Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What lies ahead....?

Default What lies ahead....?

Bringing in Walseth did absolutely nothing last year to move things forward. She was an awful 11-18, anyone can go 11 and 18. If she was even close to .500 I'd give her forgiveness. When Walseth allows/encourages Brooke LeMar to shoot 20-25 times a game at the expense of not understanding and not including how to make the other four girls on the court to be scorers/ shooters/threats/contributors to help the team win I was confused by her basketball logic to let LeMar make or break the team alone by putting all the eggs in one basket of a single player alone-This isn't the NBA, Brooke LeMar doesn't have the middle name of Steph, LeBron, or Kobe in it; I was pretty disappointed in our new coach's lack of understanding of basketball x's and o's at the mid major d1 level here. Hopefully Walseth can get at least close to .500 this year. Forget about recruiting in the next juco college superstar or chasing the next out of state player from god knows where. Any coach who understands basketball 101 should at least go .500 in this average mid major conference and can win with just the local talent in the Dakotas, MN, WI, IA..........it's not like we are playing in the Big Ten, or have I even seen a non conference heavyweight on the schedule yet..............Good luck this year girls and enjoy the fun-

Default Re: What lies ahead....?

Can I present the DeHoff years as a counter argument?? If you watched the team at all last year and compared to the previous 6 it was a very good step forward, Walseth has a ways to go though by all means. I liked her team's style of play better than DeHoff's. Plus she beat SDSU for first time in Fargo since like 10 years ago. In her first year. Like seeing a few promising recruits too!
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There's none so blind as those who will not see.
    This space for rent

Nearly doubled the previous years win total, and made a huge improvement in conference wins. (+5 IIRC). I'd say that's fairly significant for a first year head coach.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

HimOleChief throwum Maren under bus.

Living in Colorado, I didn't see any games, so I can't comment specifically on that. But I do think you have to give a new coach at least a couple years. I'm hoping to see improvement every year, though...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

The girls played hard last year and had fun. Under DeHoff they quick on her because she quit on them a couple years ago. Walserh is heading in the right direction. I am not willing to throw her under the bus for first year 11-18 record. Beat sdsu went to overtime with und.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by HimOleChief View Post
    Bringing in Walseth did absolutely nothing last year to move things forward. She was an awful 11-18, anyone can go 11 and 18. If she was even close to .500 I'd give her forgiveness. When Walseth allows/encourages Brooke LeMar to shoot 20-25 times a game at the expense of not understanding and not including how to make the other four girls on the court to be scorers/ shooters/threats/contributors to help the team win I was confused by her basketball logic to let LeMar make or break the team alone by putting all the eggs in one basket of a single player alone-This isn't the NBA, Brooke LeMar doesn't have the middle name of Steph, LeBron, or Kobe in it; I was pretty disappointed in our new coach's lack of understanding of basketball x's and o's at the mid major d1 level here. Hopefully Walseth can get at least close to .500 this year. Forget about recruiting in the next juco college superstar or chasing the next out of state player from god knows where. Any coach who understands basketball 101 should at least go .500 in this average mid major conference and can win with just the local talent in the Dakotas, MN, WI, IA..........it's not like we are playing in the Big Ten, or have I even seen a non conference heavyweight on the schedule yet..............Good luck this year girls and enjoy the fun-
    With all due respect, I can't help thinking that you might be an idiot.

The state of disrepair of the women's basketball program under DeHoff cannot be understated. It was BAD. Really, really bad.

I watched the ORU and SDSU games in Fargo last year and for the first time in a long time had fun. The team looked like a team. The coaches looked like coaches.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Great First post. Good luck with that.

Welcome to Bisonville.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Nice first post Mr DeHoff.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Nice first post Mr DeHoff.
    Wouldn't it be Mrs? Not there is anything wrong with that.