Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Missouri Valley Conference Predictions

Default Re: Missouri Valley Conference Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Is that the same stout D that they took to Montana? You do have a few good players on D but your best is gone and you have nothing close to replace them. Mix in your tough schedule and your out of luck this year.

O'Brien has shown nothing in my opinion. Throw in a unproven O-line and you have trouble. Big trouble.
    Before the Montana game, SDSU was holding opponents to 13pts/game. If they can do that again, they should make the play-offs. (Once they get there though hopefully they can hold their opponent to less than 50 pts) Alot of points in the Montana game weren't on the defense though and were on kick returns and fumble/int returns.

The defense still brings back 7 starters and have brought in a top JUCO DE to take over for Batten. (The JUCO end led the #2 team in sacks and had offers from FBS schools.

As far as O'Brien, he showed just as much as Moehler showed so what does that say about NDSU?

Quote Originally Posted by JacksFan06 View Post
    Before the Montana game, SDSU was holding opponents to 13pts/game. If they can do that again, they should make the play-offs. (Once they get there though hopefully they can hold their opponent to less than 50 pts) Alot of points in the Montana game weren't on the defense though and were on kick returns and fumble/int returns.

The defense still brings back 7 starters and have brought in a top JUCO DE to take over for Batten. (The JUCO end led the #2 team in sacks and had offers from FBS schools.

As far as O'Brien, he showed just as much as Moehler showed so what does that say about NDSU?
    I doubt very much SDSU will hold opponents to less than 13 points a game next season.....you will be lucky to keep teams under 20 points per game average.

My oh my. I will safely bet that we dont finish 1st in the conference. On the other hand, I owuld be willing to put my money where my mouth is and bet we place higher than SDSU

Here's my stab at it...

1. Southern Illinois 7-1
    2. Illinois St. 6-2
    3. UNI 5-3
    4. SDSU 5-3
    5. Missouri St. 4-4
    6. NDSU 4-4
    7. YSU 3-5
    8. Indiana St. 2-6 (Beat MSU and WIU)
    9. WIU 0-8

Part of this prediction is with my heart. I could also see a scenario where UNI ends 4-4 and flip flops with NDSU or Misery State.

I'm not going to predict b/c I would completely be wrong but I think it'll be wide open with SIU at the top and some variation under.

BRING BACK SNORTY

1. WIU
    2. YSU
    3. ISU-B
    4. MSU
    5. MDSU
    6. SDSU
    7. UNI
    8. ISU-R
    9. SIU

Mark it down
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    1. WIU
    2. YSU
    3. ISU-B
    4. MSU
    5. MDSU
    6. SDSU
    7. UNI
    8. ISU-R
    9. SIU

Mark it down
    MDSU?

Are we going to change to Minn-Dakota State University, if so 4mcrue might need to be put on suicide watch.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    1. WIU
    2. YSU
    3. ISU-B
    4. MSU
    5. MDSU
    6. SDSU
    7. UNI
    8. ISU-R
    9. SIU

Mark it down
    Are we MDSU??

"Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    MDSU?

Are we going to change to Minn-Dakota State University, if so 4mcrue might need to be put on suicide watch.
    Student you got it!!!! from the 50/50 MN ND student ratio and 75/25 Athlete Lakes was blowing about earlier REP to you!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    Are we MDSU??

Find the posts my son and you will see the light!!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

SDSU's defense should be good again, but their offense will probably suck too. I;ve seen obrien play against ndsu and gophers, and i wasn't impressed. He has no mobiltiy, and seems clutsy at times. I would much rather have mohler as a starting qb than obrien.

Our defense will be much improved now that Breske is gone. I've made it no secret that i think he was a p.o.s, and wish montana the best. At least this year our players should be in the correct positions to make plays (unlike last year).

my predicitions

1. ndsu
    2. uni
    3. siu
    4. sdsu
    5. isu-r
    6. ysu
    7. msu
    8. wiu
    9. isu-b

I like our schedule this year. Play at a rebuilding KU team with a new head coach. then get UNI with a game under our belts, and their first game of the year. We should be able to beat morgan, usd, wiu rather easily. Worst case senerio, split with ysu and isu-r. then a w against isu-b. split against siu and sdsu. and end the conference schedule with a w against msu.

Even if we start 0-2, we should be 3-2 going into the road trip to ysu and isu-r. I think that is the critical point of our schedule, if we are able to split that road trip we are in good shape coming back home for the big games against siu and sdsu.

The big question this year will be fg kicking and defense. How many games have we lost in the past 2 years due to horsesh*t kicking (too many to count, esp sdsu at home). how can you miss a 20 to 30 yarder in a dome?

Defense should be good, not great. at least be able to stop somebody on 3rd and 15 and i'll be happy. Last year was embarassing, and Bohl made the correct staffing moves to make sure it doesn't happen again, imo. i'd put 65% on the coaching/schemes and 35% on the players.