Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: UND USD SUU to big sky?

Default Re: UND USD SUU to big sky?

Quote Originally Posted by met1990 View Post
    Couldn't they use their position of power and demand all home games?
    Wait. USD is in a postition of power too? Oh crap. We're screwed.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by met1990 View Post
    Couldn't they use their position of power and demand all home games?
    Tatanka is referring to the Coyote's 2 day bus trip to South Carolina in their first year of transition. They bussed to North Greenville (a D-2 team--think about that for a good long while) in 2008

Quote Originally Posted by zooropa View Post
    Tatanka is referring to the Coyote's 2 day bus trip to South Carolina in their first year of transition. They bussed to North Greenville (a D-2 team--think about that for a good long while) in 2008
    I'm pretty sure USD took the bus to a game in Texas or Louisiana (or both.) Back in the NCC days, I remember reading that NDSU was the only team to fly to Northern Colorado so maybe USD looks at the Big Sky like it's a bus league.

Kidding aside, I think the UxD ADs will do what is best for their programs regardless of my input. Personally, I think that the Big Sky, even without Montana, is a better choice than no football conference at all, but there is no doubt that travel will be an issue.

Well, the winged monkeys seem to have the whole conference situation figured out. Thank God, too, because clearly nobody else is nearly smart enough. They're predicting the demise of the Summit because they didn't sponsor football early enough, nor did they accept UND early enough. Must be good to be in a position of power. Between that and accusing NDSU of fudging attendance numbers in the dome it's really good entertainment if you're into comedy/fiction.

Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I'm pretty sure USD took the bus to a game in Texas or Louisiana (or both.) Back in the NCC days, I remember reading that NDSU was the only team to fly to Northern Colorado so maybe USD looks at the Big Sky like it's a bus league.

Kidding aside, I think the UxD ADs will do what is best for their programs regardless of my input. Personally, I think that the Big Sky, even without Montana, is a better choice than no football conference at all, but there is no doubt that travel will be an issue.
    What a brilliant deduction Tony. The Big Sky would be better than no conference. I hope you didn't spend too much time trying to decide on that theory. Wow.

Fyi- i'm the president of weber state.

The only thing we did at the meeting this past weekend was beg montana to tell us what they're gonna do

We tried asking nicely, begging, nipple twisting....

The griz didn't say squat. The idea that we voted on extending on new members is crazier than monogamous marriage.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    What a brilliant deduction Tony. The Big Sky would be better than no conference. I hope you didn't spend too much time trying to decide on that theory. Wow.
    Uh, well, there's still the matter that travel costs, travel time, and start times that all but the preclude UxD fans from watching games ...

Big Sky must be absolutely kicking themselves for not inviting the xDSU's. I mean, can you find a single Griz poster who wants UND/USD over NDSU/SDSU?

BTW, don't bother telling people how great hockey is at UND (and it is great, don't get me wrong,) but hockey being huge at UND just means that football will always be a much lower priority.
    Last edited by tony; 10-25-2010 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Uh, well, there's still the matter that travel costs, travel time, and start times that all but the preclude UxD fans from watching games ...

Big Sky must be absolutely kicking themselves for not inviting the xDSU's. I mean, can you find a single Griz poster who wants UND/USD over NDSU/SDSU?

BTW, don't bother telling people how great hockey is at UND (and it is great, don't get me wrong,) but hockey being huge at UND just means that football will always be a much lower priority.
    This. I'm sure that "buthockey" will not have any sway in teh Big Fluffy

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewt...hp?f=1&t=46294

appears the UM fans want NDSU and SDSU more than the "others"

I guess I don't plame them, they had the chance to grab NDSU and USD back then but I'm really happy with the outcome, cause right now UND and USD would be in the Valley

Please I hope this rumor is true
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewt...hp?f=1&t=46294

appears the UM fans want NDSU and SDSU more than the "others"

I guess I don't plame them, they had the chance to grab NDSU and USD back then but I'm really happy with the outcome, cause right now UND and USD would be in the Valley

Please I hope this rumor is true
    Well, it looks like the "buthockey" card has already been pulled out and used...

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewt...art=25#p591387