Page 303 of 339 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3388

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    I have been following Grant Cohn on Twitter. Cohn's view is HC Shanahan has decided Trey let him down last season and has moved on. Now, Shananahan has to show that Trey is the the problem, not Shanahan's inability to develop Trey. So, Shanahan announces a competition for the QB 2 slot, but not QB 1. Declares Purdy the "real deal" after a weak camp, and then calls a sequence of plays that puts Trey in a bad spot for his preseason start. All in order to quiet talk of whether Trey should start regular season game 1.

Discuss.

(To clarify, this narrative has been developing throughout each day of the camp.)
    Grant Cohn has a narrative and is not really a reliable source within the 49ers locker room. He pissed off several players within the last two years.

The more logical explanation is that Trey has had some unfortunate injuries that have stunted his growth. Purdy came in and played very well while showing an ability to read and react quickly to NFL defenses. Shanahan still sees Trey’s potential, but needs Trey to take the “next step.” Meanwhile, Purdy has earned starter reps based on his play last year.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Toxic!!!!!!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

A Wentz-like performance. As in, every time he dropped back to pass I closed an eye and held my breath.

San Fran announcers said he holds onto the ball too long and takes too much time reading through progressions.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    Trey looks like a QB with great protentional, but raw and inexperienced. Lack of live game experience shows. He would be a perfect fit for bottom 8 teams, not a win now team like 49ers.
    What's your theory here 123? can't wait to hear it.

Shannahan is mad at Trey because he got hurt and is setting him up to fail to fit his narrative. I'm sure that's exactly the thought process of a NFL head coach, LOL.

That said, Trey didn't look good at all....but then the other guy in the 2nd didn't look good at least in the part I watched.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Someone may try to trade for Trey in the offseason but who knows. Wouldnt shock me if Darnold earns the #2 spot.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Trey is in a horrible spot. He needs game reps but I don't see a team in the NFL that will give him those. Glad he got paid but he needed 1-2 more college seasons. He is now in his third camp and looks exactly the same as he did as a rookie. Other than he is moving way slower for some reason. Not sure if its the injury but it is not good.

Not sure how NFL scouts didn't see this in College. He was basically a one read throw guy who threw for 76 yards against a good defense in his last college game. My guess is they thought he was an athlete like L Jackson but he was never close to that. If he was he would have had a chance. Now he is an average athlete who can't read defenses and is not an accurate passer.

In retrospect, Mr Lance could've used another year in Fargo.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    In retrospect, Mr Lance could've used another year in Fargo.
    Meh, he would just have been called on to run QB power 20 times a game.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

One more year in Fargo would've given Trey 25 (or more) extra games barring injury and he would've very likely been the #1 QB prospect in the 2022 draft. You can never say someone drafted 3rd overall made the wrong decision but.....

It's nuts to think about the fact that he's played 4 meaningful games plus one quarter (and calling that Central Arkansas game in October 2020 meaningful is being generous) since 1/11/20 - which is now over 1300 days ago.