Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: north dakota suspends 4 hockey captains

Default Re: north dakota suspends 4 hockey captains

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    If this happened at NDSU, the NDSU campus police would definitely issue citations on the spot.
    Confirmed. No question. Seen it happen.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I read it as Campus Police.
    So campus police don't arrest people for the same crimes that normal police do? <= that's not sarcasm, that's a real question. I had buddies go from campus to jail for drunken hijinks much like Beck's.

Disclaimer: I look upon the GF police with a jaundiced eye. IMO, they couldn't solve a Daily Jumble on their own. Couple an incompetent police department with a media that acts more like the local college's public relations department than actual news sources and you get Grand Forks.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    So campus police don't arrest people for the same crimes that normal police do? <= that's not sarcasm, that's a real question. I had buddies go from campus to jail for drunken hijinks much like Beck's.

Disclaimer: I look upon the GF police with a jaundiced eye. IMO, they couldn't solve a Daily Jumble on their own.
    Actually, I thought Campus Police at UND did exactly that. It is surprising that they issued no citations on the spot.

I should add that I included the word "hazing" with a question mark in a previous post. That was ill-advised. A team party that involves drinking is not necessarily hazing. Jumpiing to conclusions is a bad idea.

Actually, I thought Campus Police at UND did exactly that. It is surprising that they issued no citations on the spot.

I should add that I included the word "hazing" with a question mark in a previous post. That was ill-advised. A team party that involves drinking is not necessarily hazing. Jumpiing to conclusions is a bad idea.
    Over on ss they posted a tweet from one of the captains that it was hazing. Why do you think Faison got involved? Lots more to come.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Strikes me that there is a lot of that going on here. From what I read, police were called to Walsh Hall because there were several drunk minors there, some throwing up, some passed out, etc. I see no mention that the actual consumption and providing of alcohol occurred there. I doubt Kristo and his other captains live in Walsh Hall or on campus, and I doubt the party occurred there. As for the drunk minors, sure citations could have been written there, but why arrest a bunch of drunk kids who really just need go to bed provided they are not at risk of suffering medical problems from over consumption. The police must have found out where the party was and who provided the alcohol, and then wrote up there report and sent it to the State's Attorney-->happens all the time this way. They can't arrest on misdemeanors that did not happen in their presence. Also, if you want to jump to the conclusion that Kristo and his buddies admitted to the party and providing of alcohol and should have been arrested after having done so, then our petition fraud players should have been arrested when they admitted to investigators what they had done (which many say happened). As a private attorney who also acts as a part time State's Attorney for Steele County, ND, I see nothing wrong whatsoever with how UND campus or Grand Spoons police handled this.

Man you guys make a lot of assumptions from very little and somewhat vague information. Maybe I have missed something but, even if I have (other than Kristo and his buddies being at Walsh Hall with alcohol and caught giving it to the minors) I don't believe arrests were warranted.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

So what your really saying is their rookies are pussies and can't hold their liquor?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    So what your really saying is their rookies are pussies and can't hold their liquor?
    I can tell you from personal experience that something very similar to what is being described here happened numerous times at NDSU with the football program at the close of spring ball. I spose you could have called it hazing, but that really wasn't a buzz (no pun intended) word back then.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Over on ss they posted a tweet from one of the captains that it was hazing. Why do you think Faison got involved? Lots more to come.
    I can't find the post you referenced anywhere on SS. Please provide the link. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    I can't find the post you referenced anywhere on SS. Please provide the link. Thank you.
    Don't have the actual tweet but this is what was said on ss.com

http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/1...d/page__st__20

"Hazing incident was confirmed by Kristo. It was reported by one of the Montreal Canadiens' media people on Twitter. "

So what? They're hazing rookie hockey players? Big deal. Aren't their rookies usually 25 year old Canadians anyway?
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!