Page 95 of 111 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Semifinals: NDSU v Montana State

Default Re: 2019 Semifinals: NDSU v Montana State

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Holy shit, every time we bitch about Bison 1660's homerism and KVLY's production, realize this is what other teams have for their media coverage.
    Yeah I never did understand people complaining about 1660 being homers. The opposite is not them being overly critical, the opposite is them not existing. The same people complain all the time about Collin Cowherd or Stephen A’s hot takes. Imagine if it was Jeremy Jorgensen taking shots at our players on the air. We have it better than any other FCS and most G5 schools but it’s still not enough for some.

People on Bisonville bitch just to bitch, just like I am now. It wouldn’t be Bisonville without it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Yeah that was a classic. I never did see his post game analysis.
    He's got a pretty diplomatic and conciliatory comment as the top comment on that video congratulating NDSU on the win. Seems like a nice enough guy whose fandom gave him the confidence in his team most of us would have at this point in the playoffs.

FWIW NDSU had a pretty underwhelming quarterfinal win against a MVFC opponent in 2015 also.

My favorite was the masked K State fan.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Yeah I never did understand people complaining about 1660 being homers. The opposite is not them being overly critical, the opposite is them not existing. The same people complain all the time about Collin Cowherd or Stephen A’s hot takes. Imagine if it was Jeremy Jorgensen taking shots at our players on the air. We have it better than any other FCS and most G5 schools but it’s still not enough for some.

People on Bisonville bitch just to bitch, just like I am now. It wouldn’t be Bisonville without it.
    These other guys are exactly what would be if Bisonville produced the only media content on NDSU. Nobody wants that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    He's got a pretty diplomatic and conciliatory comment as the top comment on that video congratulating NDSU on the win. Seems like a nice enough guy whose fandom gave him the confidence in his team most of us would have at this point in the playoffs.

FWIW NDSU had a pretty underwhelming quarterfinal win against a MVFC opponent in 2015 also.
    Yes and especially after they went into Normal and knocked off the Redbirds. That was an eyebrow raising event for me. So I was a little bit surprised that they were dispatched so easily in the Fargodome the following week.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    My favorite was the masked K State fan.
    I bet he would have some good Austin Peay puns.

Sadly it doesn't appear like he does videos anymore.... maybe the Bison game broke him???

I don't understand the criticism of 1660 either. I can't claim to have sampled all of the media outlets in the Twin Cities but I can tell you that there was not much other than sunshine pumping going on down here with a little bit of Gopher success this year. As one would expect.

NDSU Football gets fantastic media coverage in my opinion for the level they play at and of course it is well earned. I think the Gophers would be thrilled to have similar coverage.

He needs a script. Also, how do you get a press pass being a youtube blogger?
    Yeah, my biggest takeaway from that video is that I should probably apply for a press pass. Looks like they give it to just about anyone...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I don't understand the criticism of 1660 either. I can't claim to have sampled all of the media outlets in the Twin Cities but I can tell you that there was not much other than sunshine pumping going on down here with a little bit of Gopher success this year. As one would expect.

NDSU Football gets fantastic media coverage in my opinion for the level they play at and of course it is well earned. I think the Gophers would be thrilled to have similar coverage.
    Bison 1660 needs a Common Man or Barreiro type to balance out what they already have. PA's show is basically Bison 1660 for the twin cities but Common Man is entertaining because he'll flip flop on and off the bandwagon on a whim which will get people going and Barreiro is good because he'll call out the sunshine pumpers with reasoned opinions. McFeely thinks he's Barreiro but he's not... he's more of a poor man's Skip Bayless. They can keep The Insiders and the Brakedown the way it is but I think they'd be surprised how well they could do by putting an antagonist personality on daily. I mean it's basically made blowhards like Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith the highest paid "talent" at their respective sports media giants.

heckler is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

These other guys are exactly what would be if Bisonville produced the only media content on NDSU. Nobody wants that.

Yup........... Nailed it....