Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Ticket Outlook

Default Re: Ticket Outlook

I had to text the guy on craigslist today to pull his pictures of his tickets with barcodes down. He calls me wanting to know why... They were up for 22 hrs he's probably already screwed or rather the person that buys them is. I actually don't want physical tickets. Who knows who has seen the barcodes.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AjaxTheMighty View Post
    There's market value, then there is douche bag price out of market. The latter is easy to sniff out! I suppose you could justify it by saying there are rich people out there who can purchase a Bison ticket no matter the price from change found in their laundry room. But it's still comes off as douchey either way. 👍
    This becomes really easy. If no one buys the tickets, they weren't priced correctly. Whatever price someone buys a product at, it is either at or below the perceived value for the buyer. Why is this so complicated?

If something gets sold and you weren't able to buy it because of the price level doesn't make the seller a douchebag, it means you couldn't afford it. That is life.

People should have bought tickets when they were available at face five months ago and absorbed the risk themselves.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Economics is bullshit!
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    If the market actually warranted the price of $250 per ticket it's not screwing over anybody. That's the fair market price for tickets. When the Warriors played the Pacers a couple weeks ago tickets were going for well over face value. The actual demand was that high. Were Pacer fans gouging other fans? No. They owned a property that had that value. The issue here is people who should know the actual demand isn't high enough to warrant that price but they can't be patient and pay that price. I put that on the buyer not the seller.

Are you saying if you owned a mint condition 1965 Corvette you would sell it for the original price and not what the fair market today would dictate?

http://www.vettefinders.com/index.cf...ifications.htm
    I sold 2 extra tickets i bought had for a hefty profit. Heck it pays for my hotel and gas! Love the free market.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AjaxTheMighty View Post
    There's market value, then there is douche bag price out of market. The latter is easy to sniff out! I suppose you could justify it by saying there are rich people out there who can purchase a Bison ticket no matter the price from change found in their laundry room. But it's still comes off as douchey either way. ��
    They are just trying to take advantage of people who don't understand the process or economics. If nobody buys them he gets nothing. Again, I put that on the buyer and not the seller. If I post a candy bar online with a price of $20 am I gouging someone? What do you think about the person willing to pay that amount for it? It's not a fair market price but most people realize that so they don't buy it. The selling price for these tickets should be anything over $100 but not everyone realizes that. If you've paid any attention over the past 4 seasons you would know that. If you've ever been in the market for tickets to sporting events you would know that.

In 2010 I was able to buy a ticket to the NCAA basketball championship for $10. In 2015 my son and I were downtown, but there were very few tickets available for sale and a lot of Wisconsin fans looking for tickets. It was a seller's market because supply was well below demand. I went home and watched it on TV. If you don't understand the market and how it works you may end up overpaying for a product or service. Tickets to events is no different.

If you wait until next week you will be able to find tickets for face value or possibly less. The market dynamic that causes prices to be high will correct itself when actual demand meets actual supply. Impatience will cost you.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I sold 2 extra tickets i bought had for a hefty profit. Heck it pays for my hotel and gas! Love the free market.
    The proletariat is going to rise up and kick your ass someday you Bourgeoisie son-of-a-bitch!
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    What comes around goes around..... Sad state of affairs in this country. Yes it's called gouging, taken to it's extreme we get 2008, or 1929. To each his own, I guess I am a sucker for actually believing all this "Strength of the herd " bs. Carry on. Go Bison.
    It's not gouging. Nobody needs to go to the game. If you don't like the ticket prices, easy stay home.

Now, if your selling a drug that sick people desperately need for insane prices, different story.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

If you don't know how to buy tickets by now, I don't know what to tell you.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    It's not gouging. Nobody needs to go to the game. If you don't like the ticket prices, easy stay home.

Now, if your selling a drug that sick people desperately need for insane prices, different story.
    What if the drugs wouldn't exist if it weren't for the high prices? Do you know how much it costs to develop drugs?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    What if the drugs wouldn't exist if it weren't for the high prices? Do you know how much it costs to develop drugs?
    That is a different argument for a different time.

The elasticity of demand is a good topic for this discussion, though.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯