Page 96 of 111 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Semifinals: NDSU v Montana State

Default Re: 2019 Semifinals: NDSU v Montana State

Congrats to the Bobcats. This is one of the longest pregame threads in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Bison 1660 needs a Common Man or Barreiro type to balance out what they already have. PA's show is basically Bison 1660 for the twin cities but Common Man is entertaining because he'll flip flop on and off the bandwagon on a whim which will get people going and Barreiro is good because he'll call out the sunshine pumpers with reasoned opinions. McFeely thinks he's Barreiro but he's not... he's more of a poor man's Skip Bayless. They can keep The Insiders and the Brakedown the way it is but I think they'd be surprised how well they could do by putting an antagonist personality on daily. I mean it's basically made blowhards like Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith the highest paid "talent" at their respective sports media giants.
    I'll send nancy my resume, she already tried to hire me b4..... (not for on air. haha)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He's got a pretty diplomatic and conciliatory comment as the top comment on that video congratulating NDSU on the win. Seems like a nice enough guy whose fandom gave him the confidence in his team most of us would have at this point in the playoffs.

FWIW NDSU had a pretty underwhelming quarterfinal win against a MVFC opponent in 2015 also.
    Was that the game against UNI? If so it was against one of the best defenses we’ve faced on this run and was a really good win. Imo much better team than the Ill state team we just beat. I’m hoping that Bison come out fired up and angry against Bobcats

Bison 1660 needs a Common Man or Barreiro type to balance out what they already have. PA's show is basically Bison 1660 for the twin cities but Common Man is entertaining because he'll flip flop on and off the bandwagon on a whim which will get people going and Barreiro is good because he'll call out the sunshine pumpers with reasoned opinions. McFeely thinks he's Barreiro but he's not... he's more of a poor man's Skip Bayless. They can keep The Insiders and the Brakedown the way it is but I think they'd be surprised how well they could do by putting an antagonist personality on daily. I mean it's basically made blowhards like Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith the highest paid "talent" at their respective sports media giants.
    Hmmm, maybe a Bisonville segment...

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    yea theres even a whopping 2 boobcat fans here
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I'll send nancy my resume, she already tried to hire me b4..... (not for on air. haha)
    EL Chappo.... the JD Berreth (SDSU fame) of Bison Football..0nly he didn’t play.
    🤪
    "The bird is in your hand"

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Lakes having a show on Bison 1660....what could possibly go wrong? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Pretty sure that has to do with the slow work week ahead of the holidays.....that's why I keep stoppying by.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Lakes having a show on Bison 1660....what could possibly go wrong? LOL
    I'm really surprised he isn't one of those guys just talking nonsense into a camera.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Was that the game against UNI? If so it was against one of the best defenses we’ve faced on this run and was a really good win. Imo much better team than the Ill state team we just beat. I’m hoping that Bison come out fired up and angry against Bobcats
    That was against UNI and I think you're selling this year's Redbird defense short. Their safety Luther Kirk will be playing on Sundays next year as will their big DT John Ridgeway at some point (he's only a sophomore this year though so two more years of him... yikes). DE Romeo McKnight and DB Devin Taylor were both first team all-MVFC performers as juniors. LB Ty DeForest was also impressive... he was their leading tackler (2nd team all-MVFC) but I recall one play last week where he ran right with Jimmy Kepouros out of a slot on a deep post route that forced an incompletion from Lance. He's a senior though.

I think ISUr's first defensive performance against NDSU was more of a fluke than this last one was (although if you average them out it's probably about right considering how good NDSU's offense has been this year). They've got an elite defense and they're returning something like 8 or 9 starters on that side next year so it'll be a war again between them and the Bison offense when they come to the Fargodome for homecoming in 2020.