Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Timberwolves Summer League Roster

Default Re: Timberwolves Summer League Roster

Woody is a better shooter. But there is a huge difference in creativity with ball, especially in transition, and Rubio is 6'4. Woodside's biggest problem has always been his size.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I completely agree with you that Ben is as good as Telfair. I also haven't seen enough out of Rubio to say that there is too much of a difference between Rubio and Woody, except Woody can score more consistently. I can't imagine that there is a huge difference in speed and quickness. The main difference between the 2 is 5 years and that's about all I see right now. Hopefully one of them can prove me wrong with the Wolves.
    I have to disagree as much as I would like to see Ben be the star of a team I just don't see it. I have watched some of Rubio and he is just quicker and more creative with the ball. He can knock down the shots. Not the same league as Ben. Huge difference between top 10 pick in the draft and the undrafted. Ben did good in the summer league but when I watched he looked a step slower and gave up some drives to the hoop that made him look 2 steps slow. Maybe once he adjusts to the speed of the game at that level he could compete but he looked to me like a year in Europe would let him get used to the speed. Believe me I want to see him in the NBA and maybe he could be a back up point. I guess we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I have to disagree as much as I would like to see Ben be the star of a team I just don't see it. I have watched some of Rubio and he is just quicker and more creative with the ball. He can knock down the shots. Not the same league as Ben. Huge difference between top 10 pick in the draft and the undrafted. Ben did good in the summer league but when I watched he looked a step slower and gave up some drives to the hoop that made him look 2 steps slow. Maybe once he adjusts to the speed of the game at that level he could compete but he looked to me like a year in Europe would let him get used to the speed. Believe me I want to see him in the NBA and maybe he could be a back up point. I guess we will see.
    This is the best word in the entire thread (in bold/large). We seen Ben's lightning quickness on offense and playing in the Summit, he didn't defend similair quickness. This kid is so dedicated to his game that I'm confident he'll figure out a way to translate that same God given quickness to his defensive skills.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Haven't heard anything for at least a week on whats going on with Woody in the summer league??

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    Haven't heard anything for at least a week on whats going on with Woody in the summer league??
    summer league is done and as far as I know woody is back in Fargo.
    "We All From Africa"

Quote Originally Posted by BeckerBison View Post
    Woodside is as good as Telfair. I am saying that seriously not just as a Bison fan.
    It's not even close no matter how much you compare Telfair and Woodside. Put Telfair in the Summit for one year after his senior year and he completely dominates all competition. Your whole argument is based on what Ben Woodside has done in the Summit and what Telfair has done in the NBA, just a slight difference. Rubio also won't be here for atleast 2 years with his latest contract and the Wolves do have a vet and Chucky Atkins to back up Flynn.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    It's not even close no matter how much you compare Telfair and Woodside. Put Telfair in the Summit for one year after his senior year and he completely dominates all competition. Your whole argument is based on what Ben Woodside has done in the Summit and what Telfair has done in the NBA, just a slight difference. Rubio also won't be here for atleast 2 years with his latest contract and the Wolves do have a vet and Chucky Atkins to back up Flynn.
    Good point. Tough to compare apples and oranges.

Maybe a better way to compare these two (in a hypothetical sense) is to ask how would each have done on say a big ten team?

Telfair's NBA talent was over rated as a high school senior.....

Quote Originally Posted by BeckerBison View Post
    Good point. Tough to compare apples and oranges.

Maybe a better way to compare these two (in a hypothetical sense) is to ask how would each have done on say a big ten team?

Telfair's NBA talent was over rated as a high school senior.....
    I'm curious on how his talent could be overrated considering the fact that every top college in the country wanted him as well as the fact that he was a first round pic. Again to say that Ben Woodside is better then Telfair is so incredibly proposterous. Is Ben Woodside better then Randy Foye and numerous other point guards in the NBA as well then too?

Telfair was one of the top PG in his class and nearly went to Louisville over the draft his senior year, def not overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    I'm curious on how his talent could be overrated considering the fact that every top college in the country wanted him as well as the fact that he was a first round pic. Again to say that Ben Woodside is better then Telfair is so incredibly proposterous. Is Ben Woodside better then Randy Foye and numerous other point guards in the NBA as well then too?
    Welcome to Bisonville, home of the Most Proposterous Statements.