Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes needed to tailgating lot

Default Re: Changes needed to tailgating lot

Wonder if there's any chance the newly paved areas of R-lot could eventually be for tailgating? There just aren't a lot of good options for expansion from a geographic standpoint. If you want premium parking as a perk, you have to use the south lot for that. It's the only lot that works(close to the FD and easily segregated). You don't want to add one of the east lots because that would make regular parking a mess. Paving or allowing one or two of the softball diamonds to become parking areas could work now that the city opened that big softball park north of town.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Wonder if there's any chance the newly paved areas of R-lot could eventually be for tailgating? There just aren't a lot of good options for expansion from a geographic standpoint. If you want premium parking as a perk, you have to use the south lot for that. It's the only lot that works(close to the FD and easily segregated). You don't want to add one of the east lots because that would make regular parking a mess. Paving or allowing one or two of the softball diamonds to become parking areas could work now that the city opened that big softball park north of town.
    Only way that would work would be to block it off and have a lot of security being that part of that lot is a student lot.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Good grief. I quit reading several pages ago. What is the real reason for not allowing an expansion of the tailgate area if there is demand? Is it because the city/police don't want to monitor more area?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post

Sounds like that area is going to be additional reserved TM parking based on post fanette made about them offering her a spot there... Maybe I misread that post though. Would make sense though as it could easily be blocked out on game days to keep the commoners out.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Are you serious? Police/security enforces a tear down time and entrance to the stadium? We have nothing like this in Ames. I can't even imagine someone trying to enforce it. In fact, for the bi-annual home game with Iowa, there will be as many people in the tailgate lots during the game as there are in the stadium. We have a tailgate before the game, another during the game for folks who don't have tickets and watch on TV, and then another after the game. You guys have some issues up there.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Are you serious? Police/security enforces a tear down time and entrance to the stadium? We have nothing like this in Ames. I can't even imagine someone trying to enforce it. In fact, for the bi-annual home game with Iowa, there will be as many people in the tailgate lots during the game as there are in the stadium. We have a tailgate before the game, another during the game for folks who don't have tickets and watch on TV, and then another after the game. You guys have some issues up there.
    Exactly. With how many people don't get tickets to the game here, you should be allowed to sit at your tailgate and watch on TV. That kind of thing is probably self-policing as well since you have stories of generators, coolers, etc walking away.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Good grief. I quit reading several pages ago. What is the real reason for not allowing an expansion of the tailgate area if there is demand? Is it because the city/police don't want to monitor more area?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    We don't really know anything except that there are political barriers in place that are taking forever to get through.

The closest thing we have to an idea is people trying to read between the lines of some of PL's posts, but he doesn't have all of the information either so that doesn't get you too far.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Imagine that, a huge portion of taxpayers that helped pay for the Fargodome and the parking lots want to use the parking lots for tailgating and pay an additional fee for parking along with a ticket cost that will support both NDSU and the city of Fargo. But the taxpayers have little or no say in it and are barred from expansion because the minority anti alcohol group and bureaucrats oppose it.

Only last point I'll add is some of us wonder if NDSU needs to go public to "out" what is happening so the public can put pressure on them since this has been an issue for years, now. Whatever is happening, some folk have clearly never left Fargo who are involved in this.

(And to head off criticism, I am no longer sure "outing" is the right move; impossible without knowing exactly what is going on.)

I think Team Makers/NDSU/Fargodome is completely missing the boat on GA lot tailgating and tailgating during games. Imagine this scenario if you will:

Each week TM partners with one of the tent rental places in town for "x" number of 10'x20' tents/canopies that will be placed in the GA lots. All available on a first come/first serve basis. There would obviously be premium pricing on these as they would be set up by the rental companies the night before. These tents would not be able to be occupied until the normal start of tailgating. They would allow 2 parking spots in addition to the tent setup to allow for gear to be hauled in and out. Anyone with these premium tailgate experience tents would also be allowed to tailgate during the game and watch tv within the tents (how they get the TV signal is up to the renters). Groups would be free to allow whomever they want into their tents to watch for free. TM themselves (or the FD) could have a VIP tent that they setup, charge a nominal fee to buy a wristband that allows you to watch the game in their tent and consume your own alcohol (no minors allowed).

To me it sounds like a decent money maker and a way to appease the "I can't find a ticket" crowd that still likes to tailgate and be a part of the Bison experience.