Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Holly Johnson situation

Default Re: Holly Johnson situation

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Mens team sits on scholarships all the time.
    Sometimes they do sometimes they don't. Neither avenue makes them stupid.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I like what Maren has done so far, this is what I expected to see from a coach who is determined on wining, we dont need any drama just a team that is focused on winning. I support Maren 100%
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    Bingo. Lots of people won't like what Walseth has done, but I believe she has us on an upward trajectory in 1-2 years. There will be growing pains, no question. This is one of those growing pains.

I hope so.

This program has been a joke for over a decade. Hope MW's plan works out. If not, back to the drawing board with another coach and another 1/2 decade of "rebuilding"....

To: GoBison123- You like what Walseth has done? They are 5-15, face reality-the whole program sucks again, what has Walseth done that you like so much? Of course programs sit on scholarships, but you better be in communication with those players wanting to come back and play-especially Johnson. What a slap in the face to the ndsu womens team, as Johnson goes up and plays for UND!! Walseth needs to understand that you have to be a better politician than a coach to be successful on the sidelines in sports at the D1 level; Unfortunately she is neither!!

Quote Originally Posted by HimOleChief View Post
    To: GoBison123- You like what Walseth has done? They are 5-15, face reality-the whole program sucks again, what has Walseth done that you like so much? Of course programs sit on scholarships, but you better be in communication with those players wanting to come back and play-especially Johnson. What a slap in the face to the ndsu womens team, as Johnson goes up and plays for UND!! Walseth needs to understand that you have to be a better politician than a coach to be successful on the sidelines in sports at the D1 level; Unfortunately she is neither!!
    Poor thing has two posts both blasting walseth.... Haha good luck

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    This thread is confusing.....

We have one person on here basically attacking the coach for leaving Holly out in the cold, when they suggest to leave someone else out in the cold so Holly can stay on.
    We only know one side of the situation, and we have people on here speaking on behalf of the entire team about the coach.
    We just came from Dehoff who was a terrible coach and is solely responsible for why this program is where it is.
    We have a 17 page thread going on in because of a senior who didn't take the medical advise of the team doctor's?

I don't really understand the situation other than what I'm reading in this thread, but if she wanted a second opinion beyond what the contracted medical doctors are of the school, I would think and understand she is putting herself at risk of not falling in line with what the coach's plan is.

She's a senior who had plans fall and didn't want to fall in line with what the medical staff advised. And whoever is saying the coach is stupid for filling out her scholarships, well that's just f'n stupid.

Good luck to Holly, I'm sure it will work just fine for her up at UND where they have a better women's bball program anyways. She's moving on to better things.
    Well, I'm going to give you what's coming out of Minot, ND I just spoke with several people I know out there and they have a LOT different opinion on the situation than you.

Point one, why treat HJ this way. Someone who has worked her ass off for the program, does not needed to be treated this way. Are you aware that HJ would have paid her way? She did not need a scholarship next year but the coach never even discussed that option with her. Don't you think she and her family at least deserved that?

This does not help in anyway for future recruits from ND and western ND in particular. Trust me this is not going well in Minot..not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Well, I'm going to give you what's coming out of Minot, ND I just spoke with several people I know out there and they have a LOT different opinion on the situation than you.

Point one, why treat HJ this way. Someone who has worked her ass off for the program, does not needed to be treated this way. Are you aware that HJ would have paid her way? She did not need a scholarship next year but the coach never even discussed that option with her. Don't you think she and her family at least deserved that?

This does not help in anyway for future recruits from ND and western ND in particular. Trust me this is not going well in Minot..not at all.
    What about a full roster next year do people not understand? Who do the fine people from Minot and western ND want kicked off the team so HJ has a spot next year?

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    What program anywhere intentionally holds back scholarships? That doesn't even make sense. There won't be 15 players on the bench. There will be redshirts. Those student/athletes are on 5 year plans with the program, so it isn't the same situation before you whine about that again. These are women. D1 college basketball is a business as much as it is about education and athletics. If the discussion is about parents, babies, and girls, then lets burn this shit down and make it a club team with no scholarships. Bring in a sport where women will play and leave the girls to their own. Otherwise, it is time to pull up the big girl underwear and realize this is no different than what happens in other sports and to other scholarship athletes. Just they aren't going to the press and whining about it. When they do, no one is really caring all that much. I trust the athletic department and teammakers is making the most out of the money I donate and this is a perfect example of not wasting it on a bench player who already has a degree. There I said it and I won't take it back.
    She and her family would have paid for her to be here...try again...

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    What about a full roster next year do people not understand? Who do the fine people from Minot and western ND want kicked off the team so HJ has a spot next year?

so you are telling me none of the seven freshman are going to redshirt and there will be no injuries? Have you been watching the program the past 10 years. We struggle to have enough players EVERY YEAR!!

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    so you are telling me none of the seven freshman are going to redshirt and there will be no injuries? Have you been watching the program the past 10 years. We struggle to have enough players EVERY YEAR!!
    A full roster includes redshirts. There are only so many spots on the roster. There are 7 incoming freshmen.