Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

Default Re: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, it could be up there. I knocked it down a bit because the season wasn't riding on it and, outside of the long runs by Cofield and Brooks, there wasn't a lot for memorable plays. But the sheer deliciousness of ruining the Gameday party and getting revenge for the previous trip to Brookings made it one of the most memorable regular season FCS games on my list.

That GDT is a pretty funny read too. Basically Entz, Roehl, and the rest of the coaching staff were bums that needed to be left in Brookings around the time of the Dmitri Williams HB pass debacle.... and then Entz immediately became a coaching god after his call to go for it on that 4th down.
    I remember the debate that raged on here even a few days after that call... I still wouldn't have gone for it, I don't think--but that's why I'm not a football coach. You're welcome, Bisonville.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I remember the debate that raged on here even a few days after that call... I still wouldn't have gone for it, I don't think--but that's why I'm not a football coach. You're welcome, Bisonville.
    In general I think most coaches are far too cautious when it comes to going for it on 4th down. The game situation does play into it some but a lot of coaches will punt it away when they've got an 80%+ chance to pick up the first down. It's like not pressing your bets on the craps table when there's a hot shooter.

In general I think most coaches are far too cautious when it comes to going for it on 4th down. The game situation does play into it some but a lot of coaches will punt it away when they've got an 80%+ chance to pick up the first down. It's like not pressing your bets on the craps table when there's a hot shooter.
    I agree when you’re on the other side of the 50 or close to it. From your own 29 in a tie game with 2 min left... just too much on the line, IMO. But again, I’m glad I wasn’t the one to make that call...

Just a few more hours to bask in this glory before we move onto the next game:

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    The bunny tears were so delicious that day.
    Delicious and plentiful.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

January 11th, 2020: North Dakota State vs James Madison (FCS Championship Game)

Similar to the championship matchup two years prior these two teams had been on a collision source all throughout the regular season and playoffs. Behind the first freshman to ever win the Walter Payton Award as the most outstanding offensive player in the FCS in QB Trey Lance the Bison controlled the game throughout on a snowy field in Frisco but found themselves clinging to an 8 point lead with their backs to their own goal line in the final minute of the game. A James Hendricks pick in the endzone sealed it and Lance took the most outstanding player honors with 181 rush yards and a TD on a whopping 30 carries. With the win NDSU became the first college football team in 125 years to win 16 games in a season as they completed their 2nd straight perfect season and won their 8th FCS national title in 9 years in Matt Entz's first season as head coach.

Game highlights:

Game box score: https://gobison.com/sports/football/...boxscore/12159

Game recap: https://gobison.com/news/2020/1/11/f...nal-title.aspx

Bisonville GDT: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...-Championship)

Game replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IJIhvXriIs

The full list of games with links is in the first post of the thread.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Similar to the championship matchup two years prior these two teams had been on a collision source all throughout the regular season and playoffs. Behind the first freshman to ever win the Walter Payton Award as the most outstanding offensive player in the FCS in QB Trey Lance the Bison controlled the game throughout on a snowy field in Frisco but found themselves clinging to an 8 point lead with their backs to their own goal line in the final minute of the game. A James Hendricks pick in the endzone sealed it and Lance took the most outstanding player honors with 181 rush yards and a TD on a whopping 30 carries. With the win NDSU became the first college football team in 125 years to win 16 games in a season as they completed their 2nd straight perfect season and won their 8th FCS national title in 9 years in Matt Entz's first season as head coach.

Game highlights:

Game box score: https://gobison.com/sports/football/...boxscore/12159

Game recap: https://gobison.com/news/2020/1/11/f...nal-title.aspx

Bisonville GDT: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...-Championship)

Game replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IJIhvXriIs

The full list of games with links is in the first post of the thread.
    I belive it was also James Hendricks who was asking for help on the screen pass. Got none. Sheded the screen blocker and made the tackle. Awesome. Just as big as the int. Jimmy football had himself a ballgame.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I belive it was also James Hendricks who was asking for help on the screen pass. Got none. Sheded the screen blocker and made the tackle. Awesome. Just as big as the int. Jimmy football had himself a ballgame.
    Nope. That was Josh Hayes. Made both Stapleton boys his bitch that play.

Size of the fight in the dog exemplified.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Nope. That was Josh Hayes. Made both Stapleton boys his bitch that play.

Size of the fight in the dog exemplified.
    James was the help that didn't come then. Was trying to figure out why a safety would be on an island like that. Thanks

Lardsin must go!

The chatter from JMWho fans leading up to this game and all throughout the playoffs is what elevates this game for me. Some of the stupidest, delusional, entitled, douchebag internet fans I have ever encountered.

The Jimmy football pick and the look on DiDouchey’s face for what seemed like hours afterward... just the best ever.

Fuckem.