Page 26 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It would be like a strip club losing money.... in Williston!
    Or the Wild Pitch losing money the first weekend in January.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

FD Authority votes 7-1 to allow beer sales in suites and in a beer garden. No booze in the stands. Future approvals need to come from NDSU, the NDUS chancellor, and the Fargo city commission.

http://www.inforum.com/news/3806489-...s-first-hurdle

As far as only having it in the suites and a beer garden, I think that's a good start. If a season or two goes by and there are no problems, then they will have to look at expanding it into the rest of the stands, except the student secition obviously. I mean come on, there are concerts at the dome with 20,000+ people where alcohol is served and there are few to no problems.
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I mean come on, there are concerts at the dome with 20,000+ people where alcohol is served and there are few to no problems.
    Are there five hours of tailgating before those concerts?

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    As far as only having it in the suites and a beer garden, I think that's a good start. If a season or two goes by and there are no problems, then they will have to look at expanding it into the rest of the stands, except the student secition obviously. I mean come on, there are concerts at the dome with 20,000+ people where alcohol is served and there are few to no problems.
    Just had John Q on kfgo. The reason they can have booze in suites and not in stands is that the people in suites dont have access to the field like the seats do. Sooo a guy in ff is closer to the field than a suite. All righty then...
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I get that argument. But I could counter with other points. I don't think that everyone that would have a beer in the dome are ones who have been tailgating all morning. I know that after I have enjoyed a few beers in the west lot, I don't feel the need for any more alcohol once I get inside. There are lots of people who would want a beer at the game that is their first beer of the day.
    Last edited by Bison03; 07-29-2015 at 06:47 PM.
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Man this is great. Heitkamp is going off. He is railing on NDSU for not allowing it everywhere. Does he have no clue that they would more than likely love to have it and the income but there is a strong anti alcohol portion that want nothing to do with alcohol in the dome. Does he not know how hard it was to get tailgaiting with alcohol??????? He is taking all the heat and making the argument FOR Bresciani who he is railing against. NDSU was trying a step by step approach to get to the end goal while not riling up the anti alcohol crowd but hey if loudmouth wants to go all the way and push it I really doubt NDSU is going to push back. He thought it was a way to make Bresciani look bad but he is actually doing the dirty work for him.

DANCE PUPPET DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Maybe not, but I know people that drink alot more before they go to a concert at a bar than they drink tailgating.

I'm just happy and amused to see that the argument has shifted so quickly away from the teetotalers. Apparently the only thing that we like less than drinking in public is other people being able to do it when we can't.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I'm just happy and amused to see that the argument has shifted so quickly away from the teetotalers. Apparently the only thing that we like less than drinking in public is other people being able to do it when we can't.
    I have had idiots throw up near where I was sitting at both a Vikings game and a Bison game and neither time did they have a beer in their hand. I have seen people still shitfaced after a Bison game, so they are either still drunk from tailgating or no alcohol rules in the Fargodome didn't stop them. People we sit near have like jumbo-sized flasks they bring in every game and they are pouring into their soda cups the whole game and I have never seen them act belligerent. The bottom line is that people who have a problem with alcohol will have a problem with alcohol in the dome whether there is drinking there or not and whether it is allowed or not. Go with the beer gardens and when there isn't any extra issues, open it up to more. There is no problem incrementally introducing this to appease the naysayers. Once they are onboard, everything will be fine. Lastly, I think there is probably more of a problem with people chugging the couple right before they go in then maybe only chugging one and having one a half hour later in the beer garden.