Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU retirements

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU retirements

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Illegally camping on lawn, occupying buildings, and intimidating minority students is not free speech. I fully agree about the Jan 6 nutjobs; I consider them the same.
    Definitely agree that both are in the same vein of lunacy and both took it too far.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    I can't stand either one. It's just the same thing in a different outfit. I have to leave the room if either is on

I would love to cut them all into oblivion, but as I understand it there is no sports only streaming package

Is there?
    Not that I know of. I just don't watch any of that crap.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Also isn’t it perpetuating the problem when conservatives talk about our universities in such a way that makes conservative young people feel like they will be unwelcome on campus and not have a place? Maybe we should be encouraging more conservative minded youth to attend college to push back against any liberal slant, real or perceived. Would likely benefit all students and might just make it less likely that we have campus tent cities. Don’t think there’s much of that happening on the NDSU campus. Probably because there’s a higher percentage of conservative students on campus at NDSU than some others.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    The individual subjects have nothing to do with it. I supposed next you're going to try to say that network media doesn't slant left.
    Sorry Gully but I think you are wrong here. In scientific disciplines there is no room for political discussion there. It just is not germain to any of the topics.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    JFC, you people can ruin any thread with your righty/lefty bitching and whining…makes me miss Lakes…
    Therapy is readily available.
    Don't believe everything you think.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Also isn’t it perpetuating the problem when conservatives talk about our universities in such a way that makes conservative young people feel like they will be unwelcome on campus and not have a place?
    I'm sorry that you find the truth inconvenient.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    I'm sorry that you find the truth inconvenient.
    So convincing conservative youth to avoid college serves what purpose in your mind?

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    So convincing conservative youth to avoid college serves what purpose in your mind?
    Oh, there's certainly a need for higher education. Be it college, Vo Tech or hard knocks. That said, I would like to see the lefty professors fed to the wood chipper.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Oh, there's certainly a need for higher education. Be it college, Vo Tech or hard knocks. That said, I would like to see the lefty professors fed to the wood chipper.
    So doing the same thing as the lefty professors is your solution? Way to take the high road.

I did Finance at NDSU. Outside of my generals...I didn't notice much about political leanings with my professors. I'm sure they had opinions..but I don't recall that bleeding over into my courses. Then again, Finance (and business generally) doesn't lend itself a ton of room for that.
    College of Business Alumnus