Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Turn down the speakers

Swaghook is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Turn down the speakers

Had a seat in 21 for this game and I had others around me watching the bunnies game on their phones instead of the one they came to see.

I remember several years ago we had a discussion here about how to get more noise in the dome...including the PA system. It was all pretty weak.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I don't get the bison crowd... Really playoffs if we're such a rabid fan base why do we need a cheerleader in the first half. I'd be somewhat okay in the second half and we're kind of into cruise control... But still. Section 21 even yesterday was pretty lackluster. SDbison must have given up hope on rows J thru T or so. Most of them were sitting down. Normally pretty decent. I get pumped for playoffs you don't know when the end is coming so give 110%!
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    I believe it had more to do with the opponent than anything else. No disrespect intended to San Diego, as they showed they were better than most thought, but at the end of the day, they were who we thought they were.

Simply put, the crowd will be "Jacked" up come Saturday morning for the Bunnies. There will be much more nervous energy in the fan base that will be released, as we will anticipate a game that we COULD lose. It will feel like Iowa, K-State, Ga. Southern, etc......

There will be no "Fatigue" with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaghook View Post
    Had a seat in 21 for this game and I had others around me watching the bunnies game on their phones instead of the one they came to see.
    Well, when you are up by 4 touchdowns in the 4th quarter, its probably ok.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Swaghook View Post
    I was doing the same in 20 after ours got boring as were many others I saw.

Red Bull shots will be handed out at the door to keep the crowd going. It is free so you know even the milk drinkers and knitter will take them.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by BraxtonT View Post
    I believe it had more to do with the opponent than anything else. No disrespect intended to San Diego, as they showed they were better than most thought, but at the end of the day, they were who we thought they were.

Simply put, the crowd will be "Jacked" up come Saturday morning for the Bunnies. There will be much more nervous energy in the fan base that will be released, as we will anticipate a game that we COULD lose. It will feel like Iowa, K-State, Ga. Southern, etc......

Meh, but it's the playoffs was my point shouldn't matter if we think we will roll them by 50 or 1 in the final score, at least through beginning of 2nd half. We tout ourselves as this rabid fan base granted we are a great traveling one but the cheering in the dome leaves a lot to be desired.

I agree the crowd will be into this game more against SDSU.

My home gameday routine. I put on the same gray shirt for every game regardless of the color mandated by Bison Athletics and go tailgate with a great group of people who for the most part tolerate me. I don't tell them to drink or not and they do the same. I do enjoy the free booze. I go inside the dome, and at the end of the anthem flip the horns and yell Bison. During the game, I do not stand or yell, although I will occasionally engage in a high five. Strangely, no one tells me how to act, except for the person who sits next to me when I threaten to show the whole stadium with a hand gesture the Bison are #1 if they show us on the stupid kiss cam. People all around stand and yell and I have never told them what to do either. I have had season tickets for 14 years, and no matter how despicable some might find my outlandish behavior, you can never have my tickets. I have a great time and try to show my appreciation with an annual check to Team Makers. Isn't freedom great?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BraxtonT View Post

Yeah, I didn't cheer nearly as loud as usual. That game was over before it started...different story next week.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

I really do hate the wave when we are on offense. Bohl hated it also.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans