Page 832 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 3327327828228308318328338348428829321332 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,320 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I dont think the void of lost teams got filled.
    You mean Delaware beating a G5 team that was 4-10 the past two seasons doesn't mean FCS is saved?? Yeah, I have no doubt that it means a team other than JMU will be playing us in the semi's/finals every year.

The University of the Incarnate Word was looking pretty good this year though
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I dont think the void of lost teams got filled.
    Yeah, I mean look at the FCS in the Southeast, it is a complete abyss when the SoCon at one point was the class of the subdivision. These programs are not really getting replaced, we have run out of viable programs in some regions.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    You mean Delaware beating a G5 team that was 4-10 the past two seasons doesn't mean FCS is saved?? Yeah, I have no doubt that it means a team other than JMU will be playing us in the semi's/finals every year.

The University of the Incarnate Word was looking pretty good this year though
    Huh. I know an FCS team that recently lost to a P5 school that was 1-11 last year. Funny how that works.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

PAC trying to finalize their media deal ... negotiating with Amazon, Apple, ESPN.

Rumor is once they complete that deal, PAC might be looking to add up to 4 new teams.
    The big announcements may have slowed a bit, but the wheels are still churning.

https://awfulannouncing.com/amazon/p...ideration.html

BigLakeBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    I believe some other teams will fill the competitive void, just like when schools like App St and GSU left.
    Delaware beat Navy and may be back on track. Montana looks good. There will be others.

That doesn't mean we should stay FCS forever, just it isn't quite as horrific as some believe.
    Enjoy the moment, there will come a day where we can't count on regular championships. Maybe soon.
    This gets mentioned frequently which doesn’t seem to make logical sense to me. In what world are fans going to show up to FCS games in the future if we are mediocre when they aren’t showing up now when we are the class of the FCS? The cat is out of the bag for the NDSU fan base. The FCS is stale. Us coming back to the pack and not winning championships 9 of 11 years isn’t going to make it more exciting.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    This gets mentioned frequently which doesn’t seem to make logical sense to me. In what world are fans going to show up to FCS games in the future if we are mediocre when they aren’t showing up now when we are the class of the FCS? The cat is out of the bag for the NDSU fan base. The FCS is stale. Us coming back to the pack and not winning championships 9 of 11 years isn’t going to make it more exciting.
    What I meant by that is it is unlikely we compete with OSU and Bama when moving up.
    We are used to always being at the top of the food chain.

Some of those programs spend more on recruiting than we do the whole football program.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Huh. I know an FCS team that recently lost to a P5 school that was 1-11 last year. Funny how that works.
    Well it finally caught up to that FCS team having 22 less schollies than that P5 school. They can only do so much with 63 schollies. If that FCS team was FBS they'd be on equal footing. Funny how that works.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Thanks for confirming my point about how useful it is to take one game to make a generalization about an entire subdivision…
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

BigLakeBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    What I meant by that is it is unlikely we compete with OSU and Bama when moving up.
    We are used to always being at the top of the food chain.

Some of those programs spend more on recruiting than we do the whole football program.
    Sure, but I’m not sure that is any NDSU fans expectation. The value of an FCS championship isn’t what it once was to NDSU fans. Maybe us fans overvalued the first few and maybe we’re undervaluing them now. Either way the FCS isn’t moving the needle like it was for the NDSU fan base and it likely never will. There are lots of fanbases in FBS who never have and never will compete with OSU or Alabama but their enthusiasm and engagement with their teams is still much higher than what we see regularly in the FCS. Maybe there will be some teams who step up to fill the competitive void of JMU, App St., Georgia Southern on the field. The possibility of programs filling the void in terms of fan engagement and support is much less likely.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Well it finally caught up to that FCS team having 22 less schollies than that P5 school. They can only do so much with 63 schollies. If that FCS team was FBS they'd be on equal footing. Funny how that works.
    Oh snap bro. My kids school first year of elementary football this year. He's a 6th grader and first year. These other schools have been doing this for a few years now and it shows. Got rolled the first couple games eh. Pounced no wins. Beat the undefeated team from Ojibwa 14-2 last night for the first win of the season eh! Boys getting it figured out. Ojibwa had crushed the teams that had already beat us. If happens eh. Why they play the game eh.

Lardsin must go!