Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Post game thoughts

Default Re: Post game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Here was my original comment:

My opinion is the same and hasn't changed. If a player is threatened, they have the right to defend themselves. If not, I would want them off the team.

A fan tallking shit isn't threatening. A fan putting their hands on a player is.

I'm done with this now, feel free to put as many words in my mouth as you want. I won't comment again.
    "Sorry your guy's feelings were hurt, but you can't punch someone because they are an asshole." Those are your words. I am glad you won't be commenting again, that's a plus.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

VanClubPres is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One play does not make the game. I am not trying to make any excuses.

I just watched the replay, and saw what I thought I saw in the game.

4 mins left in the game, they throw a deeper pass down their sideline. The Grizz receiver clearly steps out. Both line judges drop their hats. The reception is made. By what I know, admittedly little, that is a penalty.

Any thoughts?
    To the Herd!!!!

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As far as the incident with Morlock, I watched that video many times and I don't think it is some drunk student who came out of the stands. If you watch the video I don't see many fans getting out on the field right away and especially not fast enough to run Chase down as he's jogging back to the sidelines after the final whistle. I think it was someone who had access to the field. It'll be interesting to see what Montana finds out if they do investigate.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by VanClubPres View Post

4 mins left in the game, they throw a deeper pass down their sideline. The Grizz receiver clearly steps out. Both line judges drop their hats. The reception is made. By what I know, admittedly little, that is a penalty.

Any thoughts?

The only thing that I can think of was that the refs thought that the NDSU player touched the ball first. I thought he stepped out too and didn't understand how that stood. But if I remember the rule right he can make a play on the ball just can't be the first to touch the ball.

Any thoughts?
    Yeah...and it was a rather important play. The announcers were surprised it wasn't called. On the other hand, we weren't stopping much of anything at that point.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Any thoughts?
    Need IndyBison to clarify, but I believe the college rule is the same as the pros. If the WR is forced out of bounds he is once again eligible to touch the ball only AFTER a defender first touches the ball.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Didn't notice much from RJ this game. After last year found that surprising. Anyone else think that?

Overall, I think it was a pretty well officiated game. I really didn't notice the officials that much, which is usually a good sign. I did think our receiver got held on our last possession with no call but you can find calls like that in any game that could go either way.

The more I think about it I think the difference makers were the receivers on Montana stepping up and making huge plays, while our receivers were not able to get much separation. The Grizz DBs deserve a lot of credit for nice coverage. Having said that, I'm still shocked we couldn't line up and run it more effectively late in the game. Again, credit to Montana's D.

The good news is there were a lot of good things that happened as well and we have some players that will improve a lot moving forward. Everything is still possible, there is just a smaller margin of error.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Need IndyBison to clarify, but I believe the college rule is the same as the pros. If the WR is forced out of bounds he is once again eligible to touch the ball only AFTER a defender first touches the ball.
    On the radio I thought they said it's fine as long as he was forced out and gets back in bounds quickly. Can't quite be sure though. I wouldn't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    North Dakota State Rushing
    CAR YDS AVG TD LONG
    King Frazier 15 91 6.1 1 33
    Carson Wentz 13 70 5.4 2 19
    Chase Morlock 11 45 4.1 0 16
    Lance Dunn 4 20 5.0 0 8
    Bruce Anderson 2 3 1.5 0 3
    TEAM 45 229 5.1 3 33

I honestly don't get people complaining about our ground game. Those numbers are better than the 4ypc you speak of. Could it have better at times? Yes, but it's still pretty good
    Not sure if already mentioned, but with these kind of stats why would the Bison coaches not choose to run all three plays in their final possession? Has anyone in the media asked this question? Seems the best choice would have been to run more time off the clock using the run game and have a better chance of getting a first down since the passing game struggled later in the game.