Page 33 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Tailgating Policy

Default Re: Football Tailgating Policy

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Whats going on with the tailgate line up? Are we at BBF yet? No. Newman? No? Hmmmm The Wellness center? No?Is there any line at all???????
    Go back and read my posts, Pat. I've thought an overflow lot is a great idea for this very reason. It is like you are trying to rewrite history; because there is not problem this week, magically, there was no problem in past weeks. You will see the same problem the first half of the season next year, and the next, and the next.....

And, hell, it is only the night before; I guess if folks have to get there at 5 AM to get a spot, that is okay in your book? Good grief.

Whats going on with the tailgate line up? Are we at BBF yet? No. Newman? No? Hmmmm The Wellness center? No?Is there any line at all???????
    At 730, it was part way down 18th...

im going to go out on a limb and say...its cold, its a crappy game, and with home games 2 weekends in a row, who wants to overnight it in their truck/car/bus again? we're not even bringing the FC tomorrow.

The lines won't be as long super early, like the night before, because less people tailgate later in the year. It's going to be 32 degrees when the lots open. Not quite as good as even last week. It's kind of like when the students demand more seats yet this week they didn't use there allotment.
    Last edited by Bison03; 10-19-2015 at 09:17 PM.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

I've been in line because I want to make sure I really like bringing a rig to tailgating before I commit to this full time. Got here at 7 last night and a block away from 17th, so obviously not as crazy. A couple of things not being addressed are if they find a way to garner more tailgating space, they can assign more spots to reserved tailgating and lock down guaranteed revenue for the whole season. Also, getting in line costs money. I heard many generators and vehicle engines running during the night. My furnace is pretty efficient, but I'm sure I ran through a couple pounds of propane last night. Now you have a whole line of people burning money to sit in a line when there is open spaces around the dome for either parking or more tailgating. If I am willing to pay more to be in line, I'm probably not the only one willing to pay more to not be in line.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Perhaps people are sick of fucking sitting in line for something no line is justified. NDSU may have fucked themselves.

And I'll say this--Time for Pat Simmers to retire!! Period. And more reasons than his lack of ability to be creative and stay ahead of the game.

And yes, I'll tell it to his face tomorrow and will tell Dean B when I see him next personally.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Simmers cannot make a unilateral decision to take over the tailgate lots and or expand anything. He has been a proponent
    Of change. He has brought forward many ideas that have been brought up here. He is very forward thinking. But there are other forces at work. There are 5 to six entitientities that need to sign off. You can't lay this on his feet. Wild speculation and unfounded comments on a message board does not advance the decision making process of those concerns. It just throws gas on the fire of missinformation.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 10-17-2015 at 01:47 PM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    Hasn't everyone said that as soon as homecoming was over the crowds would go down? I'm pretty sure that's exactly what everyone had said. Plus, until the UN_ game having lines at 6am vs 5pm was normal, maybe we're just back to normal after the two biggest games of the year.

Regardless of that, even if I can show up at noon tomorrow and park in the GA lot that does nothing to change the fact that there is a need for adjustments to tailgating and a need for overflow.

The fact that you don't see a need doesn't mean that there isn't one. The only thing that there is no need for is you're smug attitude and your thinking anything you don't agree with is automatically wrong.
    It's not a smug attitude at all. It's more of a... I'm tired of the same old shit complaints after the reasons have been explained and the same people who keep bitching won't make a fucking phone call to get the answers themselves. As in they aren't armed with the knowledge to make an informed opinion and won't try to get that knowledge but think there opinion is the right one . So who is the one really being closed minded?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I wonder how much it costs to rent out Vic's parking lot...
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Default Football Tailgating Policy

Simmers cannot make a unilateral decision to take over the tailgate lots and or expand anything. He has been a proponent
    Of change. He has brought forward many ideas that have been brought up here. He is very forward thinking. But there are other forces at work. There are 5 to six entitientities that need to sign off. You can't lay this on his feet. Wild speculation and unfounded comments on a message board does not advance the decision making process of those concerns. It just throws gas on the fire of missinformation.
    Shut up ... and cook.

What's on the menu today!!??

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've seen a couple messages searching past posts... but not seeing anything in the NDSU guidelines... a guy in our group wants to bring a turkey fryer for a turkey tailgate this weekend... are these even allowed?

http://fargodome.com/guidelines-policies