Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: USD game recap (from the eyes of a Coyote)

Default USD game recap (from the eyes of a Coyote)

First of all, kudos to your team and coaching staff for what was an unbelieveable 2nd half. They really did what it took to wrestle control of the game. I had been on this board for 10 days or so, and after reading alot of posts and claims and such, I would make the following comments:

1.) #8 is plain ass fast, and can cut on a dime. We had not seen that in a player yet year to date.

2.) Your coaches either made 2nd half adjustments that earned their salary, or somene lit a torch in your teams ass. Either way, that was a very impressive 3rd quarter.

3.) Your tailgate is a fun scene and should be the envy of all FCS teams nationwide. I also go to Iowa State games where tailgating is first and the game 2nd, and although theirs might be larger, yours is first class.

4.) Your facilty you play in is very impressive. It's nice having a city of 100,000 + people that think progressively partner with the Univesity to build such a great facility. (that all being said, it is not very loud in there at least to what I thought was coming. The noise factor was not intimidating but it could be)

5.) I have heard SDSU fans rip your fan base apart, but I have to tell you they were good to me anyway. At half, when we led, either they didn't say much, or they asked if we were playing at the same level as we did against Minnesota. I heard very little COYOTES suck, or go home. Most thankedus for coming to Fargo.

6.) You showed without question you were the better team tonight. Our roof caved in the 3rd quarter, and that had everything to do with how you rallied the troops at half. That long run and long pass play hit s hard. That hadn't happened all year.

7.) My only question I have, and won't be answered till I watch tape or game replay was the officiating. I am not one that ever says an official costs us a game, and I won't here either. Maybe we were indeed guilty of every penalty we had, and if so, that's fine, but what really won the game for you was we had our first (4) starts in the 2nd half at or around the 10. EVERY time on the KO return was a major penalty. That is painful to take. When your punt returner muffed the kick deep in our territory, and an officla had a premature whistle blow, they adminsitered the penalty incorrectly. I was on that end, right in front of us, and the official "anticipated" your return man catching the ball, which he muffed, yet they gave you the extra yards he fumbled. The rules in college football require you to call the ball dead at impact where the ball was (sort of in your posession).

Not to whine, but I did think the officiating was not very good, especially worse than I thought a D-1 crew should be.

8.) As a former player from umpteen years ago, it was good for me to see the rivalry renewed. I have read where many of your posters blasted our school facilities, and after seeing yours last night, I have to agree. We need to make the investment to update and be what they need to be.

Congrats on the win. Best wishes the rest of the year.

Yoteforever

Default Re: USD ganme recap (from the eyes of a Coyote)

Quote Originally Posted by yoteforever View Post
    7.) My only question I have, and won't be answered till I watch tape or game replay was the officiating. I am not one that ever says an official costs us a game, and I won't here either. Maybe we were indeed guilty of every penalty we had, and if so, that's fine, but what really won the game for you was we had our first (4) starts in the 2nd half at or around the 10. EVERY time on the KO return was a major penalty. That is painful to take. When your punt returner muffed the kick deep in our territory, and an officla had a premature whistle blow, they adminsitered the penalty incorrectly. I was on that end, right in front of us, and the official "anticipated" your return man catching the ball, which he muffed, yet they gave you the extra yards he fumbled. The rules in college football require you to call the ball dead at impact where the ball was (sort of in your posession).

Not to whine, but I did think the officiating was not very good, especially worse than I thought a D-1 crew should be.
    Also, your guy called for a fair catch and then ran with the ball. That SHOULD have been a penalty as well.

Either way, good game, glad you made the trip up here. I sure hope you enjoyed yourself tailgating...even tho I don't think I saw you.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Alot of the spotting was terrible aswell.

I was always under the impression when you run the ball and the "Ball" breaks the goal line it is a touchdown, it does not matter if you end up outside the endzone etc. Aslong as it goes past the line its a touchdown. They blew two of those calls aswell as horrendous spots for NDSU throughout the game. (Once DJ extended his arm into the endzone before running out of bounds. and once Jensen was on our centers back with the ball over the line by atleast a full foot. then slid back towards the 1 as the play was over)

I wasnt paying as close attention to USD's spotting. Id assume it went both ways.

Thanks for comeing, Im sure youll be back soon enough.

If it makes you feel anybetter we got the short end of the stick last year repeatedly. And the vikings game had some questionable officating and spots today.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Also, your guy called for a fair catch and then ran with the ball. That SHOULD have been a penalty as well.

Either way, good game, glad you made the trip up here. I sure hope you enjoyed yourself tailgating...even tho I don't think I saw you.
    I forgot that one.

Did you see him call for a fair catch? The reason I ask, is our returners give hand signals "below" the waist to indicate where he is running. I didn't see his hands go above the waist. If he raised his hand (above the shoulders) then he indeed called fair catch. If not, then you have another blown call.

Did you see him call fair catch?

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    Alot of the spotting was terrible aswell.

I was always under the impression when you run the ball and the "Ball" breaks the goal line it is a touchdown, it does not matter if you end up outside the endzone etc. Aslong as it goes past the line its a touchdown. They blew two of those calls aswell as horrendous spots for NDSU throughout the game. (Once DJ extended his arm into the endzone before running out of bounds. and once Jensen was on our centers back with the ball over the line by atleast a full foot. then slid back towards the 1 as the play was over)

I wasnt paying as close attention to USD's spotting. Id assume it went both ways.

Thanks for comeing, Im sure youll be back soon enough.

If it makes you feel anybetter we got the short end of the stick last year repeatedly. And the vikings game had some questionable officating and spots today.
    Yeah there were to along the endzone that looked like tds but the refs spooted it at like the 1. thought that was terrible

I forgot that one.

Did you see him call for a fair catch? The reason I ask, is our returners give hand signals "below" the waist to indicate where he is running. I didn't see his hands go above the waist. If he raised his hand (above the shoulders) then he indeed called fair catch. If not, then you have another blown call.

Did you see him call fair catch?
    the ref signaled fair catch tho because he called the play dead

it was a quick wave. coach bohl focussed a little on it this morning on his show so its not like it was just something we saw infront of us.

i also have never seen so many special teams penalties. when i see a kick off, my focus is always 100% on the returner so i never see the stuff going on around him.. but yea, bad luck on you guys but if you were blocking in the back after every kick off, thats disciplinary issues your team has to work on, not anything the refs can do about.

meh i dont know, i thought the dome was loud. i think itll get gradually louder next week for homecoming and if the bison keep winning and more people fill in the seats, itll be at potential.

Just beat und!

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    the ref signaled fair catch tho because he called the play dead

The ref signalled fair catch? The last I knew he wasn't supposed to return kicks

The ref signalled fair catch? The last I knew he wasn't supposed to return kicks

yes the ref signaled fair catch. you know, when he blew the whistle thingy