Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: D Coord - NDSU???

Default Re: D Coord - NDSU???

Scott Fuchs former Bison is oline coach at Southern Ill.
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Let me chime in here. The rumor mill is starting to get out of control.

Let me start by saying Lakes has NO info. Despite his constant begging of student athletes, he has no sources.

Willie Mack Garza was a GREAT coach, a great person, and a great recruiter. He will be missed. He moved UP to a great new job. Congrats to him. He will be missed.

Nystrom. Totally unsure on this. My gut feel is that he was never a good fit. Again, I know nothing....I am going to consider myself like Lakes on this one. Totally lost. (Unless he is bringing in someone that needed more room on the staff....bringing some coaches). Keep in mind, the WMG thing has been going on a while, so Bohl has had some time to work on this.

Perles. I think Ball State is a done deal. Just another coach moving up to a 1A school. They are playing in a bowl game tonight.

Call it Bison colored glasses, but Bohl has proven the ability to reload. I would be SHOCKED if there isn't a plan in place when this all went down. Don't jump off a bridge, or listen to Lakes....Tradition doesn't graduate.
    Maybe you should meet Nystrom...not only is he a great person...he's a great coach & a legacy here at NDSU. Buck Nystrom (his Dad) coached here in the 60's and coached the 1965 National Championship team & is in the NDSU Hall of Fame.

Sometimes Great people are not always great fits for a direction that something is going. Burgundy never said he was a bad person just that maybe not the right fit. It doesn't matter if you are a coach a CEO or a team leader at some business. You need to have all the employees working in the same direction to get the best results. A lot of "good people" have been let go or move because they are not the right fit. I trust Bohl in putting together the best team of coaches that he and everyone can work with and get the best results.

6-5 were the results last year and I am glad to see changes made

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFB View Post
    Maybe you should meet Nystrom...not only is he a great person...he's a great coach & a legacy here at NDSU. Buck Nystrom (his Dad) coached here in the 60's and coached the 1965 National Championship team & is in the NDSU Hall of Fame.

So does this mean that Michael Jordan's son is going to be a superstar in the NBA??? I didn't realize that if your Dad was good at something that it automatically makes the son good as well!
    Dear Lord Baby Jesus, I want to thank you for this wonderful meal, my two beautiful sons, "Walker,Texas Ranger," and my Red-Hot Smokin' Wife, Carley

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ricky Bobby is a complete Jackoff and his son is awesome!!!!! So, it doesn't always work out.

husker......i think that's his wife's kid,,,,,check that bloodline,,,haha

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Hmmm......

What about Bobby Babich returning to coach the secondary?

Currently coaching the secondary at FCS Eastern Illinois.
    Ummmmmmmmm no.

BRING BACK SNORTY

Would anyone like a Mr. Scott Frost to be our DC? From UNI...........
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Would anyone like a Mr. Scott Frost to be our DC? From UNI...........
    They had a great defense down there and dominated us. He would definitely be a nice get.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    They had a great defense down there and dominated us. He would definitely be a nice get.
    I like to hear about Scott Frost. Young coach with a lot of potential, but that means he wouldnt be around long