Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/14/2011 FCS Polls

Default Re: 10/14/2011 FCS Polls

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

I love it.
    Yeah I had that in mind but it was too obvious.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    And you are obviously new to coherent thought. You're simply out of your depth here. Better put those floatie things back on before you venture out of the wading pool into the adult pool. And you'll have to make sure to wear the waterproof diaper this time.

In 2008, UNI and SIU had identical records that year both in the conference and overall. UNI was ranked significantly and consistently higher in the polls, human and computer, for a majority of the year. Seeding UNI higher than SIU, although interesting, makes sense here.

In 2011, assuming both teams win on Saturday, NDSU and UNI may have identical records in the conference (with NDSU > UNI on the tiebreaker), HOWEVER, NDSU will be 10-1 with 10 (ten) D-I wins. UNI will be 9-2 with 9 (nine) D-I wins. Are you suggesting that UNI's extra loss in addition to the loss head-to-head is somehow going to get them seeded higher so that the NCAA can send another Lehigh to the wastewaer plant to beat you down in front of a half-full house again? That does not make sense.
    That sounds downright logical.

I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1

Preach, son

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    We beat you during the season... Proved it on the field. If UNI is ahead of us in terms of us in seeding, that would be embarassing
    We are ahead of you in the poll this week buddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    And you are obviously new to coherent thought. You're simply out of your depth here. Better put those floatie things back on before you venture out of the wading pool into the adult pool. And you'll have to make sure to wear the waterproof diaper this time.

In 2008, UNI and SIU had identical records that year both in the conference and overall. UNI was ranked significantly and consistently higher in the polls, human and computer, for a majority of the year. Seeding UNI higher than SIU, although interesting, makes sense here.

In 2011, assuming both teams win on Saturday, NDSU and UNI may have identical records in the conference (with NDSU > UNI on the tiebreaker), HOWEVER, NDSU will be 10-1 with 10 (ten) D-I wins. UNI will be 9-2 with 9 (nine) D-I wins. Are you suggesting that UNI's extra loss in addition to the loss head-to-head is somehow going to get them seeded higher so that the NCAA can send another Lehigh to the wastewaer plant to beat you down in front of a half-full house again? That does not make sense.
    You know what doesn't make sense? The number 1 team in the country losing to an unranked team at their very own shed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011 Champions View Post
    We are ahead of you in the poll this week buddie.
    You're that guy. The kid who got his ass kicked at recess on the playground because you just did not get it. And the other guys, you know, the tough guys all felt sorry for you and even cried a bit because it was the cheerleaders that kicked your ass and then to top it off, the dance team took your lunch money.

Follow CAS's advice and leave.

CAS, If you are heading his way, let me know. I have a room waiting for you.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

You know what doesn't make sense? The number 1 team in the country losing to an unranked team at their very own shed.
    Iam sure there is alot in this life that doesnt make sense to you. If you would STFU and listen you just might learn something.
    Remember--nobody ever learned anything while they were talking.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Hambone is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 11/14/2011 FCS Polls

Not to bud in to the pissing match, but I have a question that hopefully someone might have an idea how to answer. As noted earlier, NDSU has a higher Sagarin rating than UNI. Now, this weekend, UNI plays IlSU and NDSU plays WIU. If both win, would a victory over IlSU propel them to a higher rating than NDSU, who is playing a very poor team? Or are they too far ahead of them to make it matter?
    University of North Dakota *THIS SPACE FOR RENT*

Quote Originally Posted by 2011 Chumpions View Post
    You know what doesn't make sense? God's gift to the MVFC having zero (0) national championships to paint on the cinder blocks.
    I'm sure this is what you meant to type.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

You know what makes sense?

NDSU 27 UNI 19