Page 26 of 57 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Bathrooms and club seating? Craig Bohl just retired bro. That's one heck of a bronze statue eh.
    It speaks as you walk by it... "That was a WHALE of a game!" AND " eyebrows? Who needs em?"
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

What MIGHT be able to be workable for a design-build in place would be to construct a new shell right over the top of the existing Fargodome. Leave the existing structure undisturbed while the new roof and supports are built right overhead. Then when that is substantially complete and in (hopefully) a single offseason do the work to tie the two structures together.

Pie in the sky notion that I'll leave to the resident architects and construction management experts on the board to shoot at. They would have to deal with construction zone hazard mitigation for use during the build.

As always and has been said here before, for anything you need to engineer you can have it:
    1 - fast
    2 - cheap
    3 - high quality.

Pick any two.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    Can I ask you a favor, HerdBot (or anyone who is a subscriber?_. Can you somehow print it out as it kicks me out for obvious reasons. Thanks. I am EXTREMELY interested in the next plan.
    There is no next plan there. And that would be a copyright violation.

Exec summary: we did not do a good enough job. City and Fargodome officials will meet to figure out how to go forward. ADA issues need to be addressed regardless.
    Don't believe everything you think.

LefseBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    They go all out for the evening show.
    I am a Monster Truck "virgin." I have to take baby steps on this. Even the matinee might be too much for me at first. But still excited to go.

I was able to get in for a few seconds and speed read that article, and saw a comment that a few of the FARGODOME people said, and it rang so darn true - 1) people were misinformed or maybe did not understand some issues, and 2) I think it was Deb Mathern who said, "people heard the word 'tax', shut down and said, nope." I am glad they articulated this and Fargoans can read it and maybe look within themselves. I wish people were more thoughtful about issues and would look at all sides rather than shutting down so quickly.

Back to checks for a moment ... bigger risk: stolen check or online hackers.

If we start a 10 year fundraising and and savings plan so there is enough money stuffed away in 10 years to build what we want and keep playing in the the Fargo Dome during construction....would it be time to demo the dome at that point once the new dome is built?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Back to checks for a moment ... bigger risk: stolen check or online hackers.
    Expound, please. I am now sitting on the fence as to what to do. IMO, no matter what route is taken, there is risk.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Cash is king in the barn eh.

Lardsin must go!

One of my concerns on everything relative to FARGODOME, football and so forth is the clear downward trajectory of student enrollment at NDSU. I know that no matter what, the entertainment/concert part of the DOME would be fine (assuming critical upgrades - bathrooms and so forth are accomplished) but if that downward student enrollment continues, what happens if we build something for a too optimistic student enrollment?? Not a day goes by that I do not go past the campus and I see a fair amount of FOR RENT signs and sometimes I wonder about dorm occupancy and so forth.