Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Chuck South Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: Chuck South Post Game Thoughts

Maybe this is the reason that koonce lost his spot on his other team. It's going to be a long year if he punts like this every game. Stick needs to throw the ball earlier, seems like he waited to long on several passes that let the defense recover after they were initially open.

This may not be the right thread to say this, but their RB's were big, physical, and fast. We missed some tackles at times, which is uncharacteristic of our D. However, I chalk that up to them having two solid RBs. I also believe that they will make a deep playoff run.

Quote Originally Posted by NodakNate View Post
    This may not be the right thread to say this, but their RB's were big, physical, and fast. We missed some tackles at times, which is uncharacteristic of our D. However, I chalk that up to them having two solid RBs. I also believe that they will make a deep playoff run.
    They were not big but they were quick.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BFKasper14 View Post
    I was in there at 5:00 watching him punt. Maybe I just saw the good ones. He was standing at the 45 on the opposite side of the field and pretty consistently hitting the goal line. Not saying EVERY punt was like that, but it wasn't awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What you need to remember is he will be receiving the snap 10-15 yards behind the LOS and those 10-15 yards don't count for shit. So he was "booming" them for 40 yards.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Koonce punted 6 times.

From the NDSU 34: 29 yards,
    From the NDSU 44: 34 yards,
    From the NDSU 36: 34 yards.
    From the NDSU 46: 30 yards.
    From the NDSU 36: 36 yards.
    From the NDSU 10: 32 yards.

No touchbacks, no pooch punts, and nothing placed inside the 20 making these numbers even worse.
    This is much more than missing a great punter that graduated or "being spoiled".
    There are many reasons a player changes schools...poor performance leading to lack of playing time can be one. His 2015 stats would seem to reflect reduced playing time. 2015 had an SMU kicker take over punting duties with somewhat better results whatever the reasons were behind that change (injury, personal, etc). I will hope the Bison coaches can get Mr Koonce performing at a higher level very quickly.

Career Punting Statistics
    Season GP ATT YDS Long AVG TB FC I20 50+ BLK
    2014 12 74 3017 60 40.8 3 14 14 8 0
    2015 4 27 1069 54 39.6 2 6 3 3 2
    Total 16 101 4086 60 40.5 5 20 17 11 2

(on edit...sorry, but the stats don't display in the same manner as they do when I typed them in)

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    CSU was a very good team and deserves respect. That said, some adjustments at half time would have been nice. Our play calling makes everything difficult.

I sure hope Deluca is alright, I looked forward to watching him all summer.

A couple guys on defense looked totally spent in the 4th quarter, not used to seeing that. There were plays our defenders were pursuing like someone else was going to make the tackle. WTF? CSU was tough but make them wish they were on their ffffing airplane!

The Bison are great but our crowd and maybe even the players weren't as fired up as if it was Jacksonville State coming in. CSU is as good as the cocks.
    I thought the dome was incredibly dull last night. At least 40-50% of my section was sitting down the entire game. And it's fine if you don't want to stand up, but make some noise my god.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    They were not big but they were quick.
    Our guy Hammond was a Final 5 finalist for Mr Football in high school in SC. Of the 5 the other 4 went to SEC/ACC schools ND were all big time 4/5 star type recruits. STILL haven't figured out how or why Hammond wasn't signed by a major school. But I'm glad we landed him somehow.

CSU has long been a place where guys "end up at" . For better or worse. We've never lacked raw talent. Just so much instability with coaching staff assistants bc pay sucks and they come and go yearly. Chadwells biggest accomplishment aside from the wins is keeping a staff together for 4 years. The stability and continuity pays off.

For the record I'm now a huge NDSU fan for 2016. I want you guys to win out and be #1 because if we win the Big South....having an OT thriller in Fargo vs #1 will help our resume. And we want The Citadel (our in city rival) again at our place haha!!!! Go Bucs and Go Bison, yall boys go win out!

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I thought the dome was incredibly dull last night. At least 40-50% of my section was sitting down the entire game. And it's fine if you don't want to stand up, but make some noise my god.
    That's pretty ridiculous..especially when there are people out there that would have killed to be at the game and make a hell of a lot of noise!

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Our endzone was standing and yelling at 90 percent the whole time the defense was on the field.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by Kingslayer View Post
    That's pretty ridiculous..especially when there are people out there that would have killed to be at the game and make a hell of a lot of noise!

There's Way too many people hoarding season tickets with kids, grandPa, etc. they aren't loud, they just sit there. We need a way to push some of these hoarders out
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?