Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FCS Week 6 Thread

Default Re: FCS Week 6 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Are they eligible for an at-large playoff bid? They do have an FBS win and a win at New Hampshire. Decent resume that will get stronger if they beat Lehigh.
    Fordham beat Villanova an also notched a win over my horrifically bad Temple Owls. Fordham is a a lock for a at-large bid with a win this weekend. Honestly, the winner on Saturday has a great chance to run the table and be one of the 8 seeds.

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Lehigh Owl View Post
    Fordham beat Villanova an also notched a win over my horrifically bad Temple Owls. Fordham is a a lock for a at-large bid with a win this weekend. Honestly, the winner on Saturday has a great chance to run the table and be one of the 8 seeds.
    With that said, I'll be cheering for Lehigh this weekend. Fordham has to be undefeated to get an at-large birth and I really don't want to see two Patriot League teams in the playoffs.

As I type that, I'm quickly remembering that there aren't that many elite teams, so maybe a 11-1 Fordham and 11-0 Lehigh could both get in. Even if Lehigh runs the table, I think they will have to play in the opening weekend. They don't have any quality wins (save Fordham) to justify it. New Hampshire is gonna have to start blowing teams out to make a 7-point win look a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    With that said, I'll be cheering for Lehigh this weekend. Fordham has to be undefeated to get an at-large birth and I really don't want to see two Patriot League teams in the playoffs.

As I type that, I'm quickly remembering that there aren't that many elite teams, so maybe a 11-1 Fordham and 11-0 Lehigh could both get in. Even if Lehigh runs the table, I think they will have to play in the opening weekend. They don't have any quality wins (save Fordham) to justify it. New Hampshire is gonna have to start blowing teams out to make a 7-point win look a lot better.
    Fordham DOES NOT have to go undefeated to make the playoffs. 11-1 with a win over Villanova and FBS Temple will be more than enough to get a bid. Don't forget, they expanded the playoffs this year to 24.

I think you're looking into what happened last year too much. Lehigh got a bye in 2011 with a 10-1 record. UNH is still a quality win (obviously subject to change) and Princeton could be as well.

Fordham DOES NOT have to go undefeated to make the playoffs. 11-1 with a win over Villanova and FBS Temple will be more than enough to get a bid. Don't forget, they expanded the playoffs this year to 24.

I think you're looking into what happened last year too much. Lehigh got a bye in 2011 with a 10-1 record. UNH is still a quality win (obviously subject to change) and Princeton could be as well.
    I think you stopped reading after where you bolded. I couldn't even finish the post before I changed my mind. Nova has been pretty underwhelming to me thus far and a Temple win is more impressive if you just call it an FBS win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    I think you stopped reading after where you bolded. I couldn't even finish the post before I changed my mind. Nova has been pretty underwhelming to me thus far and a Temple win is more impressive if you just call it an FBS win.
    Villanova underwhelming? They've beaten SBU (losses to FBS Buffalo, #2 Towson and Villanova) and Penn (Pre-season IL favorite) the last two weeks by a combined score of 70-12. Their only losses are two a very good Fordham team and a decent FBS Boston College squad. Villanova gets W&M on the Main Line this weekend to keep the positive mojo going. Villanova could be a serious challenger to NDSU come December. They are loaded....

Villanova underwhelming? They've beaten SBU (losses to FBS Buffalo, #2 Towson and Villanova) and Penn (Pre-season IL favorite) the last two weeks by a combined score of 70-12. Their only losses are two a very good Fordham team and a decent FBS Boston College squad. Villanova gets W&M on the Main Line this weekend to keep the positive mojo going. Villanova could be a serious challenger to NDSU come December. They are loaded....
    agreed. fordham is looking good and bc isnt a bad loss. they returned 18 starters from a playoff team. theyll be a threat in the playoffs

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Patriot will get two teams in, unless Fordham absolutely implodes, but that won't happen. The Socon will get only one this year I think. OVC probably get two as well. And then there is the Big South who could get at least 2 in if things break right...going to be an interesting playoff selection if some of these hot teams stay hot.

I compare Nova to UNI from last year - tons of talent but early season losses doomed their season. I hope they continue to win as the FCS needs it's best teams in the playoffs to get as many good matchups as possible.

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

If you have Direct TV you can find the following games on these channels....
    Lehigh at Fordham 221
    UNH at Towson 630
    WIU at ISUR 665
    UNI at NDSU 652-1(HD) and 626
    Portland State at Montana 101, 239, 334, 500 and 687

SDSU vs SIU in the mud in Brookings. Glad it's not us there this week. The pasture is going to be terrible. It's already in bad shape... SIU typically has a pretty stout run d... I'm betting Zenner goes for less than 15 zenners today. An SIU win wouldn't shock me.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.