Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Frisco!

Default Re: Welcome to Frisco!

I also forget about a breakfast delicacy which MUST be consumed while in Texas, KOLACHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those of you who have never had the joy to experience these, imagine a breakfast pig-in-the-planket but only much better!! These can be picked up at any local donut shop. My favorite were the ones at "Kolache Heaven" just off Preston Road south of Warren Parkway.

Quote Originally Posted by jon3837 View Post
    I also forget about a breakfast delicacy which MUST be consumed while in Texas, KOLACHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those of you who have never had the joy to experience these, imagine a breakfast pig-in-the-planket but only much better!! These can be picked up at any local donut shop. My favorite were the ones at "Kolache Heaven" just off Preston Road south of Warren Parkway.
    I can vouch for the Kolaches.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

This. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++

BRING BACK SNORTY

Damn Jon....you're killin' me! Gingerman, Flying Saucer, AND kolaches!
    What was I thinking???

There has been quit a bit of talk about local bars, but what about spirits at tailgating. I lived in Frisco from 04-06 and in Richardson from 06-09. I think everyone needs to be aware of the fact that Frisco is situated in Collin County, which mean you cannot buy liquor in Frisco. Collin County is a "Dry County" so you will have to travel to Dallas County or Denton County to buy liquor. If all you want is beer or wine, you can pick that up at your local grocery store in Frisco/Plano.

If you are a beer snob, the best bars in DFW are "The Flying Saucer" in Addison, "The Old Monk" near Downtown Dallas, and "The Gingerman" near McKinney Ave in Dallas. Also, when I lived there, Frisco Bars closed much earlier than bars in neighboring towns. The Down Under Pub was one of the only bars in Frisco and they shut down at midnight, but that may have changed in the last couple years.

Where are the titty bars?

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Where are the titty bars?
    Rent a van my wife will drive!

Quote Originally Posted by heckler_of_the_north View Post
    Rent a van my wife will drive!
    What sort of van will she drive?! Let us know, please!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Bang-Bus? I will pass!!

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

My grandma would make kolaches from scratch all the time. She always had fruit or poppyseed filling. I will be seeking out said kolaches in Frisco!

Quote Originally Posted by bison once View Post
    My grandma would make kolaches from scratch all the time. She always had fruit or poppyseed filling. I will be seeking out said kolaches in Frisco!
    Dude, seriously? We were just talking about titty bars, renting a van to hit all of them up, etc...and you come on here with grandma talk?

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"