Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Postgame thoughts

Default Re: EWU Postgame thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingslayer View Post
    Guys on the postgame are saying the long plays were "fluke" plays... yeah okay...
    Those balls were "50/50 balls". And 87% of the time we lost.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

EWU QB...great game. Walked off the field without shaking a hand....actually jogged off. Can't stand that, great competitors respect the game and opposition.

King Frazier doesn't hit the holes well. Time for 25, 10 and 8 to carry the mail.

Brock Robbins made some nice blocks from FB position.

Defense - I put that scheme on the staff. The lack of pressure was obvious, and if they finally got to him it was a scramble and a short sack anyway.

Deluca - please don't celly until you cross the goal line.

2-0.

Quote Originally Posted by ptrBison View Post
    Those balls were "50/50 balls". And 87% of the time we lost.
    NEC to cover 5
    Wait a minute. What I meant was , we only had a chance to cover these guys 54% of the time

Klieman postgame comments:

""That's a great team that we just played," NDSU coach Chris Klieman said. "I'm so proud of our guys for staying the course. We knew it was going to be a back-and-forth game. And ultimately we got the stop we needed on defense - what a great play by Tre - and then I think we finally wore 'em down with the power play."

Anyone else believe we wore 'em down with the power play?
    Did not appear so on my end. The last drive was 90% passing and Stick running the ball. (lucky Stick did not get injured).

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    EWU QB...great game. Walked off the field without shaking a hand....actually jogged off. Can't stand that, great competitors respect the game and opposition.

King Frazier doesn't hit the holes well. Time for 25, 10 and 8 to carry the mail.

Defense - I put that scheme on the staff. The lack of pressure was obvious, and if they finally got to him it was a scramble and a short sack anyway.

2-0.
    lol @ Deluca...bastard gave me a heart attack

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post

2-0.
    Frasier was really hesitant and to much dancing. He missed a short third down when he did it yesterday. I don't want morlock at tailback either. Thought Dunn had a real good game, need more carries for Bruce

That was a great QB we played. He made great reads and his passes were in some pretty tight windows. I mean the passes that weren't to wide open recievers who had gotten behind the secondary.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    One of my post-game thoughts is that I'm not sure we are the #1 FCS team right now, and would assume Richmond will take over next week after what I am pretty sure will be a loss (hopefully not too bad) to Iowa.

And CK is starting to wear on me. His awe shucks, they are good, we were lucky to win, not sure about next week/fielding a team, and what seems to be lack of enthusiasm/GASF from our players concern me.
    I touched on it earlier, I don't think CK has a master plan for this team. Bohl had a master plan, power west coast on offense, Tampa 2 on D that relied heavily on blitzing to put pressure on the QB. Since CK has taken over, we have slowly started to drift away from these master plans. The problem as I see it, is CK in not nearly the CEO type of head coach that Bohl was. CK doesn't have a solid overall vision for the team and doesn't have the power of personality to make his subordinates stick to that vision. He needs to first come up with a master plan (preferably the one that Bohl had) and then order his coaches to stick with it. In other words he needs to grow a pair and tell his coaches its either my way or the highway.

What we saw last night was an absolute slap in the face to Bison football, to the fans and players alike. Why on earth would you throw out your bread and butter, the very essence of your teams identity, for one game? Lets face it, for all of the great offensive weapons we have had the last 5 years, we won our national championships on solid D. Defense IS Bison football, it is the mainstay of the team, and a great source of pride for the fans, players, and coaches alike. Why try to fix something that is not broken.

To sum this whole post up in one short sentence. CK, WTF were you thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    The thing that really disappointments me so far is we have fallen into our "opponent was so good, they were top 5" bullshit. We literally climbed to the top of this shit because we were the baddest mother fuckers on this planet and we're going to kick your ass and you just need to show up and deal with it. Fuck all this good team shit. We have a talented team that looks like a bunch of jokers. If I was a current player I'd be embarrassed of this clown show. Go to practice handel your business like you run this mother fucker and then go out on Saturday and own it. None of this "that other team is a really good football team" shit. But alas his team doesn't have that attitude. Sorry for all the foul language it's just sad to see the run end like this. And it is ending if you don't believe that refer to the sentence at the start.
    Absolutely agree with everything you said. Well said sir, the run is ending because we lack leadership at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    I touched on it earlier, I don't think CK has a master plan for this team. Bohl had a master plan, power west coast on offense, Tampa 2 on D that relied heavily on blitzing to put pressure on the QB. Since CK has taken over, we have slowly started to drift away from these master plans. The problem as I see it, is CK in not nearly the CEO type of head coach that Bohl was. CK doesn't have a solid overall vision for the team and doesn't have the power of personality to make his subordinates stick to that vision. He needs to first come up with a master plan (preferably the one that Bohl had) and then order his coaches to stick with it. In other words he needs to grow a pair and tell his coaches its either my way or the highway.

What we saw last night was an absolute slap in the face to Bison football, to the fans and players alike. Why on earth would you throw out your bread and butter, the very essence of your teams identity, for one game? Lets face it, for all of the great offensive weapons we have had the last 5 years, we won our national championships on solid D. Defense IS Bison football, it is the mainstay of the team, and a great source of pride for the fans, players, and coaches alike. Why try to fix something that is not broken.

To sum this whole post up in one short sentence. CK, WTF were you thinking?

Well, in CK's defense.....maybe they will take this as a learning experience. Don't try to reinvent the wheel. Our base Defense is tough as nails....make the other team's offense adjust to it.

This team will improve. The Bison are still a very young team overall.