Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: SLT Quarterfinal: vs Denver

Default Re: SLT Quarterfinal: vs Denver

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Gonna need two complete games to win this tournament, Played pretty marginal for 25-30 minutes and still won by 20. If the Bison can find a way to bottle two 40 minutes games, there is no reason they cant cut down the nets. WIU/ORU tomorrow will be an interesting game, both times were close games.

Hopefully Tyree can keep playing at the level he did in the 2nd half. When he is going this team really seems to play their best. Sam struggled for a good portion of the game but turned it on in the end. 22-0 run to slam the door shut.

Take the days rest to adavantage and bring it on Monday night.

Go Bison
    Tyree played a complete game tonight not a half he kept us afloat in the first half
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Looked ugly to start, but out defense sparked the offense. For all you Dave haters, thought I heard he now has a 15-4 summit tournament record. Hmm..some would call that good.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Tyree played a complete game tonight not a half he kept us afloat in the first half
    Not going to find an agruement from here, I thought he was terrific. I just thought his ability to take Hunt out of the game was key in the 2nd half. The team really feeds of his energy.

Seems like the whistles tighten up come tournament time for Summit League officials (which generally plays to the advantage of defensive minded teams like NDSU) but it will be interesting if that's the case should they play ORU on Monday. I'd have to imagine the officials will know there's bad blood between these two and they'll be calling it tight.

So, I was there last night; some observations:

1. I love Sam, but darn it, I sure wish we had a true point guard. Really gets us into trouble sometimes as he occasionally struggles with ball control.
    2. They simply did not get the ball into Rocky's hands enough in the first half. He was a matchup nightmare for Denver.
    3. I really, really despise the stupid quick 3 pointers they shoot when they don't have any true shooting assassins like in the past.
    4. As always, they are so good when they get the ball inside, then have guys cutting in and moving on the perimeter; when they do that well, they are so, so tough to defend.
    5. Yep, occasionally Nelson makes some young man mistakes with the ball, but he is a defensive nightmare for the undersized teams. He does things on defense you see from the high major teams where guards and small forward can't get a shot off when they get anywhere near him.
    6. Denver should have benched the kid who just kept chucking up bad 3 point shots. Maybe he is good, but he took a lot of terrible shots and only hit one I remember.
    7. Man, do the SDSU fans hate us. They really hate we've had arguably had more overall success in D1 bball than them. If we play them Tuesday, it is going to be a terribly hostile crowd just like always.
    8. The Denny is such a great place to watch a game; it was so much fun to be back after 2 years. The world literally ended after the championship game if folks don't remember.

I hope a lot of you will think about coming on down Mon and Tues if they make it. Best place to find lower bowl tickets in Sioux Falls craigslist. See you then!

Quote Originally Posted by KC_Hats View Post
    Too bad the Bison didn't play this way from the beginning. They could have been resting players. Dominating the last few minutes. Go Bison!
    Is your ice cream too cold for you when you eat it too? JFC

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Gonna need two complete games to win this tournament, Played pretty marginal for 25-30 minutes and still won by 20. If the Bison can find a way to bottle two 40 minutes games, there is no reason they cant cut down the nets. WIU/ORU tomorrow will be an interesting game, both times were close games.

Hopefully Tyree can keep playing at the level he did in the 2nd half. When he is going this team really seems to play their best. Sam struggled for a good portion of the game but turned it on in the end. 22-0 run to slam the door shut.

Take the days rest to adavantage and bring it on Monday night.

Go Bison
    Gonna need SDSU to choke again in order to win. Thems the facts. Usually they do, but every once in a while they don't.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Gonna need SDSU to choke again in order to win. Thems the facts. Usually they do, but every once in a while they don't.
    I disagree. NDSU vs sdsu will be a pretty even match if both win Monday.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

1. I love Sam, but darn it, I sure wish we had a true point guard. Really gets us into trouble sometimes as he occasionally struggles with ball control.
    2. They simply did not get the ball into Rocky's hands enough in the first half. He was a matchup nightmare for Denver.
    3. I really, really despise the stupid quick 3 pointers they shoot when they don't have any true shooting assassins like in the past.
    4. As always, they are so good when they get the ball inside, then have guys cutting in and moving on the perimeter; when they do that well, they are so, so tough to defend.
    5. Yep, occasionally Nelson makes some young man mistakes with the ball, but he is a defensive nightmare for the undersized teams. He does things on defense you see from the high major teams where guards and small forward can't get a shot off when they get anywhere near him.
    6. Denver should have benched the kid who just kept chucking up bad 3 point shots. Maybe he is good, but he took a lot of terrible shots and only hit one I remember.
    7. Man, do the SDSU fans hate us. They really hate we've had arguably had more overall success in D1 bball than them. If we play them Tuesday, it is going to be a terribly hostile crowd just like always.
    8. The Denny is such a great place to watch a game; it was so much fun to be back after 2 years. The world literally ended after the championship game if folks don't remember.

I hope a lot of you will think about coming on down Mon and Tues if they make it. Best place to find lower bowl tickets in Sioux Falls craigslist. See you then!
    Strongly agree with #4. Would like to see more post entry with our size. Sometimes you have to play inside-out to get the good look perimeter shots.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

Also Monday night if they win and we play right after them.