Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dorn Suspended

Default Re: Dorn Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by D_One_here_we_come View Post
    For sure a male, probably sexual since he said "no comment" on that question. But then answered "no" on racial. In situations like this "no comment" = yes, and "no" = no.
    It was "no" on the racial question first and then "no comment" on the sexual second. Still a mistake, he should have no commented both but, at least to me it's less conclusive than if he'd 'no comment'ed first and 'no'ed second. At least it's possible that he realized commenting on the first question was a mistake and that's why he 'no comment'ed the second question. If it were the other way around then I think its very hard to get away from the idea that 'no comment' = 'yes'. It's still hard to get away from that implication but its not impossible.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

FWIW, there's a separate policy for sexual harassment (policy 162.) Dorn is being suspended using the policy 163 language.

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    FWIW, there's a separate policy for sexual harassment (policy 162.) Dorn is being suspended using the policy 163 language.
    The letter mentions that she had meetings with taylor and evie myers before the suspension. For those of you who do not know, evie myers is the vice president for Equity Diversity & Global Outreach at NDSU.
    North Dakota State Bison | 16 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011

Here's the presser incase any of you missed it, http://740thefan.com/uploads/Lynn%20...Conference.mp3

Quote Originally Posted by ndsustudent89 View Post
    The letter mentions that she had meetings with taylor and evie myers before the suspension. For those of you who do not know, evie myers is the vice president for Equity Diversity & Global Outreach at NDSU.

ooh. not good.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

I hope Dorn didn't use the "S-word" to address a student from Standing Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    I hope Dorn didn't use the "S-word" to address a student from Standing Rock.
    Why would that matter to a UND fan? I thought that you guys abhorred political correctness of any stripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    970 AM just said she is suspended for 2 weeks for I think it was unprofessional conduct.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Why would that matter to a UND fan? I thought that you guys abhorred political correctness of any stripe.
    Naw, not that. I'm worried Jesse Taken Alive would come visiting you folks next.

JustinTyem is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Angry NDSU women's AD Dorn suspended, accused of violating harassment policy