Page 272 of 293 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 2928

Thread: Iowa

Default Re: Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Analysis from Iowa State Game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5egDZF1sAOE

Hawkeyes Defense.

- Two guys Jaleel Johnson and Antony Nelson. Jaleel Johnson is a big guy taking lot of space. He closes the gap fast and blocks running lanes. Antony Nelson forces lot of fumble

Hawkeyes Offense

RB

- Power Run, that boy LeShaun Daniels, is a force of nature, he gets tackled by Cyclone DLine and then he gains atleast 5 extra yards.
    38:40
    50:06

- Akrum Wadley, he is a lightning in a bottle,
    1:29:36

WR

- Vandenberg, he made some great catches.
    40:06
    48:56 - Leaping Catch
    1:19:45 - Good screen pass to outside to the TE by the Hawks
    1:28:05 - amazing catch Vadenberg

For the Cyclones there were few stretches were they were good,

25:35- 31:05 - Nice Cyclone Drive
    1:14:10 - Nice sack by the Cyclones Defense.
    1:19:00 - Nice run block by Cyclones Defense.

By the end of 3rd qrt Hawks were up by 42 points. I just stopped watching.
    Yeah, basically Iowa St. is really bad. About the only take home message you can get from that game.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BrewHawk View Post
    Yeah, basically Iowa St. is really bad. About the only take home message you can get from that game.
    Their Defense played well for awhile during the 2nd half, their offense sucks. The only guy who made plays was that 6-5 WR. One thing I noticed about Hawks Offense was they are so well coached. There was a play where the entire front 5 Hawkeyes OLine takes a step to the right and then second step forward. It looked like a synchronized army march. It was just beautiful.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by go hawks View Post
    You must have lived in Ames. Hawkeye fans stopped apologizing for that dump years ago. As an Iowan, I am embarrassed to have that town in my state, but can't find another state that will take them. It's sad when both NE & SD turn you down.
    what about sioux city?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I got through two pages before the page died, and many of the posts were about meteors taking out both teams. The irony it would be if TCF ever gets hit by one. Of course, I hope nobody is in or around it.

With that said, still can't figure out why Goofers have fans to begin with, especially in regards to football. I know Foggie was fun to watch, but he wasn't that great and that happened a long, long time ago.
    Minnesota fans have serious self-esteem issues and they project it on all of their opponents. Grew up in Iowa, lived in Chicago, Kansas City and now Minneapolis. The "fans" in Minnesota are a pathetic bunch. Inherently negative and full of excuses. All of the neighboring state's teams make them look bad. Iowa, Wisconsin and NDSU all have proud fan bases and robust programs.

It's somewhat poetic that Jerry Kill retired. They don't deserve him.

Quote Originally Posted by HawkDrummer View Post
    Minnesota fans have serious self-esteem issues and they project it on all of their opponents. Grew up in Iowa, lived in Chicago, Kansas City and now Minneapolis. The "fans" in Minnesota are a pathetic bunch. Inherently negative and full of excuses. All of the neighboring state's teams make them look bad. Iowa, Wisconsin and NDSU all have proud fan bases and robust programs.

I grew up in Northern Minnesota and they're a bit rough on all their pro teams too in that they believe they should be contenders despite that nearly every pro team owner is cheap (Vikings are getting a little better). The only Minnesota team I followed (and still do) are the Twins.

In regards to the University, I don't remember anyone cheering or praising the football team while growing up once Foggie graduated. The only teams that got followed in my area were the hockey team (fans were split between them and UM-Duluth), wrestling and the basketball team when they were having decent seasons. When John Roethlisberger was competing, the gymnastic program had some following, but not the football team. Gophers for the most part, were the doormat of the Big 10 back then.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HawkDrummer View Post

Well said.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I got through two pages before the page died, and many of the posts were about meteors taking out both teams. The irony it would be if TCF ever gets hit by one. Of course, I hope nobody is in or around it.

With that said, still can't figure out why Goofers have fans to begin with, especially in regards to football. I know Foggie was fun to watch, but he wasn't that great and that happened a long, long time ago.
    I actually respect fans that stick with a team over a prolonged dry period.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I actually respect fans that stick with a team over a PROLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...OOONGED dry period.
    You really needed a little emphasis there to give that proper perspective.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    You and others who feel/think this will be disappointed, IMO. Not a shot at you or them, just MO.

Sent from my iPhone.
    No offense, but we also remember your opinion in regards to starting Wentz vs JSU. We all know how that turned out! But with that said, I'll side with you this go around. This isn't going to be a K-State kind of score.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This week's game will be the reality check that apparently the Hok fans didn't get in the Rose Bowl last year. There will be no "we had a great time in Pasadena anyway" lines.

I'm going to enjoy watching the Bison humble the Hoks . . . and then be humbled in Cedar Falls later in the season.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016