Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Officials and announcing crew

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Officials and announcing crew

The guys announcing the game on ESPN 3 are Trey Bender and Jay Taylor according to TSN. I don't know if these guys did a game last week or not, but these guys are the same crew that did our game against Montana State last year, and I think they also did the Southern Illinois game this year. So they are familiar with NDSU a bit, and should be a bit better than Jay Walker and Jim "Froggy" Barber.

What conference are the officials coming from, and does anybody know where the guys from last week were from? I thought the officials last weekend did a good job and just let the teams go at it.

According to the box score, NDSU and JMU each had 4 penalties. NDSU had a chop block, a pass interference, intentional grounding, and a hold. JMU had 3 false starts and a roughing the passer.

Default Re: Officials and announcing crew

I think the officals last week were from the Southland Conference.

I was thinking maybe Ohio Valley conference officals this week?

But the big question is, where is the replay official coming from? (sorry, I had to say it...)
    Hail the Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by dtib View Post
    But the big question is, where is the replay official coming from? (sorry, I had to say it...)
    Based on the location of the game, I would say Big Ten.

Actually, my guess is the following for all four games:

GSU-Maine - SEC
    Mont-UNI - Pac 12 (Fette!)
    NDSU-Lehigh - Big Ten
    SHSU- Mont St. - Big 12
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    The guys announcing the game on ESPN 3 are Trey Bender and Jay Taylor according to TSN. I don't know if these guys did a game last week or not, but these guys are the same crew that did our game against Montana State last year, and I think they also did the Southern Illinois game this year. So they are familiar with NDSU a bit, and should be a bit better than Jay Walker and Jim "Froggy" Barber.

What conference are the officials coming from, and does anybody know where the guys from last week were from? I thought the officials last weekend did a good job and just let the teams go at it.

According to the box score, NDSU and JMU each had 4 penalties. NDSU had a chop block, a pass interference, intentional grounding, and a hold. JMU had 3 false starts and a roughing the passer.
    I noticed that these officials call a late hit too loosely, as opposed to the MVFC calling it very tight. I think that they missed a late hit on us that was very obvious last week. It was an out of bounds play and our player (can't remember who) was about 2-3 steps out of bounds.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    I noticed that these officials call a late hit too loosely, as opposed to the MVFC calling it very tight. I think that they missed a late hit on us that was very obvious last week. It was an out of bounds play and our player (can't remember who) was about 2-3 steps out of bounds.
    I think the valley refs call it too tight. This is tackle football, let the boys play.
    Win or Die Trying

Not a fan of the Valle Officiating crews. Help someone out of bounds and the flag will be thrown.

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post

couldn't be any worse than those two... IMHO, they stunk !!

GO BISON !!
    ~ Home of the Chiefs...Super Bowl LIV, LVII and LVIII Champs !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisontug View Post
    couldn't be any worse than those two... IMHO, they stunk !!

GO BISON !!
    Yeah but they were a 1,000 times better than hammer so I didn't mind them at all. Also crossing my fingers for Bill Fette. He owes us one, BIG TIME.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    With the late hit on us last week that you are talking about, remember if a player is diving for the ball carrier if the defender has already started that dive while the player is in bounds then it is legal. Using that then it was still a very very close call.