Page 102 of 103 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1030

Thread: NDSU to the FBS

Default Re: NDSU to the FBS

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    That's funny because I do feel like I heard a ton about Allen and Wyoming leading up to that draft.
    Yeah they beat the Wyoming/Allen thing like a dead horse. Every football fan in the country is very aware of where he went to school
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Yeah they beat the Wyoming/Allen thing like a dead horse. Every football fan in the country is very aware of where he went to school
    And to add to the NDSU notoriety angle they constantly compared him to and mentioned Wentz and NDSU.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

And now they link Allen to Lance with the videos before and during the draft with their words of wisdom.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

I don't remember NDSU needing approval from the state when we moved from DII to DI.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    The geography problem is UND’s, where they have to fly through Hector for many sports haha shhhhh don’t tell them
    I assumed you meant that geography was a problem because they were down stream from Fargo's sewage treatment plant.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Then call it a media market instead of a TV market. Johnny Sun Devil fan in Arizona isn't going to start watching Bison football on because it's on some streaming service.
    And most of the Phoenix market doesn't actually watch ASU either, but the "market" is big...

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've been getting swayed over the last year. So much has changed in the last 12 months that I feel like we need to do something.

That said, I think some of you don't acknowledge that your perception of the attention that NDSU is getting nationally is directly related to the megaphones that are specifically pointed directly at you and your particular demographic...meaning toward Bison fans. Even when watching regular, national stories, your attention is captured when NDSU is mentioned, skewing your perception in the process. Do we lead charmed lives compared to other FCS fans? Most certainly. Is it really more than GSU, Appy, or Liberty? I don't know if I'm able to answer honestly and without bias.

That ALSO said, so many of you compare against Boise State in its current condition...not BSU before they made the move. We're light years beyond where they were at that time.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    That's funny because I do feel like I heard a ton about Allen and Wyoming leading up to that draft.
    Exactly. Some of this has to do with what your personal radar is tuned to. Just like when you buy a new car, you suddenly start seeing that model everywhere.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Exactly. Some of this has to do with what your personal radar is tuned to. Just like when you buy a new car, you suddenly start seeing that model everywhere.
    Absolutely. We all remember the things we see and hear that matter to us and forget the things that don't.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I have relatives in other parts of the country, they are fans of P5 schools. They do know about NDSU, and its things I have never told them. I will also realize that they hear North Dakota ST and know we live here so that probably is some of it.

But anyone that says NDSU is not known, BS I also travel (Pre Virus) and have had numerous people talk to me about NDSU football and also MBB.

I have also swayed to the point that seeing the bullshit the FCS spring crap and all the shit teams NDSU needs to do something, I really feel Fall will be a very empty Dome as many people realize the same thing. Tailgate will be full but most will head elsewhere to watch or just go somewhere else. All an opinion but I'm hearing it from people who used to do about anything to go, perception and passion has changed, and it sounds bad but what else really is there to accomplish in the FCS? I dont know, i still love it but the shiny side is getting dull
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant