Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: This schedule should keep the Tin Shed packed...

Default Re: This schedule should keep the Tin Shed packed...

Star2City and Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf: could they have been classmates in Logic 201 at UND?

Added later: From Wikipedia -- see any similarities in thinking?

Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf (Arabic: محمد سعيد الصحاف‎ also Mohammed Said al-Sahhaf) (born 1940) is a former Iraqi diplomat and politician. He came to wide prominence around the world during the 2003 invasion of Iraq, during which he was the Iraqi Information Minister under Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, acting as the mouthpiece for the Baath Party and Saddam's regime. He is best known for his grandiose and grossly unrealistic propaganda broadcasts prior to and during the war, extolling the invincibility of the Iraqi Army and the permanence of Saddam's rule. His announcements were intended for an Iraqi domestic audience subject to Saddam's cult of personality and total state censorship, and were met with widespread derision and amusement by Western nationals and others with access to up-to-date information from international media organizations.

He is perhaps best remembered for his final broadcast in which he agitatedly declared that US troops were defeated and committing mass suicide at the gates of Baghdad, and that there were "no US tanks in Baghdad", all while al-Sahhaf's camera clearly showed several US tanks maneuvering through the city streets behind him less than a mile from his position.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Go Jackrabbits!

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    This is just one of countless examples of how Star2City rails on, oblivious to logic and common sense. He'd be an interesting character to meet.
    It's been a loooong time since I bothered reading posts (and even longer since I bothered posting) but I still remember one of star2city's all-time classics - paraphrased, "You know how I know that NDSU sucks? It's because their graduates seem to have a need to constantly belittle UND." Even forgetting that almost every single post of star2city scums NDSU, that is an awesome display of cluelessness. Star2city's argument in that post is to logic what Escher's waterfall is to physics.
    Last edited by tony; 01-04-2011 at 03:40 AM. Reason: fixed typos

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    It's been a loooong time since I bothered reading posts (and even longer since I bothered posting) but I still remember one of star2city's all-time classics - paraphrased, "You know how I know that NDSU sucks, it's because their graduates seem to have a need to constantly belittle UND." Even forgetting that almost every single post of star2city scums NDSU, that is an awesome display of cluelessness. Star2city's argument in that post was to logic was Escher's waterfall was to physics.
    He's my favourite M.C.
    I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    ...Star2city's argument in that post was to logic was Escher's waterfall was to physics.
    You nailed it: excellent graphic depiction of star2city's thinking.
    Go Jackrabbits!

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    Later in the same thread, star2city went off on Summit League Commissioner Douple including the following:

Look what he (Douple) has accomplished in the last couple of years:
    - Royally screwed around UND - who actually possess a national TV contract - who chose the Big Sky instead

Here's my point: Star2City has stated his case many times for why the Big Sky is the best choice for UND. Shouldn't he be thanking Douple? Of course, Star2City is upset about statements attributed to Douple on the subject of Summit League teams scheduling UND before the Sioux name/mascot issue was resolved. If one assumes everything Star2City has said about Douple is true, didn't Douple, at least unwittingly, contribute to UND getting the Big Sky invite. Shouldn't Star2City be sending out a "Thank You" card to Douple?

This is just one of countless examples of how Star2City rails on, oblivious to logic and common sense. He'd be an interesting character to meet.

I've been trying to figure out where I've heard or read that kind of thinking before...and finally this evening it came to me: Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf. Remember that goofy Iraqi Information Minister who would deny Americans were in Baghdad while tanks were rolling behind him? Now, I don't mean to suggest at all that Star2City is a bad guy like the Minister. I'm sure Star2City is a fine guy...but his way of thinking, wow.
    He's so in love with tv contracts and thinks the world of sports revolves around and depends on them. How's that helped UND so far? Their sports teams are bad and good recruits aren't beating down the doors to sign. While media exposure is a good thing it's nice to have a good team to show off. I think the Bison had 10 games on TV this year. Who had the best exposure? I wonder if he ever thought that the Summit really didn't what und?
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

i have the direct tv sports package, the couple times ive seen there teams on there, i just laugh my ass thinking that recruits and potential recruits must be thinking, my god these guys SUCK.

I just want to thank Lakesbison for watching Sioux games on TV. We appreciate your support. Keep it up. You guys really really spend a lot of time talking Sioux Sports on this website. It is great. You spend almost as much time talking Sioux sports as bison sports. We are really glad you guys are so concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    I just want to thank Lakesbison for watching Sioux games on TV. We appreciate your support. Keep it up. You guys really really spend a lot of time talking Sioux Sports on this website. It is great. You spend almost as much time talking Sioux sports as bison sports. We are really glad you guys are so concerned.
    And thank you for your interest in NDSU athletics! The premier non-hockey school in the Dakotas!

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's a good thing we are concerned about your shitty schedule because most of you dont seem to care because your one and only priority is hockey. most of UND's fanbase wouldnt flinch if football or basketball was dropped.

Welcome to Bisonville! We value your contribution!
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!