Page 557 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 574575075475555565575585595676076571057 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,570 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    $$$, alumni and fanbase size? We're already there, where have you been? Ask anybody in the CFB world, NDSU's football program is a high-performing G5 school by all accounts other than its geography. Is blowing the doors off a subdivision full of teachers' colleges and 6 small state flagship universities impressive? Screw Kansas' FB program, but I'd gladly switch places with any other FB program listed.

Let the "Normal" schools have their subdivision back. We're only here because we didn't successfully jump to FCS when we already belonged in the 70s/80s. It's NDSU's time to enter the main stage. It has been for a while now.

It is a shame that the 2013, 2017, 2018 and 2019 teams weren't able to play a full FBS schedule with multiple P5 opponents.
    We're obviously ready for a G5 level move, but a lot of the P5 fanbases like Michigan are much larger. Even Kansas pulls in 25-30k fans each game. If they were winning those games, I bet it'd be much higher. We might have to expand/replace the fargodome to get an MWC invite. For the MAC it would be fine. Attendance and stadium size is one area where Montana has an edge on us.

Supposedly Montana previously had two FBS opportunities they turned down, MWC in 2006 and WAC in 2010.
    https://herosports.com/fcs-podcast-jim-oday-bzbz/

Absolutely would not trade our success and NC's for Arizona's trainwreck of a program.
    Yes, it would be nice to play more FBS games, but winning matters too.
    Last edited by BigHorns; 04-21-2022 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    We're obviously ready for a G5 level move, but a lot of the P5 fanbases like Michigan are much larger. Even Kansas pulls in 25-30k fans each game. If they were winning those games, I bet it'd be much higher. We might have to expand/replace the fargodome to get an MWC invite. For the MAC it would be fine. Attendance and stadium size is one area where Montana has an edge on us.

Supposedly Montana previously had two FBS opportunities they turned down, MWC in 2006 and WAC in 2010.
    https://herosports.com/fcs-podcast-jim-oday-bzbz/

Absolutely would not trade our success and NC's for Arizona's trainwreck of a program.
    Yes, it would be nice to play more FBS games, but winning matters too.
    I don't know if I would trade our past success for Arizona's, but if you were to tell me that moving forward I got to pick between winning the FCS championship most years or being middle-bottom of a P5 conference most years... I'm taking P5. Not that P5 even matters or is in the conversation.

The good news is that there is a home for state flagship universities w/ a half billion dollar endowment. It's the G5, and it's where we belong.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    You listed elite academic institutions. What do they have to do with anything?
    Elite? meh, UofM was a commuter school 20 years ago. I'm not saying it's a bad school but I've worked with a lot of UofM graduates. They all had a nickname for me.....it was boss.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Elite? meh, UofM was a commuter school 20 years ago. I'm not saying it's a bad school but I've worked with a lot of UofM graduates. They all had a nickname for me.....it was boss.
    Uh...no. The U of M was not a commuter school 20 years ago, nor has it ever been. It is an urban school, but that's not necessarily the same thing. It is a better school academically than most of the B1G. I've got a lot of issues with the U of M, but let's not pretend it isn't a superior school in most metrics--regardless of whether any of their grads have ever called you "boss."
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Uh...no. The U of M was not a commuter school 20 years ago, nor has it ever been. It is an urban school, but that's not necessarily the same thing. It is a better school academically than most of the B1G. I've got a lot of issues with the U of M, but let's not pretend it isn't a superior school in most metrics--regardless of whether any of their grads have ever called you "boss."
    ^This is true. NDSU does pale in comparison, but its apples and oranges. I’ll stop there, ND … No worries. Peace out

UM TC doesn’t score way high in US News, but neither does NDSU. Pay no attention to the .coms … unless you want to buy something from them.

UM TC is one of the best research universities in the country*. They just suck at athletics

*and NDSU ain’t too shabby either

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    $$$, alumni and fanbase size? We're already there, where have you been? Ask anybody in the CFB world, NDSU's football program is a high-performing G5 school by all accounts other than its geography. Is blowing the doors off a subdivision full of teachers' colleges and 6 small state flagship universities impressive? Screw Kansas' FB program, but I'd gladly switch places with any other FB program listed.

Let the "Normal" schools have their subdivision back. We're only here because we didn't successfully jump to FCS when we already belonged in the 70s/80s. It's NDSU's time to enter the main stage. It has been for a while now.

It is a shame that the 2013, 2017, 2018 and 2019 teams weren't able to play a full FBS schedule with multiple P5 opponents.
    omg yes. that 2013 team and Carsons senior team would've easily won the Mountain West and been in a New Years Day Bowl Game or close to it

why are we wasting this dynasty run!!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    omg yes. that 2013 team and Carsons senior team would've easily won the Mountain West and been in a New Years Day Bowl Game or close to it

why are we wasting this dynasty run!!!!
    We will never know how those seasons would have gone..

However, wouldn't you be wasting your time in the Mountain West too..?

You seem to think the conference offers you no competition at all..

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post

hey... gotta bang a few 6s and 7s before you get with a 10 !
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

You ever been to Laramie? It's like the devils lake of Wyoming but instead of walleyes they have hippies. The meth is top notch. Only better stuff is in Rawlins.

Lardsin must go!

El Chapo thinks a lot of things. Most of them conflict with each other. Fits of passion don't appear to be the foundation of a strong argument

"Mountain West sucks and is afraid of NDSU, let's go to the AAC!!"

--five minutes later--

"FBS!! Pump it up!! Let's leave pudville and go to the Mountain West!"
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*