Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AGS Poll 11-12-07

Bison101 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: AGS Poll 11-12-07

If UNI is number one this year, how good will they be next year? How good will they be when we play them?

Quote Originally Posted by PantherHawk View Post
    Ok.....just a simple observation....no need for rotten fruit:

Iowa State has defeated Iowa, Kansas State and Colorado. The "equivalent" of that is Miami of Ohio in triple OT @ home??? CM does not "lead the MAC."
    They are in first place of the West Division of the MAC, where no team has won more than 6 games and just 1 is above .500. The CM team that played WM on TV last week would be eaten alive by Southern Illinois.
    As an Iowa grad, I hate to admit it, but it was no great accomplishment to beat Iowa in the second game of the season. Iowa barely handled a very bad Northern Illinois team in their first game. And while Iowa has come on of late, they sucked early this year. Sucked.

CMU is leading the west division of the MAC and they're undefeated in conference play. And they were beaten by 30 by NDSU.

I have a ton of respect for UNI. They beat our tails in Brookings this year. Best FCS team I have seen in person. I have to go with the coaches, though, and say NDSU is #1.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't quibble about our ranking. UNI is obviously a great football team. All this argumentative crap about who is more deserving is just that, crap.

What does interest me is that we lost so much ground to UNI in this weeks poll versus last week. We played a ranked team on the road and won. UNI played who? I am asking because I don't know. It must been a hell of a team UNI played for them to gain so much ground after the Bison played a very tough ranked team on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    I don't quibble about our ranking. UNI is obviously a great football team. All this argumentative crap about who is more deserving is just that, crap.

What does interest me is that we lost so much ground to UNI in this weeks poll versus last week. We played a ranked team on the road and won. UNI played who? I am asking because I don't know. It must been a hell of a team UNI played for them to gain so much ground after the Bison played a very tough ranked team on the road.
    Like you don't know who they played! lol They played a scrub albeit a legitimate FCS team....@ the half it was 54-7, even though we lost a fumble on their 5 in the first quarter. They could have laid 100 on them, but the pulled the starters in the middle of the SECOND QUARTER. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th line RBs rushed for over 100 yards each. #1 RB had 68 on 8 carries b4 leaving after a late hit early second 1/4. Doesn't matter who you played, the pollsters are going to notice that kind of ass-whipping!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison101 View Post
    If UNI is number one this year, how good will they be next year? How good will they be when we play them?
    Like us, UNI loses their QB (Sanders) and a few other key starters. The Gateway is a tough conference. As big of a Bison fan as I am, I can see why UNI gets the number 1 vote. NDSU is not the only team to rally from behind. UNI was down 13-0 to Youngstown State and came back to win.

NDSUFREAK is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Like us, UNI loses their QB (Sanders) and a few other key starters. The Gateway is a tough conference. As big of a Bison fan as I am, I can see why UNI gets the number 1 vote. NDSU is not the only team to rally from behind. UNI was down 13-0 to Youngstown State and came back to win.
    ...at home none the less. sorry, just had to point that out

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by PantherHawk View Post
    Like you don't know who they played! lol They played a scrub albeit a legitimate FCS team....@ the half it was 54-7, even though we lost a fumble on their 5 in the first quarter. They could have laid 100 on them, but the pulled the starters in the middle of the SECOND QUARTER. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th line RBs rushed for over 100 yards each. #1 RB had 68 on 8 carries b4 leaving after a late hit early second 1/4. Doesn't matter who you played, the pollsters are going to notice that kind of ass-whipping!

dude, once again realize you are pimping out Indiana State. That is pathetic. EVERYONE with half a pulse puts up 50+ on Indiana State and has their starters pulled in the 2nd quarter.

Seriously what a joke

Missouri State put up 42 in the first half
    Southern Illinois put up 55 in the first half
    Illinois State put up 35 in the first half on their way to 69
    Western Kentucky put up 42 in the first half

What UNI did to this team is NOTHING out of the ordinary and VERY unimpressive.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFREAK View Post
    ...at home none the less. sorry, just had to point that out
    Hey, no problem. Just remember Sam Huston State.

Don't even go there with Indiana State. UNO could kick their ass. And Pantherhawk seriously 75% of the people on this thread have said they're OK with the ranking. Yet you still bash us. Why exactly?

BRING BACK SNORTY

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    dude, once again realize you are pimping out Indiana State. That is pathetic. EVERYONE with half a pulse puts up 50+ on Indiana State and has their starters pulled in the 2nd quarter.

Seriously what a joke

Missouri State put up 42 in the first half
    Southern Illinois put up 55 in the first half
    Illinois State put up 35 in the first half on their way to 69
    Western Kentucky put up 42 in the first half

What UNI did to this team is NOTHING out of the ordinary and VERY unimpressive.
    FUCK IT............NDSU = the 2007-2008 FCS Champions..........