Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU - UND matchup in 15 and 17?

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU - UND matchup in 15 and 17?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    And there is UND trying to nuzzle there way in on our success.

Key part of article with bolded part for proving not everyone thinks correctly.

"North Dakota State can fill up the stadium anyway, but it’d be a great money-maker for both schools, I think,"
    Bingo. Anytime NDSU has success the media does their best to bring up UND as well. I have come to expect it. Notice that Lou Holtz doesn't say where the game should be played. We all know the real problem with playing UND is playing at the Tin Shed.

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    Lou was in Grand Forks and pandering to the folks up there that are starved to see a decent football team. NDSU needs to just say NO!
    Yeah, because the non conference game against Ferris State is much more awe inspiring than playing UND in football… Am I right? Please!

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EricB View Post
    Yeah, because the non conference game against Ferris State is much more awe inspiring than playing UND in football… Am I right? Please!
    Vs Kansas state?

Default NDSU - UND matchup in 15 and 17?

We will play UN_ every year in Fargo, that has never been the issue. Why would NDSU forego a sold out game(even if its against the sisters of the poor) to travel to UN_? Or are they suppose to give up beating an FBS opponent and getting paid for it?
    Last edited by TAILG8R; 09-18-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Great espn article about the montana vs und game.

GRAND FORKS, N.D. -- Jordan Johnson threw five touchdown passes as Montana erased an early North Dakota lead to defeat the Bison 55-17 on Saturday night.

The Griz (2-0) reeled off 33 unanswered points after falling behind 7-0 just minutes after the opening kickoff. Johnson, who completed 15 of 19 passes for 354 yards, threw 3 TDs in the first quarter and two more late in the game.

North Dakota(1-2) scored first on a Joe Mollberg pass to Blair Townsend, but didn't get on the board again until a Zeb Miller field goal 51 seconds before the half. The Bison had torched Montana's secondary last year, Greg Hardin setting a Big Sky single-game receiving record of 333 yards. Hardin was held to 46 yards on five catches Saturday.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=332570155

Saturday was a nonconference game.

The Griz last won in Grand Forks in 1971. The teams did not play between 1973 and 2010.

Attendance would have been the same...Just sayin'
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Attendance would have been the same...Just sayin'
    Probably not... just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by heckler_of_the_north View Post
    Vs Kansas state?
    Yep we would only get a kstate type game every 2 years since we'd be going to the tin shed every other.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Probably not... just sayin
    How do you figure?

The Fargodome can only hold so many people per the building's fire code...The FSU game saw 18,979 in the stands and in the standing-room areas...The all-time record for attendance is 19,065, which happened last year against YSU. The most ever in attendance for a UN_ game is 19,046 back in 2002...60-80 in relation to the thousands that already attend games regardless opponent don't matter much.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

I am guessing UN_ would have been thumped a bit worse than Ferris State. Interesting that Ferris had the balls to accept the contract when the GFCCC and some other Big Fluff team either refused contracts in the past or cancelled them going into this year.

Ferris State > Big Fluff!
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin