Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Offensive Depth Charts

Default Re: 2017 Offensive Depth Charts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I agree. These two home games won't be "fun" to watch, but we will get to see a lot of kids that NEED valuable experience. I would prefer a crappy game, a fun FBS game, and a solid (ranked) FCS team. The absolute problem here is that NOBODY wants to come up for a bodybag game anymore. It isn't like we are turning down games. We are overpaying for teams that are "willing" to come up here. We will continue to see crappy teams that are broke that need the paycheck that we can afford to pay based on our fanbase.

Personally, I am actually pretty excited to see our backups play. I am excited to see the young RB's, excited to see Cain/Engle at WR, Ben and company at Tight End, our younger OL and probably how the linebacker depth works out. Going to be a total blowout. I hope we open some huge holes and have some long runs. We won't be flashy, NOTHING will be shown. Think....vanilla ice cream.
    Burgundy, what's the insider word on Spencer Waege? Being in Sioux Falls, the Argus tabbed him as the top recruit out of SD last year, and now I hearing rumblings this was a huge B1G miss.

I agree. These two home games won't be "fun" to watch, but we will get to see a lot of kids that NEED valuable experience. I would prefer a crappy game, a fun FBS game, and a solid (ranked) FCS team. The absolute problem here is that NOBODY wants to come up for a bodybag game anymore. It isn't like we are turning down games. We are overpaying for teams that are "willing" to come up here. We will continue to see crappy teams that are broke that need the paycheck that we can afford to pay based on our fanbase.

Personally, I am actually pretty excited to see our backups play. I am excited to see the young RB's, excited to see Cain/Engle at WR, Ben and company at Tight End, our younger OL and probably how the linebacker depth works out. Going to be a total blowout. I hope we open some huge holes and have some long runs. We won't be flashy, NOTHING will be shown. Think....vanilla ice cream.
    agree with all this, the MVSU and RMU games are really needed for the younger players and with a new OC to work his thing, the EWU game is a good test in the right slot also between the "gimmie" games.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Think....vanilla ice cream.
    I always laugh when people say vanilla in reference to being bland. In reality the flavor profile of vanilla is infinitely more complex than chocolate and other flavors.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    I always laugh when people say vanilla in reference to being bland. In reality the flavor profile of vanilla is infinitely more complex than chocolate and other flavors.
    nobody cares

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Burgundy, what's the insider word on Spencer Waege? Being in Sioux Falls, the Argus tabbed him as the top recruit out of SD last year, and now I hearing rumblings this was a huge B1G miss.
    He gonna play!!!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    My impression....Uggh...first kid we get is a small town SD kid. I am thinking...great...first kid...not a huge offer list, probably a project but a kid the other Dakota schools wanted. I honestly didn't think much about the kid.

Jamar Cain leaves...and had a REALLY hard time leaving this group he had...and had coming in. Was VERY quick to point Spencer out as a freak. I was like.....seriously? The smalltown SD kid? QUICKLY he says things like...if he grew up in Omaha or Minneapolis he is in the Big Ten. I was shocked. Jamar wanted to get bigger and longer kids. Said this kid is special.

Then you talk to the staff now, and they just feel he is already a difference maker. Over 250 lbs, 6'5 with a great motor, worked hard, was up all summer like everyone. Always nice to have a SD kid.

So in summary, I barely thought twice about this kid on signing day, but the staff knew what they were getting. Sounds like this D Line class is something quite special.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

My impression....Uggh...first kid we get is a small town SD kid. I am thinking...great...first kid...not a huge offer list, probably a project but a kid the other Dakota schools wanted. I honestly didn't think much about the kid.

Jamar Cain leaves...and had a REALLY hard time leaving this group he had...and had coming in. Was VERY quick to point Spencer out as a freak. I was like.....seriously? The smalltown SD kid? QUICKLY he says things like...if he grew up in Omaha or Minneapolis he is in the Big Ten. I was shocked. Jamar wanted to get bigger and longer kids. Said this kid is special.

Then you talk to the staff now, and they just feel he is already a difference maker. Over 250 lbs, 6'5 with a great motor, worked hard, was up all summer like everyone. Always nice to have a SD kid.

So in summary, I barely thought twice about this kid on signing day, but the staff knew what they were getting. Sounds like this D Line class is something quite special.
    Sounds like the rumblings I am hearing are accurate. Thanks for the info. Folks, keep you eye on this kid.

We won't be flashy, NOTHING will be shown. Think....vanilla ice cream.
    With sprinkles.... because the Bison are winners.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    You must be a really big nerd if you laugh at that. You are probably laughing by yourself and people around you must think you're a wack job.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    With sprinkles.... because the Bison are winners.