Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Sisters Scores

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Little Sisters Scores

Quote Originally Posted by siouxdgj View Post
    Speaking for myself, I'm damned proud of the team we put on the field Saturday night. Playing against Nebraska a week earlier, Fresno State played, if you will excuse the term...ahem...toe to toe with the Huskers, UND played its heart out. Of course, I realize many of you guys don't recognize moral victories as such, so...
    Considering Kansas beat #16 GT last year we should have at least got an invitation to a bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    There probably won't be a lot of talk about their non-conference schedule, mainly due to playing the South Dakota School of Mimes.
    You know, a mime is a terrible thing to waste.

I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1

Quote Originally Posted by heckler_of_the_north View Post
    Considering Kansas beat #16 GT last year we should have at least got an invitation to a bowl game.
    It doesn't count. For it to be impressive, Kansas would have had to have lost a close game to GT and then NDSU would have had to lose a close game to KU. Two negatives make a positive, I guess.

Remember when SDSU played Nebraska straight up? Well, the Bison should have lost to SDSU like UND did... that was impressive!

The highwater of UND's DI years so far was being mistaken for NDSU. Their most impressive win was a loss.

I keed, I keed. (but if it hurts, it is because it's true. Ditto, if it's funny.)

I actually think UND is a pretty good football team... however, the difference between winning and losing in DI is very small. It'll be interesting to see how UND fares when they start playing a DI schedule - that's sink or swim time. Even now, I think they can beat any FCS team that takes them lightly, but they're not a top 40 team right now (2-8 in their last 10 games is not Top 40 material.)

und is a pretty good football team? there must be a ton of good teams then

Da Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If we beat the Goofers, will the Sue move way up in the Coaches poll??

Hambone is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    It doesn't count. For it to be impressive, Kansas would have had to have lost a close game to GT and then NDSU would have had to lose a close game to KU. Two negatives make a positive, I guess.

Remember when SDSU played Nebraska straight up? Well, the Bison should have lost to SDSU like UND did... that was impressive!

The highwater of UND's DI years so far was being mistaken for NDSU. Their most impressive win was a loss.

I keed, I keed. (but if it hurts, it is because it's true. Ditto, if it's funny.)

I actually think UND is a pretty good football team... however, the difference between winning and losing in DI is very small. It'll be interesting to see how UND fares when they start playing a DI schedule - that's sink or swim time. Even now, I think they can beat any FCS team that takes them lightly, but they're not a top 40 team right now (2-8 in their last 10 games is not Top 40 material.)
    I don't know if I'd say that UND is a pretty good football team. I think they have some really good young talent, but they need to bring it together on a consistent basis and most of all get some effective coaching. I truly believe that coaching will determine if this UND team can make some noise in the Big Sky (even as early as next year), or ajaxnine will be accurate in UND being a potential cellar dweller.

Also, regarding next years OOC schedule (mentioned earlier), there is the terrible Mines game, but they do get Central Arkansas at home and go to San Diego State.
    University of North Dakota *THIS SPACE FOR RENT*

San Diego State should be your first FBS win.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    San Diego State should be your first FBS win.
    You should probably check out their results from last year and thus far this year before making that proclamation.

Bison Dan obviously greatly respects UND football and must think UND is quite good. San Diego State is very good and just on the edge of being a top 25 ranked team in FBS right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Bison Dan obviously greatly respects UND football and must think UND is quite good. San Diego State is very good and just on the edge of being a top 25 ranked team in FBS right now.
    Actually, it's pretty apparent that Bison Dan got SDSU mixed up with South Dakota State University, a team which UND could conceivably beat next year, although recent history would dictate otherwise. This victory, although not moral, could qualify as "improvement", which would pacify teh fanbase until it's time to strap on teh skates, or flip-flops, as the case may be. This would hopefully lead to a long-term contract for Mussman, which I think we can all agree is best for everyone involved.

As a result of Bison Dan's oversight, I have ranked him #21. That seemed like the thing to do.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.