning economy during a pandemic.

roadwarrior
08-08-2020, 12:18 AM
Entz was on the radio at noon today talking about the first day of practice. He said with all the unknowns (at that time anyway), he was operating towards the first game at the Fargodome on Sept 5th. I wonder who that opponent was?

NDSU92
08-08-2020, 12:24 AM
https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/6607744-Report-Missouri-Valley-Football-will-not-play-league-games-in-the-fall

Kolpack writing that MVFC won’t be playing this fall.

scottietohottie
08-08-2020, 12:36 AM
Thank God for no football. Now we can focus on the election.

Kevin
08-08-2020, 12:38 AM
Thank God for no football. Now we can focus on the election.

Oh no. I didn't even think about that.

P5 is still going to play tho right?

We can all become Kansas State fans or something?

roadwarrior
08-08-2020, 12:41 AM
MVFC announcement at 8pm

El_Chapo
08-08-2020, 12:42 AM
NDSU needs to get on the dam phone and find 8 dam games vs ANYONE P5, G5, FCS

heckler
08-08-2020, 12:50 AM
NDSU needs to get on the dam phone and find 8 dam games vs ANYONE P5, G5, FCS

I agree. Our best players wouldn't play spring ball anyways.

Kevin
08-08-2020, 01:06 AM
So if we play in the spring, who is the QB?

If we play in the Spring, how do they go back to a fall season in the same year?

heffray
08-08-2020, 01:08 AM
MVFC announcement at 8pm

Any update on this?

Kevin
08-08-2020, 01:09 AM
Any update on this?

Izzo's twitter. No valley games in fall, moved to springs.

Teams can play up to 3 non-con games in the fall at their discretion.

Can Lakes find us 3 FBS games?

CAN U LAKES???

td577
08-08-2020, 01:10 AM
I agree 100%. Bunch of pussies in this country now. Never would win WW2 with the average American these days.......just like the French would surrender in a couple days.I am always curious about people who talk shit. What war did you fight in?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

56BISON73
08-08-2020, 01:12 AM
So if we play in the spring, who is the QB?

If we play in the Spring, how do they go back to a fall season in the same year?

3 months off and start back up. Considering they work out year round it shouldnt be that big of a deal.

Kevin
08-08-2020, 01:13 AM
3 months off and start back up. Considering they work out year round it shouldnt be that big of a deal.

Will be rough for any late season injuries though.

But I suppose it's better than nothing.

If it happens. I could easily see it getting shelved come Spring as well because Lakes won't wear a mask while yelling at people in the street about Google.

Kevin
08-08-2020, 01:14 AM
I am always curious about people who talk shit. What war did you fight in?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

He's a veteran of the War on Christmas.

56BISON73
08-08-2020, 01:14 AM
Izzo's twitter. No valley games in fall, moved to springs.

Teams can play up to 3 non-con games in the fall at their discretion.

Can Lakes find us 3 FBS games?

CAN U LAKES???

Where does it say that?

56BISON73
08-08-2020, 01:16 AM

If it happens. I could easily see it getting shelved come Spring as well because Lakes won't wear a mask while yelling at people in the street about Google.

I dont like the spring scenario.

heffray
08-08-2020, 01:16 AM
Alright, guys. I guess I'm just going to take a break from Bisonville for a while. No keeping politics out of this long offseason. Take care.

roadwarrior
08-08-2020, 01:19 AM
Where does it say that?

Last paragraph

Kevin
08-08-2020, 01:19 AM
Where does it say that?

http://www.twitter.com/domizzowday

"MVFC teams could play three non-conference games in the fall. Decision is up to each school. We know #NDSU wants to play, see if they can find anyone."

TAILG8R
08-08-2020, 01:21 AM
Yay another covid thread!!!!

Kevin
08-08-2020, 01:21 AM
Alright, guys. I guess I'm just going to take a break from Bisonville for a while. No keeping politics out of this long offseason. Take care.

Oh look heffy quitting again oh wow etc. such moral outrage et al. blah blah blah.

MinotBison
08-08-2020, 01:29 AM
http://www.twitter.com/domizzowday

"MVFC teams could play three non-conference games in the fall. Decision is up to each school. We know #NDSU wants to play, see if they can find anyone."

So who might it be? Choices are somewhat limited I would think.

GreenfieldBison
08-08-2020, 01:34 AM

Why is he yelling about Google again? Does he not own Alphabet?

56BISON73
08-08-2020, 01:35 AM
So we go from having OOC games being cancelled to looking for OOC games??? :D

You cant make this stuff up. :D

Re schedule A&T

23Bison
08-08-2020, 02:26 AM
Well it looks like there is nothing to look forward to this fall thanks to FFing China!!! I thought recruiting would carry the workload till August but that will die too because of the spring scheduling and some of our top players will probably opt out for the NFL before the spring season (can’t believe I typed that) starts. I’m out. See you guys whenever something exciting and positive happens.

AKBison
08-08-2020, 02:43 AM
So who might it be? Choices are somewhat limited I would think.

UND just announced no fall games for them so that means they are backing out of the K-State game. NDSU is the perfect candidate to fill that game. The coaches know and trust each other as do people in the AD. We will follow whatever protocals ADGT wants us to to a T and he knows it. ADGT could request NDSU fans not to travel and we would listen. Plus, they would be throwing us a giant bone. The original guarantee for UND was 475K. The "Covid 19" going rate that Missouri State and SIU are getting from OU and KU is $300,000 which should be good enough for us as well. Honestly, it's the perfect situation for both schools. Where is Lakes at? Pump this up Lakes, let's go!

MinotBison
08-08-2020, 02:52 AM
UND just announced no fall games for them so that means they are backing out of the K-State game. NDSU is the perfect candidate to fill that game. The coaches know and trust each other as do people in the AD. We will follow whatever protocals ADGT wants us to to a T and he knows it. ADGT could request NDSU fans not to travel and we would listen. Plus, they would be throwing us a giant bone. The original guarantee for UND was 475K. The "Covid 19" going rate that Missouri State and SIU are getting from OU and KU is $300,000 which should be good enough for us as well. Honestly, it's the perfect situation for both schools. Where is Lakes at? Pump this up Lakes, let's go!

:nod: :nod: :nod:

El_Chapo
08-08-2020, 03:14 AM
:nod: :nod: :nod:

off to goemaw.com.

SamsRams
08-08-2020, 03:23 AM
off to goemaw.com.

Sometimes you make me smile and this response made me smile.

wisco4
08-08-2020, 03:28 AM

Will do. Let me gather the studies and I will do my best to post the links to them.

Kevin
08-08-2020, 04:14 AM
off to goemaw.com.

Predictably they don’t want the smoke.

NDSU92
08-08-2020, 05:27 AM
K State fans are already weary of the fact that their AD and HC are from NDSU. We already beat them once. Unless Gene and Klieman are looking for an early retirement they would never schedule us. If we beat them both those guys would never have the chance to see out their contracts.

Fun to speculate though

bruinbison
08-08-2020, 11:57 AM

- Mason Miller, 6’ 6” 265 OL - was 232 (always looked like a TE on tv :))

- Trey Steinbach, 6’ 3” 235 DE - was 220

- Ty Satter, 6’ 1” 194 S - was 167

And what can happen going from high school measurements to college:

- Loshiaka Roques, 6’ 2” 205 DE - was 6’ 3” 215 (sounds like a LB, good player - if he was 6’ 4” FBS would have been all over)

- Seth Anderson, 6’ 4” 268 OL - was 6’ 5” (but only 253) (was hoping he would be that rare tall DT - 6’ 5” - starts out as an OL)

https://gobison.com/news/2019/12/18/bison-football-national-signing-day.aspx

https://gobison.com/news/2020/2/5/ndsu-signs-two-adds-four-walk-ons-to-2020-football-recruiting-class.aspx

Plus there is this...

Brian Shawn
@BShawnMidcoSN
·
20h

It's amazing how much bigger some of these guys are for the Bison... Noah Gindorff, James Kaczor & the Moestart Twins very noticeable... We see it every year in this program but still amazing to see...

Coach Morgan
@CoachKMorgs

Replying to
@BShawnMidcoSN

BEST STRENGTH COACH IN THE COUNTRY!!!
@CoachKramerNDSU

4:50 PM · Aug 7, 2020

El_Chapo
08-08-2020, 01:08 PM
Predictably they don’t want the smoke.

HAHA. K state fans = cute

www.BisoNation.com** 7 time Natl Champs

K-State is NDSU 3.0* (cuz wyoming is 2.0)

*CirePak'r ÉlitairePosts: 14848*

Re: NDSU @ K STATE. SEPT 2020. BOOK IT GENE O

«*Reply #1 on:*August 07, 2020, 10:21:48 PM »

No thanks

«*Reply #2 on:*August 07, 2020, 10:41:36 PM »

Gross

http://twitter.com/stevedaveKSU

«*Reply #3 on:*August 07, 2020, 11:02:50 PM »

We’re busy that day

GreenfieldBison
08-09-2020, 02:20 PM
So here is one guy's vision for a Spring FCS football season and championship

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/the-fcs-should-now-try-to-play-a-modified-season-in-the-spring-heres-how-you-do-it/

TAILG8R
08-09-2020, 02:34 PM

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/the-fcs-should-now-try-to-play-a-modified-season-in-the-spring-heres-how-you-do-it/Interesting I guess but holy cow he made things super complicated just to get 6 games in. I feel everyone tends to overthink what could work and realize that anything that would take that much alignment, planning and agreement across multiple conferences just won't happen.

Regardless of number of games just play them in your conference and let a committee decide an abbreviated playoffs field.

NDSU92
08-09-2020, 02:49 PM
Interesting I guess but holy cow he made things super complicated just to get 6 games in. I feel everyone tends to overthink what could work and realize that anything that would take that much alignment, planning and agreement across multiple conferences just won't happen.

Regardless of number of games just play them in your conference and let a committee decide an abbreviated playoffs field.

Nothing short of the vast majority of players getting a vaccine is required for college football in the spring. The sheer number of players, level of physical contact, inability to regulate 18-22 year olds and level of regional (and sometimes national) travel required is too much to overcome.

P5 might be able to pull it off in the spring, but there is no way on God’s green earth that a majority of FCS schools can self-fund the multiple tests for each player required each week for three months.

With that in mind, I would hope that we are talking to the top teams in FCS that want and financially need to play football this year. As has been mentioned by myself and others on here, come up with a one year super conference and set requirements on testing, online classes only, quarantine regulations, etc. Sell each game as pay per view, for a similar cost of a game ticket. My guess is that without a vaccine that would be your only way to see a full season get played.

MinotBison
08-09-2020, 04:34 PM

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/the-fcs-should-now-try-to-play-a-modified-season-in-the-spring-heres-how-you-do-it/

From this article:

"So picture a North Dakota State official 2020-2021 spring football schedule:

March 18th MINOT ST.
March 27th at Drake
April 3rd SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
April 10th at South Dakota
April 17th NORTH DAKOTA"

Um, Minot State?????

Bisonator98
08-09-2020, 04:45 PM

That guy is high, not just lehigh either....

HerdBot
08-09-2020, 05:12 PM
Mac moves to spring. Rumors that FBS moves to spring. These players who are transferring may be making a knee jerk decision that negatively impacts their nfl aspirations if the FBS moves too.

wisco4
08-09-2020, 09:25 PM

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20200612/p2a/00m/0na/009000c
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/02/health/gupta-coronavirus-t-cell-cross-reactivity-immunity-wellness/index.html
https://medium.com/@vernunftundrichtigkeit/coronavirus-why-everyone-was-wrong-fce6db5ba809
https://unherd.com/2020/05/oxford-doubles-down-sunetra-gupta-interview/
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/covid-has-all-but-left-london-why-
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/07/herd-immunity-coronavirus/614035/
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/08/zika-has-all-disappeared-americas-why

Some light reading for you. Remember, you asked.

El_Chapo
08-09-2020, 09:56 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/02/health/gupta-coronavirus-t-cell-cross-reactivity-immunity-wellness/index.html
https://medium.com/@vernunftundrichtigkeit/coronavirus-why-everyone-was-wrong-fce6db5ba809
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/07/herd-immunity-coronavirus/614035/

there's a Covid thread for that Sconi :)

wisco4
08-09-2020, 10:33 PM
there's a Covid thread for that Sconi :)

reformedUNDfan had asked for sources concerning something I posted in this thread so I was just responding.

BisonJump
08-09-2020, 10:52 PM
Well it looks like there is nothing to look forward to this fall thanks to FFing China!!! I thought recruiting would carry the workload till August but that will die too because of the spring scheduling and some of our top players will probably opt out for the NFL before the spring season (can’t believe I typed that) starts. I’m out. See you guys whenever something exciting and positive happens.

Ummmm. Other countries got the same virus from China and are doing far far better in bringing things back to as normal as they can be than the USA. Maybe look around a little more. It didn’t have to be like this.

El_Chapo
08-10-2020, 01:32 AM
reformedUNDfan had asked for sources concerning something I posted in this thread so I was just responding.

ok. ill make it. worse

do these coaches still get paid hundreds of thousands and millions??

Hammerhead
08-10-2020, 01:41 AM
According to this article, all college football is likely to be called off in the next couple of days. :(
https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article244841962.html

23Bison
08-10-2020, 03:13 AM
Ummmm. Other countries got the same virus from China and are doing far far better in bringing things back to as normal as they can be than the USA. Maybe look around a little more. It didn’t have to be like this.

Your shot at political statement? It didn’t have to be this way for anyone. China F’d up a lot for the world and me thinks it was intensional. Also to add there aren’t a hell of a lot of countries that have the population of the US let alone its size.

Kevin
08-10-2020, 03:49 AM
According to this article, all college football is likely to be called off in the next couple of days. :(
https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article244841962.html

Never trust a url with a hyphen.

SDbison
08-10-2020, 03:49 AM
https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article244841962.html Just great......lets shutdown everything! Should be a mandate all athletes everywhere don't get their scholarships and coaches don't get paid. If this were to happen wonder how many of them would be ok with canceling their season?

MinotBison
08-10-2020, 03:58 AM
Just great......lets shutdown everything! Should be a mandate all athletes everywhere don't get their scholarships and coaches don't get paid. If this were to happen wonder how many of them would be ok with canceling their season?

Not so many, one would suspect. :smh:

Bisonator98
08-10-2020, 01:26 PM
Just great......lets shutdown everything! Should be a mandate all athletes everywhere don't get their scholarships and coaches don't get paid. If this were to happen wonder how many of them would be ok with canceling their season?

Have you been paying attention at all? It's not the players or coaches cancelling the season. JFC! :facepalm:

El_Chapo
08-10-2020, 03:33 PM
WILL THESE COLLEGE COACHES GETTING PAID MILLIONS..... (or $350k) still get paid?

roadwarrior
08-10-2020, 03:36 PM
According to Dan Patrick, the Big 10 has voted 12-2 to move to spring.

Kevin
08-10-2020, 03:56 PM
I have updated my chance of a football season this year from 0% to 0%.

Check in next week for the next update.

Hammersmith
08-10-2020, 04:02 PM
According to Dan Patrick, the Big 10 has voted 12-2 to move to spring.

Pac-12 will probably vote 9-3 or 10-2 tomorrow to do the same. Then the tug of war over the ACC and Big 12 goes into overdrive.

THEsocalledfan
08-10-2020, 04:24 PM
Most fascinating, and terrifying, part of all of this is teams that actually make money at football like P5 schools and NDSU MUST play in the Spring or risk financial Armageddon......

Could donors really fill holes like that when you just denied them the product they seek?

PS: Say good bye to Trey the Dillon; you've seen that last of them. Jabril may also be done.......

Gully
08-10-2020, 04:29 PM
Honestly with the way things are going, it might end in no donations at all. It's trending toward minor league professional basically. Why even have it associated with schools at that point? If that happens, then why would I continue to support a minor league team? I can't imagine paying this kind of money for minor league baseball, for example. They might just be killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

THEsocalledfan
08-10-2020, 04:37 PM
Honestly with the way things are going, it might end in no donations at all. It's trending toward minor league professional basically. Why even have it associated with schools at that point? If that happens, then why would I continue to support a minor league team? I can't imagine paying this kind of money for minor league baseball, for example. They might just be killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Sadly, Gully, our fearless leaders don't have that kind of foresight.....you nailed it.

El_Chapo
08-10-2020, 04:55 PM
Sadly, Gully, our fearless leaders don't have that kind of foresight.....you nailed it.

but but Mark Emmert only makes like $10 million a year. he's stressed man.

MankatoBison
08-10-2020, 05:07 PM
Things are going to look Waaaaaay different when college football eventually comes back. You can kiss the amateur model goodbye. Name, image and likeness is coming no matter what, but now, I bet schools will want a cut of any of that revenue to help offset and still pay for all the other sports. Buckle the F*ck up everyone

Kevin
08-10-2020, 05:09 PM
Things are going to look Waaaaaay different when college football eventually comes back. You can kiss the amateur model goodbye. Name, image and likeness is coming no matter what, but now, I bet schools will want a cut of any of that revenue to help offset and still pay for all the other sports. Buckle the F*ck up everyone

As long as it means we get another NCAA Football video game I'm all for it.

Rock
08-10-2020, 08:26 PM
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29634231/scott-frost-says-nebraska-prepared-look-all-options-including-playing-big-ten

Scott Frost Nebraska saying they want to play and will look outside big10 for games if need be.

tony
08-10-2020, 08:45 PM

Those are actually pretty light reading... they are at the hypothesis stage really.

The first link makes an interesting point about a certain percentage of the population already having some immunity... but if that were the case, you'd think the older you were, the more likely you'd have the immunity. Unless, of course, many of the bad cases are caused by immune systems overreacting. That would kind of make sense since steroids seem to be effective in some cases.

Note: I sure hope they are right in their hypotheses.

56BISON73
08-10-2020, 08:48 PM
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29634231/scott-frost-says-nebraska-prepared-look-all-options-including-playing-big-ten

Scott Frost Nebraska saying they want to play and will look outside big10 for games if need be.

NDSU is looking for 3 games this fall. Despite what the malcontents say.

Kevin
08-10-2020, 09:47 PM
NDSU is looking for 3 games this fall. Despite what the malcontents say.

We'd whoop Nebraska something fierce. Even in an empty stadium that'd be pretty cool.

OrygunBison
08-10-2020, 09:50 PM
Maybe we just schedule the Huskers 10 times this year. Maybe we promise to let them win one.

EC8CH
08-10-2020, 09:58 PM
We'd whoop Nebraska something fierce. Even in an empty stadium that'd be pretty cool.

Don't anyone tell Frost to make sure the cure isn't worse than the disease... This right here would be the Covid silver lining for Bison fans.

https://i.imgflip.com/4b1k5a.jpg

EC8CH
08-10-2020, 09:59 PM
Maybe we just schedule the Huskers 10 times this year. Maybe we promise to let them win one.

Then make good on that promise like an Iranian arms sale :D

CalBison97
08-10-2020, 10:23 PM
MWC becomes the 2nd FBS league to officially cancel the season.

El_Chapo
08-10-2020, 10:28 PM
MWC becomes the 2nd FBS league to officially cancel the season.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

El_Chapo
08-10-2020, 10:31 PM
Montana State Coach: Jeff Choate is winning me back.

Jeff Choate:
"That's who I am. If I'm going to say something ...
... I'm gonna go on the record and say it. I'm not going to hide behind anything else. I'm not scare to lose my job here at Montana State. I'm not scared of somebody not hiring me down the road.

HerdBot
08-10-2020, 10:45 PM
The Mountain West just cancelled football season
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/mountain-west-postpones-fall-2020-college-football-season-intends-to-play-in-spring-2021/

56BISON73
08-10-2020, 11:21 PM
The Mountain West just cancelled football season
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/mountain-west-postpones-fall-2020-college-football-season-intends-to-play-in-spring-2021/

Glad we didnt move to them. :nod::blush:

Rock
08-11-2020, 01:49 AM
Don't anyone tell Frost to make sure the cure isn't worse than the disease... This right here would be the Covid silver lining for Bison fans.

https://i.imgflip.com/4b1k5a.jpg

Well done.

I say Nebraska

Maybe a missouri type (cough Gophers would fit here too cough)

Then. Call. Bo. He stole our guy. Lets beat them up.

123Gobison
08-11-2020, 01:49 AM
AD please call Nebraska right now

ndsubison1
08-11-2020, 02:06 PM
Is this what we needed to combat Bison Fatigue? haha

El_Chapo
08-11-2020, 02:16 PM
Is this what we needed to combat Bison Fatigue? haha

yes 3 FBS non Conf games

I really don't give a shit if we go 0-3!

Grab 3 games vs BIG 12, SEC, ACC.... or SoCon/Southland I guess.

23Bison
08-11-2020, 02:36 PM
yes 3 FBS non Conf games

I really don't give a shit if we go 0-3!

Grab 3 games vs BIG 12, SEC, ACC.... or SoCon/Southland I guess.
But we could go 3-0.... Then we’d all be ruined. Would be a nice season just with those 3 games. Could care less if they were all on the road.

THEsocalledfan
08-11-2020, 05:32 PM
But we could go 3-0.... Then we’d all be ruined. Would be a nice season just with those 3 games. Could care less if they were all on the road.

Got to agree on this. But, here is a question I can't figure out.....

NDSU is currently in camp.....how long do you stay in camp with no games scheduled? At what point do they pull the plug? What an awful situation.

mnriverbison
08-11-2020, 05:48 PM
Does Cade Johnson entering the transfer portal fall into this sort of general 2020 thread or does it belong elsewhere? It is a real problem for the bunnies if they are going to play a 2020 season.

Kevin
08-11-2020, 05:52 PM
Does Cade Johnson entering the transfer portal fall into this sort of general 2020 thread or does it belong elsewhere? It is a real problem for the bunnies if they are going to play a 2020 season.

Wow. That's a huge blow. Kid is insanely talented.

tony
08-11-2020, 05:56 PM
Wow. That's a huge blow. Kid is insanely talented.

Plot twist: He goes to NDSU.

Or he goes to Minnesota and keeps scumming NDSU. :)

SDbison
08-11-2020, 07:42 PM

NDSU is currently in camp.....how long do you stay in camp with no games scheduled? At what point do they pull the plug? What an awful situation. Yep, and the great leaders who make crap decisions can't even envision and address the complications they create by cancelling fall football (how do spring and fall football work in 2021, what should players do that are currently in camp, how does this affect players with NFL draft potential). Bunch of idiots!

56BISON73
08-11-2020, 07:50 PM

NDSU is currently in camp.....how long do you stay in camp with no games scheduled? At what point do they pull the plug? What an awful situation.

They stay in camp until they know whether they can get 3 games scheduled this fall.

SDbison
08-11-2020, 07:55 PM
They stay in camp until they know whether they can get 3 games scheduled this fall. Hope the players don't get their hopes too high.

bri-dog
08-11-2020, 08:50 PM
AD please call Nebraska right now

Hasn't anyone posted this yet, or did I miss it?

https://twitter.com/jeffculhane/status/1293270798418030598

bruinbison
08-11-2020, 09:20 PM
Plot twist: He goes to NDSU.

Or he goes to Minnesota and keeps scumming NDSU. :)

Could be Da Gophers......

Ryan Burns
@RyanBurnsMN
·
3h

#SouthDakotaState All-American WR Cade Johnson.

I expect the #Gophers to show interest

HerdBot
08-11-2020, 11:10 PM
Could be Da Gophers......

Of course the Big Ten cancelled their 2020 season. Then again he's been wanting to transfer forever, so it would have happened no matter what

56BISON73
08-11-2020, 11:35 PM
Hope the players don't get their hopes too high.

Mine arent.

El_Chapo
08-12-2020, 01:22 AM
NDSU and its ADMIN have a ONCE IN A LIFETIME opportunity here to put NDSU on the map.

Can you imagine a PPV game or ANY type of game at a neutral outdoor site with a BIG school???

cmon guys.. don't pussy foot around. :nod::nod:

wagsabison
08-12-2020, 01:31 AM
NDSU and its ADMIN have a ONCE IN A LIFETIME opportunity here to put NDSU on the map.

Can you imagine a PPV game or ANY type of game at a neutral outdoor site with a BIG school???

If only it was as easy as you make it sound.

tony
08-12-2020, 01:44 AM
Mine arent.

Haha! 2020 is like one of those dreams that you wake up from and even if you find yourself in a Soviet-era gulag, you go, "Whew!"

Hammerhead
08-12-2020, 02:04 AM
Why would any FBS school not host NDSU and play at a neutral site?

56BISON73
08-12-2020, 02:51 AM
Haha! 2020 is like one of those dreams that you wake up from and even if you find yourself in a Soviet-era gulag, you go, "Whew!"

Agree. I would say ---"ok what could possibly happen next" but I wont. :D Crazy crazy year.

reformedUNDfan
08-12-2020, 04:41 AM
My current dream is that NU bucks the Big 10 and plays this fall, and schedules and gets smoked by NDSU, then fires their coach, gets kicked out of the Big 10 for playing ball, the Big 12 tells them to get fucked and they end up in the American.

bison_by_blood
08-12-2020, 11:27 AM

You should know with your sources and all, NDSU has reached out to basically everyone that wants to potentially play football. Ball’s in their court now. Bison will play 3 fall games against anyone that will step up.

CalBison97
08-12-2020, 12:22 PM
I find it ironic that it is safe enough to play high school football (in most states) and the NFL, but not college football. I wonder why college is considered more dangerous with all of the safety and testing measures in place.

Bisonator98
08-12-2020, 12:31 PM
I find it ironic that it is safe enough to play high school football (in most states) and the NFL, but not college football. I wonder why college is considered more dangerous with all of the safety and testing measures in place.

First you can't compare college to the NFL at all. The NFL is a multi-billion dollar industry that has money to burn. As far as HS goes, there's no interstate travel involved, no flights or hotel accomodations, only about 50-60 kids and a handful of coaches per team. It's just not comparable at all really.

CalBison97
08-12-2020, 12:41 PM
First you can't compare college to the NFL at all. The NFL is a multi-billion dollar industry that has money to burn. As far as HS goes, there's no interstate travel involved, no flights or hotel accomodations, only about 50-60 kids and a handful of coaches per team. It's just not comparable at all really.

So money makes things safer in regards to the NFL. And if traveling is sooooooo dangerous, why aren’t airlines shut down? We can go round and round with this.

bisonaudit
08-12-2020, 12:51 PM
So money makes things safer in regards to the NFL. And if traveling is sooooooo dangerous, why aren’t airlines shut down? We can go round and round with this.

When the people taking the risk get the reward and have the information, access to independent experts, are collectively involved in the development of safety protocols, and have the ability individually to make an informed decision about their health and that of their family, sure.

The high school situation I don’t understand, and I’m not just talking about the football.

El_Chapo
08-12-2020, 12:56 PM
its 8/12/20 8am.

Whats the ODDS NDSU plays games this fall?

5%
25%
50%
Less than 0%

CalBison97
08-12-2020, 12:59 PM
When the people taking the risk get the reward and have the information, access to independent experts, are collectively involved in the development of safety protocols, and have the ability individually to make an informed decision about their health and that of their family, sure.

The high school situation I don’t understand, and I’m not just talking about the football.

There are some very vocal college football athletes/coaches who want to play. If programs can field enough, they should be able to play. No one would be forcing an athlete to play against their will.