Page 300 of 368 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 3672

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

You can go back and look at the first 5-50 pages of this thread where this same conversation was had back in November-December 2018 (a year they ended up making the NCAA tournament btw) but unless you think you have your future head coach on the staff it's silly for a mid-major to fire a head coach midseason. Richman will get his chance to pull another rabbit out of his hat like he did in spring 2019 - nowhere to go but up from here anyway.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Uhmm, the Legend of the Secret Midnight Contract Extension continues to grow……chapo has repeated it so many times it is a regular part of Bisonville

The McFeely actual article:

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...ntication=true

Why was it done? McFeely had an idea why…….

But disregard that explanation because If you need to extend a coach in secrecy then he isnt the right coach.

When was it done?

Oh yeah, Covid times again……
    What kind of season did NDSU have previous to this contract extension?
    25-8 (13-3 Summit)(13-1 Home) - This includes the 3 wins at the Summit League Tourney - and then on to the NCAA’s except there were none……
    Oh wait, we’ve been told It takes willful ignorance, devoid of any sophistication or nuance, to focus solely on Richman's total win-loss record without any context.
    So disregard looking at the previous year’s record, doesn’t matter……

If I read the article correctly, there were 2 years remaining on the previous contract. So if no contract extension, can anyone tell us what happens to a school’s recruiting with a lame duck coach?

But the bottom line is, if the team continues to crash & burn, then the decision of what to do becomes easy.

But as I have asked before - Where/when was that defining moment that Coach Richman should have been fired before this? That is what this has always come back to over the last few years. And where are some examples of other schools with similar records/results where the Head Coach was fired?
    Oh wait, I guess none of that matters, because we’ve been told that makes you a Richman apologist.
    First, media hypothesizing on reasons is not the same as that being the ACTUAL reason.

Second, if that hypothesis was put out there by anybody with a pulse on the program, I'd call it nothing more than spin. The deal being done in the dark was and will continue to be an unorthodox way to go about it and I don't buy the excuse as the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    We don't have 15 home games this year. Do we typically?
    It's lakes doing math. Save your breath lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    First, media hypothesizing on reasons is not the same as that being the ACTUAL reason.

Second, if that hypothesis was put out there by anybody with a pulse on the program, I'd call it nothing more than spin. The deal being done in the dark was and will continue to be an unorthodox way to go about it and I don't buy the excuse as the cover.
    No. Kidding.

An athletic director extending the contract of someone in secret because he's afraid of stakeholder pushback is very, very wrong on multiple levels. Regardless of his reasoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    No. Kidding.

An athletic director extending the contract of someone in secret because he's afraid of stakeholder pushback is very, very wrong on multiple levels. Regardless of his reasoning.

And the talk of how do you expect a program to recruit with a coach who only has 1 year left on their contract ... pretty convenient from the coach's side isn't it. So how does a mid major(or worse) program ever get rid of a failing coach? If they always have to be extended to recruit and we can't buy them out???

Also, I managed to not comment on the dumpster fire of DR's program for quite a while but I guess it's become bad enough to pull me back into the discussion. I feel dirty just following this team at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    And the talk of how do you expect a program to recruit with a coach who only has 1 year left on their contract ... pretty convenient from the coach's side isn't it. So how does a mid major(or worse) program ever get rid of a failing coach? If they always have to be extended to recruit and we can't buy them out???

Also, I managed to not comment on the dumpster fire of DR's program for quite a while but I guess it's become bad enough to pull me back into the discussion. I feel dirty just following this team at the moment.
    Typically coach buyouts are pretty minimal the last year or two of their contract at this level. USD just fired Todd Lee last March and I'm sure he had at least a year left on his contract but I'm sure the buyout wasn't much. No head coaches will ever coach out a contract unless they're retiring - it's counterproductive for both sides since a lame duck coach is probably spending more time looking for open positions than he would be recruiting not to mention the fact that it would be used heavily by schools recruiting against you.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Man it would sure be nice to know what DR's buyout is!

Ask ML if we can just swap Jory to the men’s team, and move Richman over to the girls team. Boom, we save the buyout costs and let him drift away
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    Ask ML if we can just swap Jory to the men’s team, and move Richman over to the girls team. Boom, we save the buyout costs and let him drift away
    This women's team doesn't deserve Dave.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    We are just getting to enjoy womens BB again why you want to destroy it with Dave? Can Jory coach both if we double his salary?