Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Photo Gallery from FCS Championship

Default Re: Photo Gallery from FCS Championship

Which game FCS or FBS? How high? Could a person see the planes?

Quote Originally Posted by ACECON View Post
    Which game FCS or FBS? How high? Could a person see the planes?
    Last year's FCS Championship game. More impressive in person -- especially when they poured the coals to it right after they got past the stadium.

Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Last year's FCS Championship game. More impressive in person -- especially when they poured the coals to it right after they got past the stadium.

Looking around the stadium with all of the Bison fans going nuts and then the fly over---That was off the hook. Just crazy!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Neat that they flew that low. Usually all you see is the end trails, at least the places I've been. Did they also have a flyover in 2012?

Neat that they flew that low. Usually all you see is the end trails, at least the places I've been. Did they also have a flyover in 2012?

Nope believe it was cancelled due to heavy cloud cover at game time? Remember hearing something along those lines.

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone.

Our farm north of Bismarck used to be on the flight path for training for those planes. They do get low. Once I saw one just a little higher than the rural transmission lines used to deliver electricity to the farm. Not far off the ground. And sometimes I would look up when driving tractor, and they would open up the doors underneath the plane to drop bombs, right on me. Well . fake bombs anyway. Back then, training runs happened all the time, day and night, and they would fly right over our house and it was nerve wracking.

How loud are B-52's that low? Like compared to F-15's, ect? Louder, the same?

I can't compare. No baseline to draw from. On how loud - can't remember exactly, but loud enough to put my hands over my ears. I didn't even like it when driving a tractor without a cab (and yes, they flew over me many, many times). And to wake me up in the middle of the night and startle me --- many times. However, please understand, I not complaining. I fully support our military for keeping things safe.

When I was a lad, a buddy and I decided to go camping in the woods on one of his uncle's farms near Emerado. That night a B-52 came low over our camping spot. Maybe it was the situation but it felt like the world had just been thrown into a really big garbage disposal. So, yeah, louder than an F-15.

very loud they occasionally fly over my parents house SW of minot you can hear them even when they're at 20,000 ft + or whatever they "typically" fly at in that area. Very distinctive sound to them and when they fly low as mentioned extremely loud especially when they goose the engines!

If you're an enemy combatant it likely will be the sound you do not want to hear.

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone.