Thread: Computer help

Hybrid View

Default Re: Computer help

Quote Originally Posted by MinotBison View Post
    I have some .MOV files on a memory chip that I want to copy to my newly set up Instagram account, but it will only allow me to copy .JPG files. How do I do get it to do that, or is it one of those things I can't do with Instagram on a PC?
    OK, this is not my thing at all, but the only .MOV files I know of are the ones that are Apple-format Quicktime videos.

It looks like Instagram does host videos.

Edit: I looked and Instagram is supposed to take .MOV files - maybe the problem is that you are trying to upload video as photos?

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    OK, this is not my thing at all, but the only .MOV files I know of are the ones that are Apple-format Quicktime videos.

It looks like Instagram does host videos.

Edit: I looked and Instagram is supposed to take .MOV files - maybe the problem is that you are trying to upload video as photos?
    When I click on the icon to download a photo or video, it says "drag photo or video here" or select from computer. Doesn't ask about specifically downloading a video or a picture or a particular type of video or picture file.

When I click on the icon to download a photo or video, it says "drag photo or video here" or select from computer. Doesn't ask about specifically downloading a video or a picture or a particular type of video or picture file.
    Have you thought about using Instagram Tech Support? They might know a lot about… Instagram for example.

https://www.facebook.com/381579045265733

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

[QUOTE=GreenfieldBison;1558663]Have you thought about using Instagram Tech Support? They might know a lot about… Instagram for example.

Didn't know about it. Will certainly give it a shot. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Have you thought about using Instagram Tech Support? They might know a lot about… Instagram for example.

Sent them a message a few days back regarding my situation. So far....crickets.

Sent them a message a few days back regarding my situation. So far....crickets.
    Nice. Well it was worth a shot. Do you see anything on their site about a user group or user help group - something like that?

Also try typing this text into your browser search bar and explore some of the links that are returned:

“instagram photo load problem”

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Nice. Well it was worth a shot. Do you see anything on their site about a user group or user help group - something like that?

Also try typing this text into your browser search bar and explore some of the links that are returned:

“instagram photo load problem”

No user group that I can see, and no results if I type in the phrase you mentioned. I think these are a few more of the downsides of being on a PC as opposed to an Iphone or Ipad. Will keep trying, I guess.

No user group that I can see, and no results if I type in the phrase you mentioned. I think these are a few more of the downsides of being on a PC as opposed to an Iphone or Ipad. Will keep trying, I guess.
    I got a bunch of results with that phrase. I am using DuckDuckGo as my search engine which may yield different results than others. I will need to retreat to my computer later tonight. When I do I will PM you some of those links.