Page 60 of 230 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Recruiting Summary

jarhead is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2013 Recruiting Summary

2013 commits Brad Ambrosius and Alex Hahn are finalists for WSN's Tim Krumrie Award, awarded annually to the top D lineman in the state and Adihia Bell is a finalist fot the Elroy
    "Crazy Legs" Hirsch award, which is awarded to the top RB in the state each year. Adihia is also the Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinal's co-player of the week (link below).

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/preps...171080991.html

I am struggling to find the rules the tell the difference between official and unofficial rules for player visits. Anyone with good google skills it would be qwesome if you could post them here.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    I am struggling to find the rules the tell the difference between official and unofficial rules for player visits. Anyone with good google skills it would be qwesome if you could post them here.
    Per the NCAA website. http://http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/c...ble/Recruiting. Any visit to a college campus by a college-bound student-athlete or his or her parents paid for by the college is an official visit. Visits paid for by college-bound student-athletes or their parents are unofficial visits.

During an official visit the college can pay for transportation to and from the college for the prospect, lodging and three meals per day for both the prospect and the parent or guardian, as well as reasonable entertainment expenses including three tickets to a home sports event.

The only expenses a college-bound student-athlete may receive from a college during an unofficial visit are three tickets to a home sports event.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison-Knuckle View Post
    The only expenses a college-bound student-athlete may receive from a college during an unofficial visit are three tickets to a home sports event.
    tickets or sideline passes? is there a difference according to them?

Thanks for your help!!!

tickets or sideline passes? is there a difference according to them?

Thanks for your help!!!
    I think it is just tickets. I think during the game recruits are not suppose to be on the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan7 View Post
    I think it is just tickets. I think during the game recruits are not suppose to be on the sidelines.
    That is my thought also but without confirmation i don't wanna call a certain team out

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison-Knuckle View Post
    Per the NCAA website. http://http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/c...ble/Recruiting. Any visit to a college campus by a college-bound student-athlete or his or her parents paid for by the college is an official visit. Visits paid for by college-bound student-athletes or their parents are unofficial visits.

During an official visit the college can pay for transportation to and from the college for the prospect, lodging and three meals per day for both the prospect and the parent or guardian, as well as reasonable entertainment expenses including three tickets to a home sports event.

Are there limits to official visits or why would an athlete take an unofficial visit?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Are there limits to official visits or why would an athlete take an unofficial visit?
    yes there is a limit. an athlete can only take 5 official visits.

That is my thought also but without confirmation i don't wanna call a certain team out
    I didn't find anything specific but I have heard coaches tell recruits that once the game starts to go to their seats.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan7 View Post
    I didn't find anything specific but I have heard coaches tell recruits that once the game starts to go to their seats.
    that makes sense