PDA

View Full Version : 2020 ndsu football season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

tony
09-17-2020, 06:25 PM
Tony, of those folks are being wieners on playing the fall due to cost, it is very unlikely those costs will drop in the Spring. I think they want football to simply take the year off. I'd say 50-50 a championship is awarded May 15. So WAY better to play now, but Larson, and the Valley dropped the ball.

That could well be true - and there is no certainty that 2021 is going to happen either - and if it doesn't, I'm not sure that athletic departments will survive (so there's that.)

But if they're having a championship season, then NDSU has to participate. If it is called off, then, of course, NDSU can re-evaluate.

ndsubison1
09-17-2020, 06:31 PM
LOL at anyone thinking there's going to be an actual spring season. They are kicking the PR can down the road. This thing might not even be back next fall.

The election is this year

THEsocalledfan
09-17-2020, 06:31 PM
That could well be true - and there is no certainty that 2021 is going to happen either - and if it doesn't, I'm not sure that athletic departments will survive (so there's that.)

But if they're having a championship season, then NDSU has to participate. If it is called off, then, of course, NDSU can re-evaluate.

I'd MUCH rather watch the greatest offensive team NDSU has ever assembled than the watered down spring version. We'll have to disagree on that.

EC8CH
09-17-2020, 07:24 PM
I'd MUCH rather watch the greatest offensive team NDSU has ever assembled than the watered down spring version. We'll have to disagree on that.

This year's offense was shaping up to be baller.

tony
09-17-2020, 08:37 PM

Well, so would I, but wishing won't do anything.

I do not want NDSU to take their ball and go home so that somebody else can walk away with a national championship.

Oh wait, are you saying you'd rather play a fall season with no national championship possibility than play a spring season where we might win one? In the former scenario, would you expect Trey and Dillon to suit up?

southcliffbison
09-17-2020, 09:33 PM

I do not want NDSU to take their ball and go home so that somebody else can walk away with a national championship.

Oh wait, are you saying you'd rather play a fall season with no national championship possibility than play a spring season where we might win one? In the former scenario, would you expect Trey and Dillon to suit up?

Hasn't Radunz already said he's a one-trick pony? Plays this one game, graduates in December, then off into the sunset. Either in the fall or spring, the FCS playoffs will be a freakin' joke. Whoever wins the natty should have one hugh asterisk printed on the trophy stating the circumstances it was won in.

Bison Dan
09-17-2020, 09:41 PM
I think it would be cool if NDSU would get a bowl bid this Dec/Jan.

Bison03
09-17-2020, 10:27 PM
Hasn't Radunz already said he's a one-trick pony? Plays this one game, graduates in December, then off into the sunset. Either in the fall or spring, the FCS playoffs will be a freakin' joke. Whoever wins the natty should have one hugh asterisk printed on the trophy stating the circumstances it was won in.
Why? I get the circumstances are unique and different; but the FCS champ next year will be the champ. Are you delegitimizing the other sports champions in pro and college as well?

THEsocalledfan
09-17-2020, 10:50 PM

Yes play is full of a fall schedule as you can with the full roster. Screw the playoffs and go to a bowl game.

southcliffbison
09-17-2020, 10:52 PM
[QUOTE=Bison03;1448955]Why? I get the circumstances are unique and different; but the FCS champ next year will be the champ. Are you delegitimizing the other sports champions in pro and college as well?[/QUOT

MLB season and playoffs.....definitely asterisk worthy; NBA playoffs....are they still playing? whatever , definitely asterisk worthy...….NHL ……...meh......don't care. The NFL, if it makes it thru their regular season, playoffs, and Super Bowl...….the Super Bowl winner is a definite legitimate champion. Since we don't know if ALL of the P5 conferences are going to play a season (PAC 10 ??), their playoff system may be flawed also since some very good teams are left out of the pool. I hope the PAC 10 reverses its decision.

tony
09-17-2020, 11:29 PM
Yes play is full of a fall schedule as you can with the full roster. Screw the playoffs and go to a bowl game.

Well, I think that ship has sailed... and the bowl game is a long shot.

Championships, on the other hand, are forever.

El_Chapo
09-18-2020, 04:09 AM
I think it would be cool if NDSU would get a bowl bid this Dec/Jan.

if NDSU schedules 3 FBS games for this fall, wins all 3 and beats UCA, they are 4-0 and could get a Mid Level Bowl Invite as an independent.

Gimme that over Spring ball.

plus.... the worst secret in college football Trey Lance is gone asap with dillon radunz, so spring won't mean squat (plus, why can't we do BOTH?)

td577
09-18-2020, 05:33 AM

Championships, on the other hand, are forever.If you want to see this team play, you take the best shot you have with football. Right now, the best odds of playing any games is now. You know this because schools are playing now.

Spring may never happen and now you get nothing.

I do think you do it with empty stadiums and maximize tv money. NDSU needs to do this with FBS programs for this to happen. If schools aren't going to play now, they aren't going to play in the spring.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bisonator98
09-18-2020, 12:07 PM
Would have been a perfect year to try an independant schedule. Do what Central Arkansas AD is doing an schedule as many games as you can this fall. I have zero faith a spring season will happen and even if it does it's going to negatively effect the 2021 fall season and the program anyway. Not impressed with NDSU's leadership or lack there of at all. Larson needs to be replaced, guy has literally done nothing to advance the AD.

THEsocalledfan
09-18-2020, 12:14 PM

Chance to watch Trey and actually play >>>>>>>>>> unsure spring season.

We can respectfully disagree and I certainly understand your perspective, but I don't trust these loser FCS schools to play. For many, they will save money by NOT playing.

ndsubison1
09-18-2020, 01:42 PM
If another team reached out to us and the dates lined up, dont you think we would do it?

NDSUSR
09-18-2020, 01:45 PM
WDAY can suck it.

WDAY TV News

(https://twitter.com/WDAYnews)

NDSU faculty want more input on coronavirus decisions, ask to limit football game to 500 attendees

SlickVic
09-18-2020, 02:01 PM

mountain west championship would be 4ever, too tony! as the mighty CAS would say, 'just sayin-------get the waiver----------NOW!!!!!!!!

southcliffbison
09-18-2020, 02:32 PM
If another team reached out to us and the dates lined up, dont you think we would do it?

With our current leadership in the Athletic Department.............no

SDbison
09-18-2020, 03:27 PM
WDAY can suck it.

WDAY TV News

(https://twitter.com/WDAYnews)

NDSU faculty want more input on coronavirus decisions, ask to limit football game to 500 attendees Actually NDSU faculty can go suck it. Bunch of loser control freaks who think they have some right to keep fans from this game. Here is the link to the article: https://www.inforum.com/news/education/6666531-NDSU-faculty-want-more-input-on-coronavirus-decisions-ask-to-limit-football-game-to-500-attendees

bisonaudit
09-19-2020, 01:14 AM
Actually NDSU faculty can go suck it. Bunch of loser control freaks who think they have some right to keep fans from this game. Here is the link to the article: https://www.inforum.com/news/education/6666531-NDSU-faculty-want-more-input-on-coronavirus-decisions-ask-to-limit-football-game-to-500-attendees

Good for them. Someone has to be a voice for responsibility.

bisonfanette
09-19-2020, 03:31 AM
Good for them. Someone has to be a voice for responsibility.

Put a mask on, sit with family, social distance, how difficult is that?

bisonaudit
09-19-2020, 03:47 AM

I guess you’re going to find out.

Look, I too think it would be nice if we could have nice things, but there are very good reasons why we can’t.

Some clown beet up a bus driver here in Singapore because he was asked to comply with our mask laws. We have corporal punishment here. That guy could be beaten with a government sanctioned stick, literally, and he still couldn’t find it within himself to do the right thing.

Some people are dumb some of the time. Under most circumstances that’s fine, I’m happy to let them go about doing their harmless dumb thing while I go do my harmless dumb thing. Unfortunately, the current circumstances are a bit out of the ordinary.

They're not enforcing social distancing for the game, everyone has access to their own seats but there’s space available if you want to distance. It’s voluntary.

With concessions open, the mask rules are unenforceable unless the violator is especially dim.

This was a bad idea at 10,000 and it remains so at 8,400.

NDSU92
09-19-2020, 05:29 AM

*Checks virus statistics*

Apparently it’s pretty difficult

El_Chapo
09-19-2020, 01:13 PM
me and sd will order $200 in concessions each & always have food or drink in our faces the entire game, sorry mask

SDbison
09-19-2020, 01:34 PM
I guess you’re going to find out.

Look, I too think it would be nice if we could have nice things, but there are very good reasons why we can’t.

Some clown beet up a bus driver here in Singapore because he was asked to comply with our mask laws. We have corporal punishment here. That guy could be beaten with a government sanctioned stick, literally, and he still couldn’t find it within himself to do the right thing.

Some people are dumb some of the time. Under most circumstances that’s fine, I’m happy to let them go about doing their harmless dumb thing while I go do my harmless dumb thing. Unfortunately, the current circumstances are a bit out of the ordinary.

They're no enforcing social distancing for the game, everyone has access to their own seats but there’s space available if you want to distance. It’s voluntary.

With concessions open, the mask rules are unenforceable unless the violator is especially dim.

This was a bad idea at 10,000 and it remains so at 8,400. IN YOUR OPINION. That is you and your belief that government is looking out for us.

Bison03
09-20-2020, 02:58 AM
Would have been a perfect year to try an independant schedule. Do what Central Arkansas AD is doing an schedule as many games as you can this fall. I have zero faith a spring season will happen and even if it does it's going to negatively effect the 2021 fall season and the program anyway. Not impressed with NDSU's leadership or lack there of at all. Larson needs to be replaced, guy has literally done nothing to advance the AD.
In case you haven’t noticed, its kinda tough to get teams to play ndsu, especially FBS. Now throw in the fact that they have a first round draft pick qb, and its even harder. They were trying to get 3 games and could only get one.

The Lost Dutchman
09-20-2020, 03:02 AM
me and sd will order $200 in concessions each & always have food or drink in our faces the entire game, sorry mask

And thus the reason why they are going to eliminate fans being in the stands for this game.......

56BISON73
09-20-2020, 03:18 AM
In case you haven’t noticed, its kinda tough to get teams to play ndsu, especially FBS. Now throw in the fact that they have a first round draft pick qb, and its even harder. They were trying to get 3 games and could only get one.

WE could get more teams to come to Fargo BUT we would have to pay out the ass to do so. Just like the FBS does to bring in a cupcake. Whats the going rate for that?
500,000 to a 1,000,000.00???? Plus expenses? Nobody is going to go to Oho State to get there as kicked for a couple of hundred K. Same here. Unfortunately we dont have that kind of coin.

bisonfanette
09-20-2020, 06:06 AM
*Checks virus statistics*
Apparently it’s pretty difficult

There’s a lot of ppl in the bars!
For instance, in Gwinner (a lot of cases at bobcat) they go to the bar right after work. Some of these employees have spouses at home with the virus! Apparently ppl feel as tho the symptoms of Covid are not severe enough to stay home? Idk.

bisonaudit
09-20-2020, 08:36 AM

The one year that Notre Dame joined a conference?

I'm not terribly impressed with his leadership recently either, but for exactly the opposite reasons I suspect that your are.

TAILG8R
09-20-2020, 02:16 PM
Just wait until they announce Tues, Wed night games in the spring to accommodate already scheduled events for the teams with domes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

THEsocalledfan
09-20-2020, 03:40 PM
Just wait until they announce Tues, we'd night games in the spring to accommodate already scheduled events for the teams with domes.

That better be a joke......

Bisonator98
09-21-2020, 01:37 PM

So they say. They also said we couldn't get anyone to play and then schedule the one game. I don't believe much of what Matt Larson tells us anymore.

Bison03
09-21-2020, 04:20 PM
So they say. They also said we couldn't get anyone to play and then schedule the one game. I don't believe much of what Matt Larson tells us anymore.
A little research will give you truth. They were trying to get games and could not find 3. At the time it was a 3 or nothing model. So they said no games at all. Entz realized the added practice benefits of having a game and wanted an actual game at the end of fall practice instead of just a scrimmage(which they were going to be) It came out between these 2 events that central arkansas was one team that wanted to play. Since now the play one game option was wanted, they scheduled the one game. Pretty simple.

Bisonator98
09-21-2020, 07:51 PM
A little research will give you truth. They were trying to get games and could not find 3. At the time it was a 3 or nothing model. So they said no games at all. Entz realized the added practice benefits of having a game and wanted an actual game at the end of fall practice instead of just a scrimmage(which they were going to be) It came out between these 2 events that central arkansas was one team that wanted to play. Since now the play one game option was wanted, they scheduled the one game. Pretty simple.

So you and they say.......

56BISON73
09-21-2020, 07:54 PM

Plus it was a 3 game deal with UCA which was why it came together.

ndsubison1
09-21-2020, 07:57 PM
UMass wants to play a limited fall schedule now.

G_Funky
09-21-2020, 09:15 PM
UMass wants to play a limited fall schedule now.

So is the situation fluid? We said no fall season, now we're playing a game, and so if someone calls us up to play can we agree to terms and now play more than one game?

blackdiamond2
09-21-2020, 09:52 PM
Citadel wants games too now.

Gully
09-21-2020, 10:35 PM
What the hell.....let's play two more!

El_Chapo
09-21-2020, 11:15 PM
SIU MSU playing

Rock
09-22-2020, 03:33 PM
The one year that Notre Dame joined a conference?

I'm not terribly impressed with his leadership recently either, but for exactly the opposite reasons I suspect that your are.

Great point. Just hide and wait. Try and appease both sides.

Lukewarm gets spit out.

But it looks like a lot of new information since decisions were made (Big10 back etc) so opportunity to adjust response.

Also if the pac12 plays- Larson better be on ESPN calling oregon out for a game or our money.

THEsocalledfan
09-22-2020, 07:17 PM
I have it on good authority that NDSU has contacted every division 1 program and can't get any takers for 2 more games.

TransAmBison
09-22-2020, 07:23 PM
I have it on good authority that NDSU has contacted every division 1 program and can't get any takers for 2 more games.I believe that was true...but I am wondering if they've gone through everyone a second or third time. Things have changed...some programs may be willing where they weren't before. I guess I wouldn't assume either way. Maybe I should give ML a call. :rofl:

abc123
09-22-2020, 09:28 PM
I have it on good authority that NDSU has contacted every division 1 program and can't get any takers for 2 more games.

On terms that both sides deem acceptable. There are still games out there to be had, but no one has a ton of leverage right now. NDSU admittedly turned down games because the terms weren't up to what they thought was "fair".

southcliffbison
09-22-2020, 09:35 PM
On terms that both sides deem acceptable. There are still games out there to be had, but no one has a ton of leverage right now. NDSU admittedly turned down games because the terms weren't up to what they thought was "fair".

Paging Matt Larsen: Please give us your definition of "fair".

JohnnyExtacy
09-22-2020, 11:42 PM
Paging Matt Larsen: Please give us your definition of "fair".

Matt Larson: NDSU not having to scrape the bottom of its cash barrel just to play a football game.

More than one P5 team wanted to host the game AND have NDSU pay them to travel to play, aside from NDSU's own travel expenses. Another argued that NDSU would have to pay a portion of the lost wages from their home ticket/concession sales that they lost due to extremely limited fans allowed to attend.

abc123
09-23-2020, 12:23 AM
Matt Larson: NDSU not having to scrape the bottom of its cash barrel just to play a football game.

More than one P5 team wanted to host the game AND have NDSU pay them to travel to play, aside from NDSU's own travel expenses. Another argued that NDSU would have to pay a portion of the lost wages from their home ticket/concession sales that they lost due to extremely limited fans allowed to attend.

And there were others that were offering better deals to have NDSU travel to their place than NDSU was offering to teams to come to Fargo. There were options, some better than others. UCA didn't have a problem taking a deal that wasn't exactly in their favor.

56BISON73
09-23-2020, 12:25 AM
And there were others that were offering better deals to have NDSU travel to their place than NDSU was offering to teams to come to Fargo. There were options, some better than others. UCA didn't have a problem taking a deal that wasn't exactly in their favor.

Examples and details?

southcliffbison
09-23-2020, 12:28 AM

Excuse me, but this seems a bit farfetched; P5 wanted to host AND have NDSU pay them to play ?????? Really ????? Where in the hell do you hear this ? Sorry if I'm a Doubting Thomas, but this seems a bit too much to swallow.

SDbison
09-23-2020, 01:54 AM
Excuse me, but this seems a bit farfetched; P5 wanted to host AND have NDSU pay them to play ?????? Really ????? Where in the hell do you hear this ? Sorry if I'm a Doubting Thomas, but this seems a bit too much to swallow. Sounds like Bullshit to me........smells like it too!

SDbison
09-23-2020, 01:57 AM

More than one P5 team wanted to host the game AND have NDSU pay them to travel to play, aside from NDSU's own travel expenses. Another argued that NDSU would have to pay a portion of the lost wages from their home ticket/concession sales that they lost due to extremely limited fans allowed to attend. Even if half true, ML doing a great job keeping NDSU football from getting exposure and games they deserve.

El_Chapo
09-23-2020, 03:48 AM
Even if half true, ML doing a great job keeping NDSU football from getting exposure and games they deserve.

Scared. Plain and Simple. Leadership requires sticking your neck out and pushing boundaries. NDSU had a chance to be incredible... but just golly gee, aw shucks small town vibe....

ByeSonBusiness
09-23-2020, 04:31 AM
Great point. Just hide and wait. Try and appease both sides.

Lukewarm gets spit out.

But it looks like a lot of new information since decisions were made (Big10 back etc) so opportunity to adjust response.

Also if the pac12 plays- Larson better be on ESPN calling oregon out for a game or our money.

Nobody is getting a dime for that. Better just accept that and move on.

56BISON73
09-23-2020, 05:14 AM
Examples and details?

Crickets. Just as I thought.

abc123
09-23-2020, 02:28 PM
Crickets. Just as I thought.

Fargo media reported multiple P5 teams that offered to pay NDSU but they were "lowballed". They also reported that NDSU had significantly cut the guarantee they were offering (which is understandable given the circumstances). Only paying UCA $100K (plus a home/home) is proof that is accurate. These are just the things that are public and not coming from people connected. Maybe the same people that were stating P5 were asking NDSU to pay them to come to their stadiums??

Sorry I had better things to do last night than look things up for you. Google it. Learn.

El_Chapo
09-23-2020, 02:54 PM
Fargo media reported multiple P5 teams that offered to pay NDSU but they were "lowballed". They also reported that NDSU had significantly cut the guarantee they were offering (which is understandable given the circumstances). Only paying UCA $100K (plus a home/home) is proof that is accurate. These are just the things that are public and not coming from people connected. Maybe the same people that were stating P5 were asking NDSU to pay them to come to their stadiums??

Sorry I had better things to do last night than look things up for you. Google it. Learn.

siouxboy is probably right here. I don't know why the hell we didn't take ANY LOWBALL FBS GAME OFFER!

Professor Chaos
09-23-2020, 04:59 PM
siouxboy is probably right here. I don't know why the hell we didn't take ANY LOWBALL FBS GAME OFFER!
I do. Because it will be a money loser for the program. Maybe that's ok with you. Maybe you think that it's worth it to lose some money in order to play more football. That's your prerogative but if you're actually in position to make those decisions you have to deal with the consequences of pushing the AD further into the red. Do you tell some AD staffers or coaches that they have to be furloughed or laid off so we can play more football games? Do you tell some student-athletes that their scholarships will be reduced or cut so we can play more football games? These aren't easy decisions to make.

El_Chapo
09-23-2020, 05:55 PM
I do. Because it will be a money loser for the program. Maybe that's ok with you. Maybe you think that it's worth it to lose some money in order to play more football. That's your prerogative but if you're actually in position to make those decisions you have to deal with the consequences of pushing the AD further into the red. Do you tell some AD staffers or coaches that they have to be furloughed or laid off so we can play more football games? Do you tell some student-athletes that their scholarships will be reduced or cut so we can play more football games? These aren't easy decisions to make.

if NDSU got offerred $100k and flights/hotels/meals from a Big 12 or ACC or CUSA and didn't take it, that's ridiculous. Marketing/Branding/National Opps is kinda important too ya know

56BISON73
09-23-2020, 05:59 PM
if NDSU got offerred $100k and flights/hotels/meals from a Big 12 or ACC or CUSA and didn't take it, that's ridiculous. Marketing/Branding/National Opps is kinda important too ya know

There is going to be a huge shortfall in revenue but youre ok with losing more money???? :judges:

ThunderDan
09-23-2020, 06:25 PM
Let's get Jackson St. scheduled for next year or the year after...With Deion being the coach, it will be a media darling for his first year (he claims he has some big name people coming on as assistants)
Get them in the Fargodome ASAP!

Professor Chaos
09-23-2020, 06:39 PM
That's one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it is the boat is taking on water and instead of pushing further into the storm in the name of marketing, branding, or national opponents we need to pull back and prioritize keeping it afloat. There's no ideal strategy here... either way it requires some sacrifices be made.

westnodak93bison
09-23-2020, 07:53 PM
There is going to be a huge shortfall in revenue but youre ok with losing more money???? :judges:Would the department lose money on the deal he just mentioned?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

gumby013
09-24-2020, 08:17 PM
Schedule released.

https://gobison.com/news/2020/9/24/eight-game-spring-schedule-set-for-valley-football.aspx

October 3 - CENTRAL ARKANSAS
February 21 - YOUNGSTOWN STATE*
March 6 - at Indiana State*
March 13 - ILLINOIS STATE*
March 20 - at South Dakota*
March 27 - at Missouri State*
April 3 - SOUTH DAKOTA STATE*
April 10 - at Northern Iowa*
April 17 - NORTH DAKOTA*

TAILG8R
09-24-2020, 08:46 PM
Sunday huh? Interesting

Professor Chaos
09-24-2020, 09:39 PM
If they're able to play the regular season and the playoffs as currently scheduled they could be on their 11th straight Saturday of playing a football game by the time the national championship rolls around on 5/15.

Bison03
09-24-2020, 10:01 PM
Not sure why we open on a Sunday. Its not like there is any events scheduled at the dome. Looking at the other schedules, there are some Thursday and Friday games. Strange. Oh well, guess we will have some Tailgating church in the west lot! Can I get an Amen!!

bruinbison
09-24-2020, 10:08 PM
If they're able to play the regular season and the playoffs as currently scheduled they could be on their 11th straight Saturday of playing a football game by the time the national championship rolls around on 5/15.

At least they can take advantage of extra depth via the 2020/21 eligibility rule. Even if it was just the regular 4 game redshirt rule, that is really helpful...

Would think the 1st game being on a Sunday is a chance for nationwide tv...

Can’t wait for the Spring Season Great Quarterback Debate to begin...:)

1998braves64
09-24-2020, 10:14 PM
Maybe a dome event (home show/boat show) that weekend? But that would mean it would need to end Saturday to get the dome turned by Sunday?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

roadwarrior
09-24-2020, 11:44 PM
Not sure why we open on a Sunday. Its not like there is any events scheduled at the dome. Looking at the other schedules, there are some Thursday and Friday games. Strange. Oh well, guess we will have some Tailgating church in the west lot! Can I get an Amen!!

The high school state wrestling tournament is scheduled Fed 18-20
The last weekend of February is the normal time for the home show

Not sure at this point whether those two events will go as planned, but they most likely have the Fargodome dates locked up.

Bisonator98
09-25-2020, 11:51 AM
So there gonna play on turf that's been frozen for a 2-3 months? That should be an injury fest. Then expect them to start again in 2-3 months next fall? Man this is stupid.

1998braves64
09-25-2020, 12:05 PM
So there gonna play on turf that's been frozen for a 2-3 months? That should be an injury fest. Then expect them to start again in 2-3 months next fall? Man this is stupid.I think this would only apply to SDSU. The others are far enough south that they'd just be mud holes??

Professor Chaos
09-25-2020, 12:09 PM
I think this would only apply to SDSU. The others are far enough south that they'd just be mud holes??

Everyone in the conference has artificial turf now so no mud... just wet rubber pellets.

scottietohottie
09-25-2020, 01:09 PM
Schedule released.

https://gobison.com/news/2020/9/24/eight-game-spring-schedule-set-for-valley-football.aspx

October 3 - CENTRAL ARKANSAS
February 21 - YOUNGSTOWN STATE*
March 6 - at Indiana State*
March 13 - ILLINOIS STATE*
March 20 - at South Dakota*
March 27 - at Missouri State*
April 3 - SOUTH DAKOTA STATE*
April 10 - at Northern Iowa*
April 17 - NORTH DAKOTA*

I can't just pause calving! gosh dang it.

Bisonator98
09-25-2020, 01:18 PM
Everyone in the conference has artificial turf now so no mud... just wet rubber pellets.

Yeah that's fun to play on when it's frozen. Remember the 2017 ISUr game and it wasn't even that cold, now add in fricking freezing temps to begin with.......

NDSU92
09-25-2020, 01:19 PM
I think this would only apply to SDSU. The others are far enough south that they'd just be mud holes??

Youngstown State gets pretty cold in March and also receives about a foot of snow each March on average.

roadwarrior
09-25-2020, 01:20 PM
Only two of our spring games are outdoors. Terre Haute and Springfield.

NDSU92
09-25-2020, 01:22 PM
Only two of our spring games are outdoors. Terre Haute and Springfield.

Yes, not really a problem for us. SDSU and Youngstown may have a fun go of it though

mtoutfitter
09-25-2020, 01:38 PM
I can't just pause calving! gosh dang it.

Just give them all a shot of lutalyse when spring football starts.

Professor Chaos
09-25-2020, 01:50 PM
Yeah that's fun to play on when it's frozen. Remember the 2017 ISUr game and it wasn't even that cold, now add in fricking freezing temps to begin with.......
Can't argue with that... if it's even a slightly late spring things are going to get sketchy with those March games in Brookings and elsewhere. Luckily for NDSU 6 of their 8 games will be indoors and one of the outdoor games will be in Springfield, MO who should hopefully be thawed out long before 3/27. That 3/6 game in Terre Haute, IN is the only one I'd worry about.

tony
09-25-2020, 02:02 PM
Can't argue with that... if it's even a slightly late spring things are going to get sketchy with those March games in Brookings and elsewhere. Luckily for NDSU 6 of their 8 games will be indoors and one of the outdoor games will be in Springfield, MO who should hopefully be thawed out long before 3/27. That 3/6 game in Terre Haute, IN is the only one I'd worry about.

I've told people out here that I got off a plane on March 7th in Fargo. It was a beautiful, sunny day.

It was also -7 degrees with a 20mph wind and getting from the terminal to the used car lot was like a scene from THE THING.

Funny how memory works... looking back, I thought I got in around 5pm but if it was -7, I got in at 10am. So maybe it was +7. And I'd have sworn the wind was from the north, not the south.

https://www.wunderground.com/history/daily/us/nd/fargo/KFAR/date/2008-3-7

CaBisonFan
09-25-2020, 03:34 PM
It's probably somewhere else on this thread, or another... but who will be the spring quarterback?

roadwarrior
09-25-2020, 04:07 PM
It's probably somewhere else on this thread, or another... but who will be the spring quarterback?

Trey Lance. Unless something changes. Does that cover it?

El_Chapo
09-25-2020, 04:12 PM
Trey Lance. Unless something changes. Does that cover it?

0.00% chance of Trey Lance being there.

Zeb Noland in the Spring and should be thanking Trey!

JohnnyExtacy
09-25-2020, 04:34 PM
I've heard Lance is not planning to play Spring ball and the team knows, but won't make anything official because of slim chance of injury (hopefully not).

Kevin
09-25-2020, 04:42 PM
Does this team win the asterisk national championship with anyone at QB not named Trey Lance?

NDSU92
09-25-2020, 04:49 PM
I've heard Lance is not planning to play Spring ball and the team knows, but won't make anything official because of slim chance of injury (hopefully not).

If he throws has a couple picks or a mediocre performance (highly doubt it) I would expect him back. The main thing going for him right now is that he has had 0 bad games. He’s also only had like 15 great games.

DBRJake
09-25-2020, 05:00 PM
Just give them all a shot of lutalyse when spring football starts.

If they’re that far along you’ll need to give dex too.

EC8CH
09-25-2020, 05:23 PM
Does this team win the asterisk national championship with anyone at QB not named Trey Lance?

Does Lakes have any eligibility left?

Kevin
09-25-2020, 05:33 PM
Does Lakes have any eligibility left?

Lakes surrendered his eligibility when he was drafted the NY Yankees in 1996.

IndyBison
09-25-2020, 05:36 PM
Can't argue with that... if it's even a slightly late spring things are going to get sketchy with those March games in Brookings and elsewhere. Luckily for NDSU 6 of their 8 games will be indoors and one of the outdoor games will be in Springfield, MO who should hopefully be thawed out long before 3/27. That 3/6 game in Terre Haute, IN is the only one I'd worry about.Indiana weather is much more mild than Fargo. Most days in the winter are 30s or 40s. Very rarely are highs below 20. It only takes one cold day to be miserable (2017 ISUr) so anything is possible. March could be 30 or 70. I got married March 1 and it was 65 degrees that day.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MNLonghorn10
09-25-2020, 06:14 PM
So there gonna play on turf that's been frozen for a 2-3 months? That should be an injury fest. Then expect them to start again in 2-3 months next fall? Man this is stupid.

Just use those machines with the torches on the bottom that they used to thaw the field in for the ice bowl between Dallas and Green Bay

bruinbison
09-29-2020, 08:30 PM
Wrong thread...

bisonfanette
10-01-2020, 06:14 AM
Received a call from comfort suites Frisco asking if we wanted our rooms for May 15 & 16 for the fcs National championship game?

EC8CH
10-01-2020, 09:50 AM
Received a call from comfort suites Frisco asking if we wanted our rooms for May 15 & 16 for the fcs National championship game?

Ok. That's pretty baller.

Nel360
10-01-2020, 01:25 PM
Received a call from comfort suites Frisco asking if we wanted our rooms for May 15 & 16 for the fcs National championship game?Ask for the spring discount [emoji869]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SDbison
10-01-2020, 10:44 PM
Article in NY Times today about FCS pushing football to Spring: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/01/sports/ncaafootball/college-football-fcs.html

tony
10-02-2020, 09:12 AM
Article in NY Times today about FCS pushing football to Spring: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/01/sports/ncaafootball/college-football-fcs.html

I like that their photo for the story is Trey Lance from the national championship game.

bison_by_blood
10-02-2020, 09:30 AM
I like that their photo for the story is Trey Lance from the national championship game.

I’ve seen Trey in so many photos on national websites that it’s just normal now. Hardly blink an eye...

El_Chapo
10-05-2020, 05:06 AM
well that was fun .

No_Skill
10-05-2020, 01:01 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/57f7537e482082bbc9e2e54d8d6388cf/tenor.gif?itemid=7454022

heffray
10-05-2020, 01:58 PM
So, burning question... will the spring season be referred to as the 2020 season still? Or the 2021 season? Kind of like how the championship game happens in the following year, but the team that wins is referred to as the champion of the previous year.

Ok maybe not the same. My opinion is that they are likely to be referred to as the 2021 Spring season and the 2021 Fall season. But, honestly I could see them still referring to the Spring season as the 2020 delayed season or something.

The Great Randini
10-05-2020, 03:41 PM
Well another undefeated season in the books

Hammerhead
10-05-2020, 03:49 PM
I could still see the FCS champion crowned in May (if there really is a spring season) still be in the record books as the 2020 champion.

So, burning question... will the spring season be referred to as the 2020 season still? Or the 2021 season? Kind of like how the championship game happens in the following year, but the team that wins is referred to as the champion of the previous year.

Ok maybe not the same. My opinion is that they are likely to be referred to as the 2021 Spring season and the 2021 Fall season. But, honestly I could see them still referring to the Spring season as the 2020 delayed season or something.

JMB
10-05-2020, 03:59 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/57f7537e482082bbc9e2e54d8d6388cf/tenor.gif?itemid=7454022

I hear you. Its like, "Wow that was it? Now what?"

heffray
10-05-2020, 04:06 PM

NDSU: Fine. It is fucking joke anyvay... After all, I am payink you vith your money...
FCS: What did you just say?
NDSU: Your money... I’m still up tventy grand from last time I stick it in you... *cluck cluck cluck*

Professor Chaos
10-05-2020, 04:36 PM
I could still see the FCS champion crowned in May (if there really is a spring season) still be in the record books as the 2020 champion.
It would be really confusing if that championship banner hanging in the Fargodome had 2021 on there twice. :biggrin:

HerdThat!
11-11-2020, 03:53 PM
Has anyone else noticed that our game to start the spring schedule vs Youngstown is on a Sunday??
I can’t recall other days of the week watching an NDSU game other than Saturday and the Friday night playoff games and te K-State game - others I’m forgetting?

Now we can say this entire team “is gonna play on Sundays”.

PattyBison
11-11-2020, 04:12 PM
Has anyone else noticed that our game to start the spring schedule vs Youngstown is on a Sunday??
I can’t recall other days of the week watching an NDSU game other than Saturday and the Friday night playoff games and te K-State game - others I’m forgetting?

Now we can say this entire team “is gonna play on Sundays”.

There were some Thursday season openers in the 2000s that I recall.

oldmantutters
11-11-2020, 04:28 PM
There were some Thursday season openers in the 2000s that I recall.Thursday night games were fucking awesome. Football and then close down the Turf.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1998braves64
11-11-2020, 10:47 PM
Labor day weekend used to have Thursday night game.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

TAILG8R
11-11-2020, 10:57 PM
Florida A&M opts out of spring football

https://famuathletics.com/news/2020/11/11/general-florida-am-athletics-opts-out-of-2021-spring-football-volleyball-and-indoor-track-field-competition.aspx

Hammersmith
11-12-2020, 11:25 AM
Thursday night games were fucking awesome. Football and then close down the Turf.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Those were stressful weeks for the band. LOL

Band was typically 40-50% rookies that had never marched before. Check in Fri night. Practice Sat all day, Sun afternoon-evening, Mon all day. Then an hour and a half practice on Tue and Wed afternoons. Perform Thurs night for 15k+. Plus sneak in uniform checkout somewhere in there. Fun times, fun times.

ndsubison1
11-12-2020, 02:49 PM
We had a Thursday night opener when Mertens/Walker was QB (dont remember). That was a blast.

HandoEX
11-12-2020, 03:02 PM
We had a Thursday night opener when Mertens/Walker was QB (dont remember). That was a blast.

2008 Austin Peay was on a Thursday as was Concordia St Paul in 2006 and Arkansas Monticello in 2005.

El_Chapo
11-12-2020, 10:13 PM

We had christmas lights up in the Rainforest ....ahhh

80ALUM
11-13-2020, 12:19 AM

There were fireworks after in the tailgating lot.

El_Chapo
11-13-2020, 12:27 AM
There were fireworks after in the tailgating lot.

yup and people partied out in the lots until about Midnight, 1am it was Freedom and it was awesome!

westnodak93bison
11-13-2020, 02:34 AM
Those were stressful weeks for the band. LOL

Band was typically 40-50% rookies that had never marched before. Check in Fri night. Practice Sat all day, Sun afternoon-evening, Mon all day. Then an hour and a half practice on Tue and Wed afternoons. Perform Thurs night for 15k+. Plus sneak in uniform checkout somewhere in there. Fun times, fun times.The band drinks milk.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk