Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Another minor in the long line of NDSU minors

Default Re: Another minor in the long line of NDSU minors

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I heard he killed a man with a trident. Maybe Burgandy can confirm???

Yes, a lame attempt at humor, but I'm bored.....
    I will confirm.....nobody is dead! Haha
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    why do we have the right to know what happened?
    Actually we don't have a "right" to know. What WAS released was a charge of THEFT. To me, that labels the young man in a very bad light.

If the FACT is that he "sampled" a grape or something trivial like that, it makes a huge difference in how I, and most others, perceive the situation.

If the facts never come out, I have no basis to change my current highly unfavorable view of this young man and no punishment dealt out by Saul would be considered too severe.

There aren't many gray areas when it comes to stealing. Two types of people who will never work for me are liars and thieves. If somebody will lie to you, they will steal from you. I have zero time for that type of person.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Actually we don't have a "right" to know. What WAS released was a charge of THEFT. To me, that labels the young man in a very bad light.

If the FACT is that he "sampled" a grape or something trivial like that, it makes a huge difference in how I, and most others, perceive the situation.

If the facts never come out, I have no basis to change my current highly unfavorable view of this young man and no punishment dealt out by Saul would be considered too severe.

There aren't many gray areas when it comes to stealing. Two types of people who will never work for me are liars and thieves. If somebody will lie to you, they will steal from you. I have zero time for that type of person.
    The Complaint/citation is public record, as are the police reports once the case is finalized. So, if people want to know more, they can check court file. In short, we, as taxpayers, DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW. Second, he is receiving a scholarship (paid by teammaker monies and or tax dollars), so that to me increases our RIGHT TO KNOW.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    The Complaint/citation is public record, as are the police reports once the case is finalized. So, if people want to know more, they can check court file. In short, we, as taxpayers, DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW. Second, he is receiving a scholarship (paid by teammaker monies and or tax dollars), so that to me increases our RIGHT TO KNOW.
    I understand. What I meant was that the "details" of what happened aren't something I expect to have now. I understand that Police reports are eventually available.

You might routinely access that stuff but I don't and neither do most people.

If this is truly a minor thing, I expect to get that information without digging for it. Until that time, his name is "Mudd" to me.

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post

OK folks. Now that we have the three strikes faction is going against the boys will be boys party, and the accusation has been made the rumors are all over the place....

We (maybe just I) need some facts! Is a master criminal being incubated in the halls of Bison Athletics or do we have a Barney Fife on the loose???

From the cryptic responses on this board, it sounds like the later.

Rather than having the rumors tear down the character of the Bison and of this young man, lay the facts on the table. If we should be outraged because a serious crime was commited, then the outrage should follow. If a person of responsibility is bent on tearing down an individual who made a mistake while attempting an act of kindness, lay the facts on the table so we can redirect our outrage and point at the absurdity of this situation.

Just like the frostbite incident, keeping the facts away from the public once pandora's box has been opened only hurts the parties involved.

And yes..... Lets quit blasting kids on this board when we do not know the facts, be those kids NDSU athletes, UND athletes, or Ohio State athletes.
    *what, what, and what?!?!

*keeping with the theme of humor attempts on recent posts.
    Go Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I understand. What I meant was that the "details" of what happened aren't something I expect to have now. I understand that Police reports are eventually available.

You might routinely access that stuff but I don't and neither do most people.

If this is truly a minor thing, I expect to get that information without digging for it. Until that time, his name is "Mudd" to me.
    I agree, and, if I were his attorney, I would be talking to Gene and Saul about getting whatever happened out in the public domain asap, thereby "taking the horns off" prior to him pleading or being found guilty and then sentenced. If in public domain now, it will be no big deal when he pleads or is found guilty, and sentenced. Now, if he has a valid defense, then I can see where you would not want to do this. From what we have "heard" from Saul, however, it does not appear there is a valid defense.

We'll see. Football can't come soon enough, that's all I really know for sure.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

So what in essense is the crime? If someone heard details from a good source just keep it simple and say it he apparently took "?" and did "?" with it. If you are 98% sure this is true why the fear of disclosure?
    Like someone else said the fact he took something with no details provided makes him look worse.

I heard the story from a good source. But I won't post anything on the off chance that the information was wrong. It was second hand to me. I'll say this. Before I heard the supposed details I was pretty disappointed in the kid. After hearing the details...I have a more favorable opinion of the guy. Wrong-Yes. Dumb-yes. Shouldn't have-yes. Paying a big price- yes. But not in the same league as the Best Buy ring.

Many of you are going to laugh and then feel bad for him when/if you hear the story. I would suggest patience before you form your opinion on this one.
    "Destiny's powerful hand has made the bed of my future, and it's up to me to lie in it. I am destined to be a superhero. To right wrongs, and to pound two-fisted justice into the hearts of evildoers everywhere. And you don't fight destiny. No sir. And, you don't eat crackers in the bed of your future, or you get all... scratchy." - The Tick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyJVaIrn0bw

Quote Originally Posted by AEBison1998 View Post
    I heard the story from a good source. But I won't post anything on the off chance that the information was wrong. It was second hand to me. I'll say this. Before I heard the supposed details I was pretty disappointed in the kid. After hearing the details...I have a more favorable opinion of the guy. Wrong-Yes. Dumb-yes. Shouldn't have-yes. Paying a big price- yes. But not in the same league as the Best Buy ring.

Many of you are going to laugh and then feel bad for him when/if you hear the story. I would suggest patience before you form your opinion on this one.
    I think that's a pretty good summary of the situation.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I think that's a pretty good summary of the situation.
    If only I was "in the know" regarding NDSU athletes "criminal activities".
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo