Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2013 and Beyond

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2013 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Anyone know how he will fit in? From what I have watched from him, he deosn't seem athetic or skilled enough for the 3. He seems like a true 5. Will we have a 6-5 C playing in the Summit for the next few years?
    Dexter is probably a 4/5. I think he was measured at 6'6" when he checked in at NDSU, but he has long arms. I've seen him scrimmaging against guys like Bjorklund and Aaberg. Offensively, he is very skilled. He demands the ball in the low post (maybe better at this than anyone on the current roster) and he is able to get his shot off and score against taller defenders. He is very bulky and difficult to move off the low block. He probably weighs about 260 lb and he is definitely going to need to lose some baby fat and increase his endurance. He seems to have a good attitude and he is fitting in well with his teammates. I think he needs to redshirt and he is a bit of a project, but I also think he has the potential to be a very productive player in the Summit League, especially on the offensive end. Right now, I don't think he could effectively defend a mobile 4-man on the perimeter, but he isn't going to get pushed around in the lane either.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Three from same high school team offered Bison men's basketball scholarships:
    NDSU has offered a full scholarship to three players on the same team – a rarity in Division I basketball.

Guard Jake Showalter, forward Evan Wesenberg and guard LaMonte Bearden will all be juniors at Germantown,
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

I have a feeling we won't be in the picture for a couple of those kids, no?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I have a feeling we won't be in the picture for a couple of those kids, no?
    I'm not sure any of them are Big Ten or BCS players right now, but its still somewhat early. None of them were starters for Germantown last year (Jake Showalter did start some games due to injuries however), which tells you just how good that team was. Their second five probably would have been one of the top ten teams in the state.

EDIT: To clarify, Bearden didn't actually attend Germantown last year, he was at neighboring Homestead High School his first two years and transferred to Germantown in the off-season.
    Last edited by travisWSN; 07-25-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Dexter is probably a 4/5. I think he was measured at 6'6" when he checked in at NDSU, but he has long arms. I've seen him scrimmaging against guys like Bjorklund and Aaberg. Offensively, he is very skilled. He demands the ball in the low post (maybe better at this than anyone on the current roster) and he is able to get his shot off and score against taller defenders. He is very bulky and difficult to move off the low block. He probably weighs about 260 lb and he is definitely going to need to lose some baby fat and increase his endurance. He seems to have a good attitude and he is fitting in well with his teammates. I think he needs to redshirt and he is a bit of a project, but I also think he has the potential to be a very productive player in the Summit League, especially on the offensive end. Right now, I don't think he could effectively defend a mobile 4-man on the perimeter, but he isn't going to get pushed around in the lane either.
    Thanks Kermit - will be fun to watch him develop with the rest of the young ones.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/preps...160785355.html

Zak Showalter (Badger recruit I think) was at 22 PPG and 6' 9" Luke Fischer (Indiana commit) at 16.6 PPG last season off of the JSO site stats. Jake Showalter - 9.3 PPG - LaMonte Bearden - 8.4 PPG
    Evan Wesenberg - 4.7 PPG
    Article says Germantown is the defending Division I state champions.
    With Fischer and the 3 players NDSU offered, and Bearden having a brother on team also,
    wow, what a high school team.....

Quote Originally Posted by travisWSN View Post
    I'm not sure any of them are Big Ten or BCS players right now, but its still somewhat early. None of them were starters for Germantown last year (Jake Showalter did start some games due to injuries however), which tells you just how good that team was. Their second five probably would have been one of the top ten teams in the state.

EDIT: To clarify, Bearden didn't actually attend Germantown last year, he was at neighboring Homestead High School his first two years and transferred to Germantown in the off-season.
    Didn't one of those kids have a Penn State offer? Obviously, not a basketball powerhouse, but it's still B1G.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    After watching the Lion's the last couple nights...we definitely have a "project". Love his attitude, but there is a ways to go.

Updated the first page to reflect the offers to the new Wisconsin recruits as well as a few new players with interst Tyler(2013) and Wilson(2015).
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Didn't one of those kids have a Penn State offer? Obviously, not a basketball powerhouse, but it's still B1G.
    No. The only in-state player with a Penn State offer is to Grafton 2013 forward Scotty Tyler.