Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Iowa Roll Call

Default Re: Iowa Roll Call

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Wheres the shuttle stop? Problem is the traffic on Melrose is horrendous. Kickoff is 11am. Better leave by 930-10am to make the kick off.
    Here's a link to the PDF that has the shuttle route. Looks like it's just north of the NDSU lot in something called Lot 71.

http://www.ndsualumni.com/file/event...huttle2016.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    By my mapping, that is only 2 miles from the stadium. I think walking would make a lot of sense and likely be faster. I am sure it would only take 30-40 min one way; a lot like K St.
    If traffic is really that bad you're probably right, but it is a little further than K-State. By my googlemapping, the route I took at K-State was a 1.1 mile 22 minute walk, the walk mapped in the link for Iowa will be 1.8 miles and 36 minutes.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Till View Post
    Here's a link to the PDF that has the shuttle route. Looks like it's just north of the NDSU lot in something called Lot 71.

http://www.ndsualumni.com/file/event...huttle2016.pdf
    Thanks for the map. I know the area well and I can see the shuttle is staying away from Melrose Ave.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The real question is where are the good sports bars?

Swaghook is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We're in with 3 in the stands and 1 in the band.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    The real question is where are the good sports bars?
    In Coralville:30 Hop,Vine,Tailgaters Iowa City downtown:Airliner,Joes.Sports Column,BWW

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyejoe View Post
    In Coralville:30 Hop,Vine,Tailgaters Iowa City downtown:Airliner,Joes.Sports Column,BWW
    Curious, hawkeyjoe, you think most Iowa fans have any idea how many folks we will bring? What I am getting at is I suspect we will have more fans at this game than a least a few B1G teams when they come.

(FWIW K St. fans were kind of shocked; I do want to tip my hat to the drunk lady when I parking for tailgating who screamed at me, "We are going to kick your ass?")

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Curious, hawkeyjoe, you think most Iowa fans have any idea how many folks we will bring? What I am getting at is I suspect we will have more fans at this game than a least a few B1G teams when they come.

(FWIW K St. fans were kind of shocked; I do want to tip my hat to the drunk lady when I parking for tailgating who screamed at me, "We are going to kick your ass?")
    Most get it but I have been to games with over 20,000 that never went to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyejoe View Post
    You just listed BWW as a "good sports bar"...can we really take the rest as quality establishments?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    You just listed BWW as a "good sports bar"...can we really take the rest as quality establishments?
    Well you could stay in your room.