Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Postgame thoughts

Default Re: EWU Postgame thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by ptrBison View Post
    NEC to cover 5
    Wait a minute. What I meant was , we only had a chance to cover these guys 54% of the time
    youre a surgical thinker

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Klieman postgame comments:

""That's a great team that we just played," NDSU coach Chris Klieman said. "I'm so proud of our guys for staying the course. We knew it was going to be a back-and-forth game. And ultimately we got the stop we needed on defense - what a great play by Tre - and then I think we finally wore 'em down with the power play."

Anyone else believe we wore 'em down with the power play?
    Did not appear so on my end. The last drive was 90% passing and Stick running the ball. (lucky Stick did not get injured).
    It looked to me on both of the first two games that the opponents figured out how to stop the inside power game more times than not. Perhaps it was better than my perception, but yardage was coming from runs bouncing to the outside not straight up the middle. The runners seemed to not turn up the field to get the 3-4 yard gains in several situations with EWU. That said EWU had some guys really blasting from the secondary to stop those runs.
    EWU's defense seemed strong but in the end they gave up 530+ yards of offense just like the Bison. Difference was all of the EWU offense was through the air with many long balls. Bison offense was balanced air/run yardage.
    Bison defense...well, 3 on 5 seldom plants a QB into the turf. The fact there were five sacks is a strong testament to the strength and will of the d-linemen. I understand the idea of trying to limit the air attack with secondary defense but most of the games won in the past have been strongly impacted by pressure on the QB which we all saw was nearly nonexistent last night.
    All said, it was a win against another true top 10 team.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am thankful and relieved we have a chance to be 3-0. We were very nearly 0-2 heading into Iowa with an absolute brutal conference schedule to follow. SDSU, UNI, ILL ST, Youngstown, and Western Ill will all be juggernauts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

From the summary of the game on the EWU site. You just can"t argue with facts.

What It Means . . .
    * The two teams which have combined to win the last six NCAA Football Championship Subdivision titles squared off in a game that will probably have FCS Playoff implications down the road.

http://goeags.com/news/2016/9/10/foo...?path=football
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    It looked to me on both of the first two games that the opponents figured out how to stop the inside power game more times than not. Perhaps it was better than my perception, but yardage was coming from runs bouncing to the outside not straight up the middle. The runners seemed to not turn up the field to get the 3-4 yard gains in several situations with EWU.
    How much of the issues with the run game can be attributed to Kuhnert's absence? Not saying Volson hasn't played well but there is a great deal of experience lost at an important position on the Oline

Eagles had a few bad passes, but that passing attack with an elusive QB looked like something you'd see from a top 10 team in the FBS.
    It's OK to not be OK.

EW's passing game is really good. They gave the Bison backfield a workout and in reality needed going into the Iowa game. The number of penalties was insane. The refs spotted the ball a few times ahead of were the ball should have been. When EW went for it on 4th down the ball was not spotted correctly IMO. They did that twice during that series, which helped them score. The roughing the passer play against the Bison IMO was total BS when the QB still had the ball in his hand. The targeting call made me feel like I was imprisoned. The targeting call came 45 seconds after the play was over. It was when Baldwin came on the field the flag was thrown. The refs seemed to listen to Baldwin but not coach K. Also, after coach K chewed the white hat out, the white hat was throwing flags against the Bison left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    EW's passing game is really good. They gave the Bison backfield a workout and in reality needed going into the Iowa game. The number of penalties was insane. The refs spotted the ball a few times ahead of were the ball should have been. When EW went for it on 4th down the ball was not spotted correctly IMO. They did that twice during that series, which helped them score. The roughing the passer play against the Bison IMO was total BS when the QB still had the ball in his hand. The targeting call made me feel like I was imprisoned. The targeting call came 45 seconds after the play was over. It was when Baldwin came on the field the flag was thrown. The refs seemed to listen to Baldwin but not coach K. Also, after coach K chewed the white hat out, the white hat was throwing flags against the Bison left and right.
    Kind of like this...
    image.jpg
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

At the end of the day, we are 2-0. We've had great play at times, average play at times, terrible at other times. And they did get it done against who I think are two very very good teams. We'll take it because what we have learned is these things will get cleaned up over the course of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Kind of like this...
    image.jpg
    Ya, kind of like that.